AU98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has the dash accessory / picatinny rail still available? At the beginning of the launch, it was hyped, but I haven't seen much lately on it. There has been some dashboard pictures floating around where it appears not to be installed. Was it originally standard, or is it one of the mystery late available accessories?
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It was on the SEMA build so I assume it's still in the plans, but seems like it'll be a DIO after the fact.

bhornberger

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This picture was on bronco nation today - top view of the rail attachment with one attachment point.

Ford Bronco Dash Accessory / Picatinny rail news? 1608514047934

vs earlier pictures that appears to have two points for attachment in the middle. Maybe the insert pops out and the two bronco bolts are under.

Ford Bronco Dash Accessory / Picatinny rail news? 1608514108097

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This picture was on bronco nation today - top view of the rail attachment with one attachment point.

1608514047934.png

vs earlier pictures that appears to have two points for attachment in the middle. Maybe the insert pops out and the two bronco bolts are under.

1608514108097.png
I'm hoping these are still pre-production ones as the ends don't have any mounting points. They seem like they would rattle with stuff attached on them especially towards the ends. This is the OBX I was in at our local dealer before the off road show and this rail is pretty long. I'll have to see what the final one looks like before buying it from Ford or maybe wait and see what aftermarket looks like.

Ford Bronco Dash Accessory / Picatinny rail news? IMG_3423

Last edited:

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks Mizzou, It is annoying how the details kind of dribble out. I guess it is a tactic to keep interest up. On a side note I really enjoyed Norm back in the day.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They must be working on finalizing it. We've seen different lengths, M-Lok ones, and Picatinny ones.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t remember where, but I do recall a Ford rep saying something that implied there was a single anchor point in the center which is tied to the vehicle structure under the dash.

This would allow for mounting many different single items as well as different length rails.

I suspect the BN picture of the dash with the single threaded hole is probably close to exactly what we should expect.

Or who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now it’s just a matter of seeing what the final design for the rail will be.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t remember where, but I do recall a Ford rep saying something that implied there was a single anchor point in the center which is tied to the vehicle structure under the dash.

This would allow for mounting many different single items as well as different length rails.

I suspect the BN picture of the dash with the single threaded hole is probably close to exactly what we should expect.
Ah, interesting. Thanks, I missed that.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They must be working on finalizing it. We've seen different lengths, M-Lok ones, and Picatinny ones.
Hopefully finalizing the remaining 199 accessories as well and hopefully for our consideration during the mandatory build period.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Or who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The one I saw had a slide like clip securing it in the middle. I'm sure they've done their share of testing but the long one was very flimsy at the ends. Seems like you'd get a lot of rattling going on with stuff mounted towards the outside especially when off roading? Will be nice to finally see the final concept along with all the others in the B&P.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks Mizzou, It is annoying how the details kind of dribble out. I guess it is a tactic to keep interest up. On a side note I really enjoyed Norm back in the day.
Damn if that is a 1/4 20 threaded insert im good buy a piece of rail 20.00$ and your good.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, interesting. Thanks, I missed that.
The one I saw had a slide like clip securing it in the middle. I'm sure they've done their share of testing but the long one was very flimsy at the ends. Seems like you'd get a lot of rattling going on with stuff mounted towards the outside especially when off roading? Will be nice to finally see the final concept along with all the others in the B&P.
Yeah. The very early ones were clearly 3D printed prototypes (fake screws and all).

I can’t remember exactly where I heard the reference I mentioned... it was a little off handed while talking about something else but I definitely made a note of it because I was worried about the “single mounting point.”

I was thinking it wouldn’t prevent the rail from loosening and rotating, but if the rail’s feet out at the ends interface with the raised lips on the dash, that would prevent that problem.

Also, I can imagine how having a single threaded point smack in the middle would make it easier to engineer accessory mounts than two off center ones.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Or who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To add to my theory on the High Level Information Panel, all of these have the textured dash. The Picatinny rail mounting point along with the other recessed areas might be tied to the HLIP. Lower trims may not have access to these features if the differing dashboard theory holds true.

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did the Bronco Picatinny Rail go? I no longer see a mention of it nor is it in the catalog that I saw
Sponsored