Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Need help...

I have a dongal to connect to the mirror power supply to power the both cameras.

The issue is.... to run the Parking monitor I need full time power supply that does not turn off.

I can run the line to the battery, issue solved. I would rather not.

Question... Does anyone have a schematic and / or an idea how to turn the mirror power to a hot lead? Same question for the uplifted switches.

Thank you in advance....😎
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't think that'll work.

If you want 24/7 monitoring, you'll have to use a fuse tap on a constant + or wire directly from the battery.

I did a full 3 camera install a while back and made a post about it. I ended up just running the constant + along the window, down the driver side a pillar trim to the fuse box under the steering wheel. Pretty quick and easy with a trim tool.

OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you want 24/7 monitoring, you'll have to use a fuse tap on a constant + or wire directly from the battery.

I did a full 3 camera install a while back and made a post about it. I ended up just running the constant + along the window, down the driver side a pillar trim to the fuse box under the steering wheel. Pretty quick and easy with a trim tool.
Thanks, ur correct on needing a hot lead from the battery... I just trying no to run more wires. Going to trace out a wire we use for an uplifted switch, maybe I can make one switch hot for the camera power.

If I can find a schematic/wire diagram... I'd be good, just need some Google time.

Thanks again...👍👍

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, ur correct on needing a hot lead from the battery... I just trying no to run more wires. Going to trace out a wire we use for an uplifted switch, maybe I can make one switch hot for the camera power.

If I can find a schematic/wire diagram... I'd be good, just need some Google time.

Thanks again...👍👍

https://www.bronco6g.com/bronco-service-manuals-wiring-diagrams-owners-manual-download/

I know in previous Ford vehicles, you could turn the last few switches to always on. Not sure about that with the Bronco.

Either way, here are all the wiring diagrams and the service manual. Hopefully the answer is in there and easy to find.

OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Giggygirl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

[/QUO

what camera did you buy? I'm looking for 24/7 monitoring as well

OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, this is the one i picked up. It's one of two that were recommended by others here.

The picture quality looks good even with the rear camera looking through my dark tint rear window. I have fully installed it yet, will this weekend. If you want the 360 parking monitor, you will need to run a hot lead to the battery. If not just power it up and way you like. Not a fan of the app for the phone. Didn't have much luck connecting it to the camera. Once i sort that out and I'm happy with it i will hard install. If not, it will be sent back. Parking monitoring is what's important to me. Hope this helped...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TBNFG6...Angle FOV, WDR, Night Vision,-Visit the 70mai

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did a 2 cameras.

The front is a Blackvue 2 channel 900 series recording in 4K that also records in the cabin with the second channel.

The back camera is a Blackvue 700 series recording in 1080p.

I did Blackvue because it's cloud enabled so I can get alerts and see video anywhere.

Search for 'tesla sentry mode' and my write up should show up.
Sponsored