Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sorry, what is a blend door actuator?
Doors in the vent system that change the air flow of your vents from defrost to blowing on the floor or vents that face you.
Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So the way the screen is attached it appears you could switch the smaller screen out for the bigger one? I'm sure there are some sort of issues and it's not just plug and play. But that would be a nice option if you could do that.
I am sure that trying to upgrade to the ford 12" will not be a plug and play, but there can be a pigtail made that would make it plug and play just not sure if all the features would work without some modifications. Depending on the successfulness of swapping the 8" for the 12" I would also consider getting a new Kenwood receiver with the built-in Garman Map navigation.

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this to say we have after market 12" screen availability?? Base model here I come!

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've been waiting for a video of something like this. Now I know how it comes apart and that the center part has all the airbag stuff mounted on it. This dash assembly is easy, compared to some I've had to remove and re-install.

My interior plans are coming together, unless Ford surprises us with some interior color tweaks. (doubtful)
Yeah, this has possibilities- like if you wanted to paint the dash body color or Wimbledon white.

Also, curious how an in-line amp plugs into that.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I know how to remove the grab handles
Are you scheming to delete them? I've got mind to 3D print a blank plate for that spot. I've never bought/printed with ABS before though.

Sponsored

JoePostman

Badlands
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone made a video yet on how to jailbreak or just play videos on the screen while driving? I'm glad to start seeing videos like this on the forum, but I choose the high option specifically for the 12" screen. But this is good info for removing panels on the dash.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you scheming to delete them? I've got mind to 3D print a blank plate for that spot. I've never bought/printed with ABS before though.
I meant it as a joke, but now that you ask, i do want to explore options. The SEMA build had theirs printed too, would be great to see what everyone comes up with.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alsooo, on a real note, now i know i can fill in that empty hero switch area instead of having a blank spot for coins

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's the good ish there. Still didn't make it to a bare firewall though.

Knowing Ford, in about 5-10 years we'll need to get familiar with finding and fixing blend door actuators.
ARRRGH NOOOO!

Fun fact I switched back to manual lockers on my 2000 F250 because the vacuum lines were deteriorating and you might get 3 wheel drive when using the dial on the dash. Also when switching to 4wd using the dial in the summer would cause the blend door to get stuck on defrost and blast hot air in your face.
Sponsored