2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Most people that do swaps to the larger wheels are doing it because they're fairly hardcore off roaders, but if you did a survey of all jeep wrangler owners you'll find that the vast majority don't go bigger. If you're on the road over 90% of the time like 99% of jeep owners, it would be foolish to make your vehicle objectively worse to drive for the conditions you're mostly driving in.
Ive driven 43k miles on my 35” MT tires on my F150 in the last 2.5yrs. Daily commute to work 54 miles round trip at speeds 70-75mph and wheel the crap out of my truck during summers. You couldn't pay me to drive my f150 w/ stock tires. DD my wrangler w/ 35” STT Pros before buying the truck, jeep now sits in the garage because my truck is so comfortable and the ride has been excellent. Ride quality is better than my wife’s GC with air suspension and KO2 tires.

i also rotate & balance tires on all vehicles every 3k miles.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A whole bunch of people went out and bought .44 Magnum handguns in the early 1970's after seeing Clint Eastwood wave one around. Everyone wanted to say they owned one for bragging rights, you know...manly. After they bought a rather expensive (comparatively) hand gun and went to go shoot it, they found that it sucks to shoot. Felt recoil was very unpleasant and the ammunition was (again, relatively) expensive. The prices cratered and there were ten of them in every pawn shop across the Country for cheap in short order.

I think it might be similar for the SQ package if 20% or more of buyers opt for it. The proof either way will be to see if they turn up in used car lots in higher percentages than are sold. I further suspect that they might show a disproportionately higher percentage loss in trade-in if people decided the look wasn't worth the trade-offs.
Yeah, and in one of the movies Harry tells his buddy, "I shoot a 44 spl semi wad cutter, I find the recoil more manageable" I have a 44 spl, and while fun to shoot actually less powerful than the 357, regular cops were carrying.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My off road rig. Broke the front struts, dented up the oil pan and lost 3 front tires “off roading” over the years.
33’s will be just fine ✌?
443906D2-5B8E-4F19-8190-7FB774F2AA2D.jpeg
We should start a new thread: Unlikely off-road vehicles. I have been using my '98 Avalon as my off-roader for the past two years. At least yours has a bit more ground clearance than mine, and a ton more cargo space.??

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kudos to you, But damn, that is definitely not for me. Does not tickle me in any good way whatsoever. Actually tickles me wrong.

Anyone thinks this looks cool?
I think it looks very cool but more importantly I think it looks functional and purpose built for the environment in which its being used.

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
When it comes to “big” tires for off-roading, tall is more important than wide in the majority of circumstances. There is no question that “tall and wide” also equates to heavy......which robs power and puts more of a burden on suspension components to control the extra unsprung weight.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most people that do swaps to the larger wheels are doing it because they're fairly hardcore off roaders,
You have to be kidding...the vast majority of Jeep owners who go bigger do it for looks and still never take it off road. Next time you’re in a big parking lot, walk around and look at all the modded jeeps...very few are driven by “hardcore off roaders”.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This seems to be a pretty good reference vid. Hopefully, it is permissible to post up the link. Admin, whack it if you need to......

I like that he describes WHY he chooses the tires that he does. Function, practicality and usage.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kinda laughing at the people it here talking trash about trucks not being used to their full abilities... Then realize I dont use my bed nearly as much as I use my trailer. Damn short bed trucks....

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
....Most people that do swaps to the larger wheels are doing it because they're fairly hardcore off roaders, but if you did a survey of all jeep wrangler owners you'll find that the vast majority don't go bigger.....
You drive a mazda6 and a Tesla, and your gonna tell us what a wrangler survey would reveal about tire size selection? Now that is some funny early morning reading.

I’m just gonna put your opinion in the “funny response” section of forum reply’s.
A Tesla owner in a 4WD vehicle forum, giving big tire selection info, Hummmm SMH ??‍

No need to spend time with a long reply, not gonna read it.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is just my take on it , if you dont get the sasquatch you might wish you had and its going to be hard to upgrade later.
Years ago i was dealing with a major suspension lift company,i asked which lift was their best seller ? They said which time? Because many customers order a 4 in lift then regret it and get a 6in lift.

Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still on the fence about Sasquatch. I do think I'll likely get annoyed with the noise of the MT, but once I burn through them, plan would be to switch out for 35" All Terrains. Honestly wish that was an option for the package.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive driven 43k miles on my 35” MT tires on my F150 in the last 2.5yrs. Daily commute to work 54 miles round trip at speeds 70-75mph and wheel the crap out of my truck during summers. You couldn't pay me to drive my f150 w/ stock tires. DD my wrangler w/ 35” STT Pros before buying the truck, jeep now sits in the garage because my truck is so comfortable and the ride has been excellent. Ride quality is better than my wife’s GC with air suspension and KO2 tires.

i also rotate & balance tires on all vehicles every 3k miles.
My daily driver had 38's, they hummed on the road but like you, I could never have run factory tires on that :)

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The more people are nervous or hesitant about the 35 MTs the better. That will mean my BD SQ will be less likely to run into supply issues. I was going to pontificate on why the concerns are overblown, but I will keep quiet.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more people are nervous or hesitant about the 35 MTs the better. That will mean my BD SQ will be less likely to run into supply issues. I was going to pontificate on why the concerns are overblown, but I will keep quiet.
That's a good point...I'm going to stop shooting down the overblown concerns from people who have never run them that big but think they know all about them.

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please tell us! Ive already mentioned a Ford test driver commenting on the differences. Maybe DM me?
Sponsored

Last edited: