Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talking about axles, are the stock rear axles in bronco full float type or semi float type?
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a comparison on the front axle options vs a D44. From Spicer’s catalog, the M210 front has 1/4” smaller ring diameter but about 1000ft-lb higher torque rating.

The key will be the CV’s and how they handle it. I really thing the M210 is a stout competitor to a D44 axle in almost all arenas. Flex would be one where the SFA will top.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One more wish there it is, we need a bronco with Dana 44 solid front axle..after all we can't compromise "FLEX"
That being said, the Rubicon video showed some really good flex. The only issue is the forced articulation one gets with a SFA. I think the IFS is going to be a great competitor and open eyes. With a locked front axle, there are very few and specific time where that other tire needs to be forced down. I’d be curious how many keyboard warriors have wheeled a TTB vs a SFA FSB. I have and I can say the TTB lacked from the sway bar. That’s taken care of with the BL.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a comparison on the front axle options vs a D44. From Spicer’s catalog, the M210 front has 1/4” smaller ring diameter but about 1000ft-lb higher torque rating.

The key will be the CV’s and how they handle it. I really thing the M210 is a stout competitor to a D44 axle in almost all arenas. Flex would be one where the SFA will top.
Good info on the Advantek axles here: https://spicerparts.com/parts/axle/automotive/advantek-axle-technology

I think the IFS is going to be a great competitor and open eyes. With a locked front axle, there are very few and specific time where that other tire needs to be forced down. I’d be curious how many keyboard warriors have wheeled a TTB vs a SFA FSB. I have and I can say the TTB lacked from the sway bar. That’s taken care of with the BL.
Not a full size bronco, but a 76 & that series had one of the best designed front ends available, so I was sad to learn of the IFS in this gen. But the more footage I see with the Moab trials, I am becoming more & more impressed by what this Bronco is capable of. A lot of people are saying they are getting thrashed, but might not understand that hard bumpers skid plates & rock rails are intended to take punishment & if you are going to use this truck it will get trail memories to take home, but I see nothing major at all. Oh yeah I am a believer that sway bars were meant to be disconnected, if not all together abandoned, just adapt your driving style. If that hydraulic unit ever fails on me, it's straight to to crap can.

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good info on the Advantek axles here: https://spicerparts.com/parts/axle/automotive/advantek-axle-technology

Not a full size bronco, but a 76 & that series had one of the best designed front ends available, so I was sad to learn of the IFS in this gen. But the more footage I see with the Moab trials, I am becoming more & more impressed by what this Bronco is capable of. A lot of people are saying they are getting thrashed, but might not understand that hard bumpers skid plates & rock rails are intended to take punishment & if you are going to use this truck it will get trail memories to take home, but I see nothing major at all. Oh yeah I am a believer that sway bars were meant to be disconnected, if not all together abandoned, just adapt your driving style. If that hydraulic unit ever fails on me, it's straight to to crap can.
You could go manual Sta-bar disconnect like most Jeepers do. Pull some pins, swing them out of the way and hit the trail.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could go manual Sta-bar disconnect like most Jeepers do. Pull some pins, swing them out of the way and hit the trail.
Yeah I use to do that on my XJ & got sick of it , so one day I tossed both sway bars and never looked back. Ran that way for > 10 years, never had an issue. Never trailed always driven to & from the trails.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is some more good info on the advantek axle

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you are going to a D60 front, you will have a long list of upgrades to bring the rest of the vehicle up to that level. The cost adds up quick.
Yeah, but the very people who will pay to switch to SFA will probably go whole hog. We’re talking 4” lift and 40’s too.
Sponsored