Sponsored

Dash accessories mounting point thread size?

Wmneill

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello this question if for any new bronco recipients, first off congrats on your deliver. I was wondering if you can tell me what size or thread size that the dash mounting point is?
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On a similar note, the vaporware picatinny rail we saw last year... Was it mounted on a single, centre location like this or at 2 or 3 locations...?
Pretty sure there were two versions. One with a single centre mount and one with two.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was always the single point mount, with what would basically be feet at the ends. Should probably have a small bow made into it as well, to keep the feet in contact with the dash for stability. Granted, I’m just a fabricator, so I probably don’t know what I’m talking about.

Sponsored

dragon6172

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was always the single point mount, with what would basically be feet at the ends. Should probably have a small bow made into it as well, to keep the feet in contact with the dash for stability. Granted, I’m just a fabricator, so I probably don’t know what I’m talking about.
You just need the feet to be long enough that they make contact before the mount screw is fully tightened

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You just need the feet to be long enough that they make contact before the mount screw is fully tightened
Wouldn’t that create a negative bow once tightened? Not saying that way wouldn’t work... just saying a bow would still exist, though a very minor one.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picatinny rail has always been attached just in the middle.

The very early prototypes showed two screws in the middle… but if you looked close you could see they were fake and the whole thing was likely just a sculpted prototyped.

Also of note, we’ve actually seen two different lengths of prototype picatinny rail.

Production units all come with the single threaded attachment point, and 4WP has been announced as the “exclussive” supplier for this accessory. They have not released it yet.

Expect to see all types of fun things and cheap knock offs on Amazon eventually.

And the shape of the mounting area would allow for non-rotational feet on the rail, so that problem is “solved”, but you would likely need feet on the ends to contact the dash with enough force to prevent vibration up/down which would hurt camera recordings (or just be annoying).

Depending on how your manufacturing is done and what materials you use, you make it with a slight positive bow, so when it’s screwed down the feet contact first, but at correct torque the rail is flat.

That of course hinges on your dash remaining in pristine shape… which it may not be after you’ve taken it off and on a half dozen times to fish wires and add switches and mounts, etc.

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EXACTLY how I envisioned it 👍🏼

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
1/4” - 20

camera/tripod mount size, just picked up a Joby tripod iPhone mount and screwed it in, perfect fit
Which Joby model did you buy? Do they come with the foot with the screw or are you better off buying a whole tripod package?

Sponsored

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

picked up the joby mount at Best Buy, didn’t have the male end of screw on the bottom so I bought a pack of dbl sided tripod screws on Amazon for $6 bucks,
I’m sure some of the tripod kits already have the screws included, the Mount I bought did not though

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just used a 1/4-20 pan head screw to attach my gopro mount,now to figure something for my other action cams on bumpers and the like,I think may utilize the bronco bolts for mount locations?

OP
OP
Wmneill

Wmneill

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1/4” - 20

camera/tripod mount size, just picked up a Joby tripod iPhone mount and screwed it in, perfect fit
Thank you! That gives lots of options

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

picked up the joby mount at Best Buy, didn’t have the male end of screw on the bottom so I bought a pack of dbl sided tripod screws on Amazon for $6 bucks,
I’m sure some of the tripod kits already have the screws included, the Mount I bought did not though
Do you have a link to the Best Buy mount you purchased?

Thanks
Sponsored