Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
35x12.5

...saw them and said, hmm, maybe Sasquatch is a little overkill...almost looked cartoonish in person. Really put things in perspective after gushing over bronco photos. While they do look great for off roading, it just seemed like they have no business on paved road
I run 37s on my JK with 513 gears.
37's are my go to. Requires a few modifications to make them fit and work right.

Jeep_KD.jpg
Sponsored

HobbyPro

Black Diamond
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can’t believe there are people thinking of buying a Bronco and not going Sasquatch. That’s like unAmerican.

Oh say can you seeee....
I won’t buy an automatic and the current bronco isn’t available in manual Sasquatch.

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honest question, taking looks completely out of the equation, where exactly is a Sasquatch going that a BL on 33s would have a difficult time following?

This isn't a pointed question or anything, I'm genuinely curious as I try to decide what to get.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually a fair amount of folks that have the rock lights in the fender wells use them for night time trail riding/rock climbing. (Yes, that's really a thing)
I didn't know that. Interesting.

Still, that may be, but I think it's safe to say that's not what's going on when I see them. I'm not talking about something that's clearly someone's off-road rig on a trail at night. I'm talking about these (below image) driving down 6-lane exurban roads in (completely flat) South Florida at night, except typically with much larger tires. Probably have train horns too.

Ford Bronco Damn 35s are big 4215-001-4

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honest question, taking looks completely out of the equation, where exactly is a Sasquatch going that a BL on 33s would have a difficult time following?

This isn't a pointed question or anything, I'm genuinely curious as I try to decide what to get.
My answer would be very few. Might need to take it slower and/or with a better line. Might need to be ok with scraping the undercarriage just a little bit more (an extra inch does come in handy at times). Push a little more snow/mud and likely get stopped a little sooner than your buddy with 35s. Most of the time, you'll likely not need it or maybe even want it until you need it. Depends how much you're truly going to explore. 35s are also wider so the Sasquatch Broncos are going to be a little more stable off road. I consider it like a mini-Raptor at speed in the desert or on other gravel/dirt roads. If you're not going to be pushing it and finding yourself in those kinds of conditions, a BL on 33s will be more than enough. I know I never once regretted having a Raptor with 35s (except changing tires multiple times on Raptor outings. They are heavy lol!).

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This video does a great job at illustrating the benefits, limitations, and differences between 33s and 35s. Helped put things in perspective for me.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This video does a great job at illustrating the benefits, limitations, and differences between 33s and 35s. Helped put things in perspective for me.
Very useful. A couple of takeaways for me were the need for proper gearing and sufficient power needed to run 35's. But if you have those then the benefits of the 35's off-road seem pretty clear. A squatched BL with the 2.7 looks awesome on paper. Just which I could actually drive one ;)

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a good point...I'm going to stop shooting down the overblown concerns from people who have never run them that big but think they know all about them.
You changed your Avatar, now I don't have to ask why your name was Gamecock! GCFL

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It depends...on you, on your spotter, the trail. The extra tire gives you some margin for error...improves clearance and break over. Where and how many times that helps you depends on a lot of factors. A 4 door has a pretty long wheelbase, and a bigger tire helps those angles a significant amount and will help clear some things. A 35 will make things easier...will make it more capable. Where can it go that a 33 equipped truck can’t? Maybe not many places, but it will make it easier and give you more confidence where you do go.

Last edited:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A 35 will make things easier...will make it more capable. Where can it go that a 33 equipped truck can’t? Maybe not many places, but it will make it easier and give you more confidence where you do go.
According to this guy it's the reverse. Where is the Badlands going that the Sasquatch is not. And that's just about everywhere in the world outside of North America because you're not going to find 35" tires. No ones else runs on them.

Also it appear that the few situations the 35's might make something easier, is also the situation that the 35's will make it easier to break something too. ;)

"It's common in the off-road and 4x4 world to install 35, 37 or even 40 inch tires, but in a funny juxtaposition, I've never met a single person driving internationally with tires that big. Why Not? I'll lay out the pros and cons of running massive tires on long expeditions. You might be surprised by the reality."

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to this guy it's the reverse. Where is the Badlands going that the Sasquatch is not. And that's just about everywhere in the world outside of North America because you're not going to find 35" tires. No ones else runs on them.

Also it appear that the few situations the 35's might make something easier, is also the situation that the 35's will make it easier to break something too. ;)

"It's common in the off-road and 4x4 world to install 35, 37 or even 40 inch tires, but in a funny juxtaposition, I've never met a single person driving internationally with tires that big. Why Not? I'll lay out the pros and cons of running massive tires on long expeditions. You might be surprised by the reality."

That’s a fairly good video, but he is speaking from a “long expedition” perspective. He’s an over lander, and that is a different thing that requires a different setup to travel long distances on and off road. If the objective is to go drive the hardest trails and clear the hardest obstacles, then things change. Big time. The latter is more common in the US...the former in Australia and Africa...thus the differing perspective... but what tire is better for over-landing was not asked. The poster asked about trails that push to the max to the point one truck can’t even do it. That clearly is a much different answer.

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't know that. Interesting.

Still, that may be, but I think it's safe to say that's not what's going on when I see them. I'm not talking about something that's clearly someone's off-road rig on a trail at night. I'm talking about these (below image) driving down 6-lane exurban roads in (completely flat) South Florida at night, except typically with much larger tires. Probably have train horns too.

Ford Bronco Damn 35s are big 4215-001-4
Oh My.........That's really.....something. :p

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

33s are perfect for a Samurai, but the Bronco needs 35s-37s to look right in my opinion.

462B9F67-EAEA-4EC3-9917-3BE6B02929A8.jpeg

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs