First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now we just need some beefy steering options.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FYI.... the 44 in the rear of current generation Jeep JLs, you will see axle shaft spline twist in axles of those that have larger tires 37 and up and wheel hard. Most go aftermarket axle shafts. So going to a 60 size axle absolutely is a big advantage, in ring gear size, axle diameter, and bearing diameter. Most people who do normal off road things and mostly drive roads will never need a 60. 4ds and rock crawling hard....yep

OP
OP
Doetsch Off-Road

Doetsch Off-Road

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4dr, 2021 Wildtrak, 2021 Rubicon 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ma
Now we just need some beefy steering options.
You aint wrong!!! Working with Fabtech now on a full replacement

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you ever picked either up, you would know. 1 strong guy can put a dana 44 in the bed of his truck. Call a friend or bust a nut on a D60.
🤪he said bust a nut. 🤪😂😂😂
Maybe break a vertebrae?
Serious question tho what’s the weight difference

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m thinking the admins need to add a new category to the forums menu titled hardcore tech to minimize the completely asinine comments of why would someone want to modify a perfectly good Bronco that the Ford engineers spent a ton of $$ to create?

It’s become painfully obvious that a lot of members on Bronco6G are new to off-roading and would be eaten alive on boards like pirate4x4.com and ih8mud.com.
That would stop people from learning new things. Having different levels of builds spreads knowledge.

The only thing that would get anyone eaten alive on pirate these days is if they looked like a blade of grass, then they'd get eaten by all of the crickets over there.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you ever picked either up, you would know. 1 strong guy can put a dana 44 in the bed of his truck. Call a friend or bust a nut on a D60.
And the difference between a Dana 60 and a Dana 70... pick up a Dana 60 by yourself and one nut shoots out your pant leg, pick up a Dana 70 by yourself and both nuts go flying.

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice work, good to see people starting to really build these.

After grenading the Dynatrac Prorock 60 in the rear of my 1st Gen Tundra I switched to a shaved 14-bolt which cost less and was much stronger. The problem with reverse cut gears is the strength, especially when installed in the rear of a heavy vehicle (running on the coast side of the ring gear). I did have pretty good luck running a high pinion D60 in the front though. Since the Bronco is a little lighter than my Tundra it hopefully won't be an issue.

But having said that, they are a step up for a D44. And if you're running anything under 37" tires with an unshaved 14-bolt it tends to be a land anchor.....although a very stout one.

Last edited:

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m thinking the admins need to add a new category to the forums menu titled hardcore tech to minimize the completely asinine comments of why would someone want to modify a perfectly good Bronco that the Ford engineers spent a ton of $$ to create?

It’s become painfully obvious that a lot of members on Bronco6G are new to off-roading and would be eaten alive on boards like pirate4x4.com and ih8mud.com.

While I respect the opinions and questions of some that have never owned an off-road/4WD vehicle and that there seems to be a true interest in some members wanting to know why, how, best practices and setups to transform their Bronco into a real trail machine. I don’t understand why if someone’s decides to gut their (not yours) new Bronco and upgrade every weak link to satisfy their style of off-roading people cringe?

I realize that not everyone will or needs to build a vehicle to conquer the deepest mud pits or tallest sand mountains or gnarliest rock trails and that the stock Bronco will satisfy 90% of the owners in stock or lightly modified form which is great! However, while some people are concerned with how to keep their door jambs clean, or what’s the best way to keep from getting a scratch or rock chip in their paint, there is an entire community of us that see the Bronco as a nice base platform due to its size, body on frame construction and interior room to transform into a true off-road vehicle that will tackle the toughest trails you can find and allow us to be 100+ miles away from any civilization without having to worry about breaking a tie rod end, bending a trailing arm or exploding to spider gears in the factory diff, etc.
Fact!

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would stop people from learning new things. Having different levels of builds spreads knowledge.

The only thing that would get anyone eaten alive on pirate these days is if they looked like a blade of grass, then they'd get eaten by all of the crickets over there.
But the "old" PBB would've offered up a blender and razor blades....:LOL:

Sponsored

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doh....I missed the key ingredient, good catch....surprised DRM hasn't chimed in telling me how wrong I was :ROFLMAO:
He's a grandpa now, he's mellowed.

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He's a grandpa now, he's mellowed.
I think we all have to some degree, but I still have the art of drawing his old self out on FB.

Back on topic.....how can I be expected to keep my hands off her Bronco (if it ever arrives) after seeing cool threads like this :unsure:.

Of course she's already made me promise to build her "real" sliders, a stinger and winch mount, so that's kinda an invitation to just keep cutting in my mind.
Sponsored