First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A 60 is not that big of an improvement over a 44. Slightly sure, but not monster.
If you ever picked either up, you would know. 1 strong guy can put a dana 44 in the bed of his truck. Call a friend or bust a nut on a D60.
Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you ever picked either up, you would know. 1 strong guy can put a dana 44 in the bed of his truck. Call a friend or bust a nut on a D60.
Just what the Bronco needs. More weight with little benefit!!!

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So will there be a Rhino Rack on top? Thatā€˜s what we need!

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco on tons!! This actually happened quicker that I thought it would.

How long till an EB body is mated to a 6G chassis??

Pretty cool stuff if you ask me. Do I need it? No, but I do appreciate those pushing forward.

TexAZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m thinking the admins need to add a new category to the forums menu titled hardcore tech to minimize the completely asinine comments of why would someone want to modify a perfectly good Bronco that the Ford engineers spent a ton of $$ to create?

Itā€™s become painfully obvious that a lot of members on Bronco6G are new to off-roading and would be eaten alive on boards like pirate4x4.com and ih8mud.com.

While I respect the opinions and questions of some that have never owned an off-road/4WD vehicle and that there seems to be a true interest in some members wanting to know why, how, best practices and setups to transform their Bronco into a real trail machine. I donā€™t understand why if someoneā€™s decides to gut their (not yours) new Bronco and upgrade every weak link to satisfy their style of off-roading people cringe?

I realize that not everyone will or needs to build a vehicle to conquer the deepest mud pits or tallest sand mountains or gnarliest rock trails and that the stock Bronco will satisfy 90% of the owners in stock or lightly modified form which is great! However, while some people are concerned with how to keep their door jambs clean, or whatā€™s the best way to keep from getting a scratch or rock chip in their paint, there is an entire community of us that see the Bronco as a nice base platform due to its size, body on frame construction and interior room to transform into a true off-road vehicle that will tackle the toughest trails you can find and allow us to be 100+ miles away from any civilization without having to worry about breaking a tie rod end, bending a trailing arm or exploding to spider gears in the factory diff, etc.
This...All.Day.Long.
If anyone is worried about scratches or if Ford will warranty your valve stem, these mods aren't for you. You're welcome to come along, stand to the side and watch some of us push our rigs...the bypass is over there...

Todd,
Please keep us updated on your builds. I'm across the valley from you, would love to swing by some time and talk about what y'all have going on. I have an 11/15 build date! Badlands/Sasquatch

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just what the Bronco needs. More weight with little benefit!!!
If you are turning into a monster truck its gonna have some weight. Wanna put 40+ inch tires on it and turn the turbo dial up to 11? You are gonna need a Dana 60 if you want to go offroad. Full floating axles are a major piece of mind. Thats why stock car racing converts ford 9s to full float so people dont die. Anything above 48s which alot of people have on their trail rigs, then you should look at rockwells they weigh about twice what 60 does. The people doing these sort of builds are people that live to offroad, and probably work in a shop for a living. They may drive their rigs to work, but they are not daily drivers. But when they go out to a trail everyone is trying to follow them all day. Being inspired to build their stock rig a lil bit. To keep the industry moving forward. I would rather see a 1 ton swapped bronco on a trail than 10 of em with an (un)level kit and KO2s out infront of what used to be Sears(since thats the dead end of the mall with all the best curb flexing opportunities).

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Advantek Dana 44s (nee' Jeep JL D44 'A') are even closer to the D60 than the old (legacy)D44, unless this is one of the revised D60s as well, which, from the axle 'badge', I'm assuming it is.
Everything on the M220 rear is so much beefier than the legacy 44s, they have nearly the same rating as the legacy D60 as I recall from the comparative charts. The only difference other than more capability in the same dimensions as the legacy 44 you'd see is larger outer tubes, beefier center section, larger hub/more wheel lugs and a larger total payload... I'm not finding the comparative chart between Dana legacy products and the Advanteks, so I can't quote numbers.

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Pretty cool stuff if you ask me. Do I need it? No, but I do appreciate those pushing forward.
Thats what I want! Honestly the main thing holding the new bronco back is its new car interior. Someone please give me bare floors and flat steel dash. Oh and an interior that isnt completely wasted on an internal roll cage.

Mahin2021

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 TD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What it will do is not break.
Altho Dana 44s have a good reputation too.
In all my many years of off roading I have never seen a rear axle break. Always front axles. That is why I will be looking for serious upgrades to the IFS and control arms to my Bronco when I get mine.
anyone have ideas for a front end build?

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm no dweeb weakling, but shuffling a D50 under a spare super duty frame darn near dropped me... I think one of those (dressed, front, hub and brakes, end-to-end) is 800-1,000 lbs...

Last edited:

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of all the things the Bronco needs improving I'd personally rank the rear axle pretty low...

So begs the question for my enlightenment. Why?
cause itā€™s SEMA šŸ¤£

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m thinking the admins need to add a new category to the forums menu titled hardcore tech to minimize the completely asinine comments of why would someone want to modify a perfectly good Bronco that the Ford engineers spent a ton of $$ to create?
Great idea.

Personally I think this is a less than optimal platform for hardcore builds and expect I will leave mine very mild through my entire ownership. But those that want to go hardcore, more power to you. It's fun to watch the hurdles be overcome.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford used to make "bodies-in-white" Mustangs and Fusions or Contours available to racers at below base invoice prices, but they had no VINs or legal for road use abilities, strictly off road only. I'm thinking Ford is leaving money on the table for not at least contemplating these as rolling glider type chassis (gliders are semi tractors without compliant motors to 2009+ FMVSS standards), I suspect there is a huge market for something you can slap an old explorer, Ranger or EB body on and go wheeling or desert bombing with for minimal input...

Piecing an EB body together is a hell of a lot easier than a 1st generation Mustang or Transmarobirdcuda... I even have a EB grill saved in my Amazon list.

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect there is a huge market for something you can slap an old explorer, Ranger or EB body on and go wheeling or desert bombing with for minimal input...
As these age and/or be wrecked I can see a huge demand for rebodies. I would absolutely love an EB set on a 2.3/7MT chassis. Or even just set that drivetrain in a EB chassis.

I bet a RCSB bumpside would look great on a Bronco chassis too, the width should be about right.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As these age and/or be wrecked I can see a huge demand for rebodies. I would absolutely love an EB set on a 2.3/7MT chassis. Or even just set that drivetrain in a EB chassis.
I bet Copart and other national recycler chains are going to bidding wars at insurance companies for these wrecked Broncos selling over MSRP, that'd be some fun data points to just how insane this demand is... rebuilders vs. hobbiests vs. shop builds...
Sponsored