_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don’t attach to anything. There’s just little feet that support the weight. I imagine the lips on the dash also help to prevent the rail from rotating around the center attachment point.

The rail in this thread is the 4wp part. Previously we had seen two different length prototypes. One like this, and one that comes to the ridge halfway out. Same little foot design.
Won't the ends bounce?

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ACC rail has a slight 'bow' in it that provides down pressure against the dash, this along with the rubber feet hold the ends down. As for the USB ports I have drilled and mounted them in all of my vehicles, and sure this will be no different. As for the HomeLink garage door opener I will mount one in the top side of the visor, powered from the vanity light power, which is ing switched.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll be carefully hole sawing a couple 2.4A USBs in there soon enough!

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks like I'm buying a universal marine usb socket and a dremel.

F the micro USB port, gimmie at least two of them big boys!
Where are you seeing micro USB port? That's a USB-C and USB port in the higher trim dash.

EDIT: I see others have replied with this info already, not trying to kick a dead horse.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Agreed, if the power ports are the only reason someone wants Lux, not worth the price when it can be done aftermarket for pretty cheap. I had planned on buying my own power ports and adding them, was just concerned about DIY because I want it to look nice and have never drilled into my dash before. I might still give it a go, working careful and precise, I should still be able to get it to look nice without going to a professional.
You don't need aftermarket parts. You can get OEM Ford parts which will be OEM grade and not crap out on you in 2 years, and OEM trim which will match the rest of materials.

I won't bother to find the Ranger5g post for you, it's an easy search should you want to go down the rout you're indicating you want to go down. You won't be re-inventing the wheel here.

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where are you seeing micro USB port? That's a USB-C and USB port in the higher trim dash.
Correct. No micro USBs. Only Type-A and Type-C USB ports. Hard to keep track of what they are all called.

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You don't need aftermarket parts. You can get OEM Ford parts which will be OEM grade and not crap out on you in 2 years, and OEM trim which will match the rest of materials.

I won't bother to find the Ranger5g post for you, it's an easy search should you want to go down the rout you're indicating you want to go down. You won't be re-inventing the wheel here.
I believe this is what you were talking about, found on the Ranger5G site. Thanks for the tip!
https://www.onlinefordpartscatalog....uZ2VyJnk9MjAyMCZ0PWxhcmlhdCZlPTItM2wtbDQtZ2Fz

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder how easy it will be to remove that piece. The plastic trim panel that is under discussion.

If it can be popped off without more dash removal, then wires should be easy to find and something like this could be installed.

https://www.amazon.com/Marine-Grade...ocphy=9001783&hvtargid=pla-403789237887&psc=1
If it's similar to the tray on the Ranger it just pops right off. Here's the link to one of the posts on the Ranger forum seeing as someone didn't want to spend 2 minutes getting it for you.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/dash-tray-removal.3178/

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have the rail, it would be super easy to conceal a USB cord so it isn't visible, let alone dangling. Bring it under the dash and into the A pillar and attach to the under side of the rail.....

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like I'm buying a universal marine usb socket and a dremel.

F the micro USB port, gimmie at least two of them big boys!
I just got a new MacBook. The old school big boy USB slot seems to be on the way out, in favor of the smaller USB-C, which is the same dimensions as a Thunderbolt plug. A Thunderbolt device works in a USB-C, but not vice-versa. Or at least that's my understanding.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s dependent on the grade and temper... think 6061-T6... but aluminum is actually quite rigid. Any decently designed rail shouldn’t have a whole lot of bounce to it.

Only speaking from a fabricator/welder background though... not an engineer even if I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express multiple times.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's similar to the tray on the Ranger it just pops right off. Here's the link to one of the posts on the Ranger forum seeing as someone didn't want to spend 2 minutes getting it for you.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/dash-tray-removal.3178/
Thank you! I did see that reply.

It seemed like it would come off separately but now it's looking real promisimg.

Edit: comparing those pics... I do not see any seams where the tray in the bronco could come out separately like the ranger. But on the Bronco it looks like the front-most piece, which includes the tray, is still separate from the rest of the dash upper, so it's still removable.

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can buy USB-C to Lightning cables on Amazon. You can pretty much go USB-C to about anything. As mentioned, everything has pretty much gone that direction so there are plenty of options available.

Ford Bronco Dashboard USB Ports on Non-Lux Bronco USB C Lightnin
Sponsored