Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It appears that VW will add more models to their all electric line up to not only entice different demographics but try to grab first place from Tesla.
Below are two illustration of what has been rumored to come out of Wolfsburg. The orange vehicle is a modern interpretation of the VW THING, while the other( silver model) is a direct challenger to the Bronco Sport with electric propulsion.
Ford Bronco Das Auto - What VW will bring to the table in the near future VW ID Ruggdzz
Ford Bronco Das Auto - What VW will bring to the table in the near future VW ID THING - 01
Ford Bronco Das Auto - What VW will bring to the table in the near future VW ID THING - 02
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It appears that VW will add more models to their all electric line up to not only entice different demographics but try to grab first place from Tesla.
Below are two illustration of what has been rumored to come out of Wolfsburg. The orange vehicle is a modern interpretation of the VW THING, while the other( silver model) is a direct challenger to the Bronco Sport with electric propulsion.
Ford Bronco Das Auto - What VW will bring to the table in the near future VW ID THING - 02
That THING is super cool. Very nice throwback to those creative machines.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I LOVE the integrated roof lights on the Silver thing .... maybe Ford can do something similar, especially with all their cop cars.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I LOVE the integrated roof lights on the Silver thing .... maybe Ford can do something similar, especially with all their cop cars.
Mercedes did that on a badass concept suv a few years back! I always liked having the lights on top all ready. Hummers had some. Forgot the name they called them tho.

Sponsored

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Cause diff people like diff things.
I've owned 3 classic bugs, and still have one. Fun car, easy to work on, gets lots of attention, everybody seems to love them.
I don't see anything wrong with VWs. Almost bought an R32 years ago(the VW not the Nissan, though I'd probably take one of those too) and have always liked the GTI. VWs can be fairly cheap and still last a long while. My sisters Jetta had almost 300k miles on it when she got rid of it.

But I would also be careful saying you don't like anything VW makes. Volkswagen Group owns and makes cars under a lot more than just the VW name. Many Audis are basically rebadged VWs with some upgrades. And Volkwswagen group owns Porsche, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, and Ducati as well as other brands not in the US like Skoda and Seat.

As to the OP, interestingly enough, Ford will also be building at least one electric vehicle on VWs electric platform, but for Europe not the US. VW will also be selling a Ford ranger in other markets soon too(ford will be building a truck for VW on the Ranger platform).

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd love to see a new Thing! Used to see one putting around town, that quirky little Thing just made me smile whenever I saw it.

As for VW in general I wish they'd bring back the 2 door Golf.

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk; ‘20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish we could have Skodas here in the States! I was in one in Europe and loved it! While in Berlin, I got to check out the 'California', also not available in the States.

I really love my Karmann Ghia! Easy to fix. My '72 Camper is going in for a restoration this week!

I am awaiting the "Buzz!" Yeah, it's a silly electric vehicle, but I like the modular style. Should be interesting.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs