Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks,

I'm having some issues, and I know many of you have installed dash cams already.

I've wired everything but seem to be stuck concealing the wires along the top of the windshield, as well as down the A pillar. I also don't want to snap or break anything, hence asking for help haha.

I don't need ideas on other paths to take; I'm already committed to this one lol. I just need help on how to remove the A pillar trim, as well as if I need to remove the headliner slightly, how I do that. In the past, I could just tuck the wire up there very easily; not the same on the Bronco it seems.

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Dash Cam Wiring - help needed 1FF8816F-A481-4880-9C3E-A6B5BAB459FB_1_201_a

Ford Bronco Dash Cam Wiring - help needed C297C8FB-C6B4-4E19-97BB-18ACE002CF4C_1_201_a
Sponsored

Last edited:

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About to go down this path myself. Watching this thread.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About to go down this path myself. Watching this thread.
I'm so frustrated right now... Gotten to this point; hoping it's easy to go the right of the way lol

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey folks,

I'm having some issues, and I know many of you have installed dash cams already.

I've wired everything but seem to be stuck canceling the wires along the top of the windshield, as well as down the A pillar. I also don't want to snap or break anything, hence asking for help haha.

I don't need ideas on other paths to take; I'm already committed to this one lol. I just need help on how to remove the A pillar trim, as well as if I need to remove the headliner slightly, how I do that. In the past, I could just tuck the wire up there very easily; not the same on the Bronco it seems.

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Dash Cam Wiring - help needed C297C8FB-C6B4-4E19-97BB-18ACE002CF4C_1_201_a

I didn't remove either. I just used a piece of thick plastic and shoved the wiring into both.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't remove either. I just used a piece of thick plastic and shoved the wiring into both.
I have trim removal tools. It just seems really tight vs. other vehicles I've done this with. Thought popping them off might be easier.

Sponsored

A10Warthog

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra Terminator,Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey folks,

I've wired everything but seem to be stuck concealing the wires along the top of the windshield, as well as down the A pillar. I also don't want to snap or break anything, hence asking for help haha.

Thanf you've auto dim mirror
Hey folks,

Thanks!

Not sure if this will help but check out the adapter he's using.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if this will help but check out the adapter he's using.
Oh man, that looks awesome! Sadly I’m using a Blackview camera and it’s powered by a round connector (which goes to 12V).

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I routed my dashcam this way. Not easy, but I think I popped the air bag cover off and was able to pull it up. I disassembled part of the roll bar before going toward the windshield. Helped to have the top off. My cam is completely concealed to I can tell you it’s possible, it just takes a little finagling.
Ford Bronco Dash Cam Wiring - help needed 1433DB9C-3579-4B76-9F09-090F564A6709

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I routed my dashcam this way. Not easy, but I think I popped the air bag cover off and was able to pull it up. I disassembled part of the roll bar before going toward the windshield. Helped to have the top off. My cam is completely concealed to I can tell you it’s possible, it just takes a little finagling.
Ford Bronco Dash Cam Wiring - help needed 1433DB9C-3579-4B76-9F09-090F564A6709
How did you tuck it along the top of the windshield? Did you have to pull down the headliner at all?

Thanks.

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you tuck it along the top of the windshield? Did you have to pull down the headliner at all?

Thanks.
soft top so no… I hid it under the plastic trim at the windshield. Tucked pretty easily between the trim and windshield with a small trim removal tool.

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it’s a dash cam, are you using the wire above the visor for power?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can use a trim tool to just push the wire up between the windshield and the trim and it'll slip under just fine. It's a little tight but it works. I only had to remove the mid section of the door trim by the grab handle.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

soft top so no… I hid it under the plastic trim at the windshield. Tucked pretty easily between the trim and windshield with a small trim removal tool.
I have a soft top too. How did you pop that off? Do you need the A pillar popped off first?

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it’s a dash cam, are you using the wire above the visor for power?
Not going to hardwire it. I’m using the 12V in the arm rest.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not going to hardwire it. I’m using the 12V in the arm rest.
Oof. Thats just complicating things for no good reason. I highly recommend using fuse taps as your fuse box is right below the steering wheel. Much easier run. I can give you fuse numbers for both aux and constant power if needed.
Sponsored