Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I searched High and Low and I still cant find the post where the guy drilled a hole behind his hero switches in the dash. I have been trying to find the cleanest way to plug in a USB cable and have it come up behind where I'm going to place my Phone holder.

https://www.tackform.com/products/dash-phone-mount-for-2021-ford-bronco?_pos=1&_sid=54f355727&_ss=r

I've been looking at these.
https://www.amazon.com/BATIGE-Water...03df27&pd_rd_wg=HpsKg&pd_rd_i=B01NCA9XEI&th=1

But would like to have it plugged in where the cable is completely counseled.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It would be great if we could get the Ford part number for the factory dash power port, and order it as a service part.
I'm looking at doing this but some of these parts aren't available yet.

You'd have to change the entire defrost vent panel (#8 - $153). Switching to that vent panel also requires buying the center speaker grille (# 11 - not available) and B&O Right (#9 - $30) /Left (#10 - $28) Speaker grilles. Then also find the USB part number.

Doing it the factory way may not be too feasible at this time. The drawing lists #12 as "Connector Assembly - Mobile Phone". I already ordered that but its not the USB port only the rubber dust cap.

Ford Bronco Dashboard USB Ports on Non-Lux Bronco Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 8.59.25 AM

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm looking at doing this but some of these parts aren't available yet.

You'd have to change the entire defrost vent panel (#8 - $153). Switching to that vent panel also requires buying the center speaker grille (# 11 - not available) and B&O Right (#9 - $30) /Left (#10 - $28) Speaker grilles. Then also find the USB part number.

Doing it the factory way may not be too feasible at this time. The drawing lists #12 as "Connector Assembly - Mobile Phone". I already ordered that but its not the USB port only the rubber dust cap.

Ford Bronco Dashboard USB Ports on Non-Lux Bronco Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 8.59.25 AM
Thanks for the diagram! If the power port is indeed a separate part, I'm happy to install it and the dust cap on the original non-lux dash components. Would it be called out on an electrical diagram?

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the diagram! If the power port is indeed a separate part, I'm happy to install it and the dust cap on the original non-lux dash components. Would it be called out on an electrical diagram?

I'm not sure. I don't have access to the full parts sheets. Might have to come from a dealer but the port likely locks or clips into the defrost grille piece. Unsure if the port, by itself, would be able to be fastened without the OE molded portion of the grille it mounts into. Also, the ambient light sensor is offset to the right on Lux. So, you'd have to find another suitable spot to install on non-lux. It doesn't look like there is enough room to put in the same spot on non-lux.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

from an electrical point of view, could you get a usb hub and run multiple usb ports throughout the dash (including wireless pad) and power it off the battery or something?

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not pick up an OBD port adapter and run a wire up around the a pillar and front of dash? There’s plenty of gap. That’s how I power my radar detector.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why not pick up an OBD port adapter and run a wire up around the a pillar and front of dash? There’s plenty of gap. That’s how I power my radar detector.
Nothing wrong with doing it that way either! I'd just prefer a cleaner install/look and wouldn't want to keep the OBD port tied up.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

from an electrical point of view, could you get a usb hub and run multiple usb ports throughout the dash (including wireless pad) and power it off the battery or something?

You could install power sources such as these with power from your battery since they will accept a 12v source. You'd want to run a fuse on it for sure but then you could mount it out of sight and run your cables wherever you wanted to install ports.
Ford Bronco Dashboard USB Ports on Non-Lux Bronco Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 10.49.39 AM

Last edited:

Sponsored

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I searched High and Low and I still cant find the post where the guy drilled a hole behind his hero switches in the dash. I have been trying to find the cleanest way to plug in a USB cable and have it come up behind where I'm going to place my Phone holder.

https://www.tackform.com/products/dash-phone-mount-for-2021-ford-bronco?_pos=1&_sid=54f355727&_ss=r

I've been looking at these.
https://www.amazon.com/BATIGE-Water...03df27&pd_rd_wg=HpsKg&pd_rd_i=B01NCA9XEI&th=1

But would like to have it plugged in where the cable is completely counseled.
This post?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ails-starting-today.25955/page-36#post-916180

ddivinia

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Will those USB port on the dash work for Apple CarPlay?

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will those USB port on the dash work for Apple CarPlay?
Nope, the dash factory USB are power only. If you add your own USB you could maybe make it a data port if you extended directly from the USB below the screen. If you tap into power anywhere else, such as the glovebox and linked to an aux switch it would not have data either

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone installed an aftermarket USB A or C (or combo) port on a non-Lux dash behind the BYOD mount, yet? I know it's doable, but want to minimize the size of the hole and understand if there's an easy way to get the wires routed from below the dash to the fuse panel.

I've removed my glove box and can see a path that "might" get to the bottom of the top/center of the dash, but it will take some fishing to get wires run. And I don't think it would be easy to install one of those socket w/ screw down nut on the underside ports. I'm leaning toward one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Charger-DAMA...b6a0b3&pd_rd_wg=fN5iw&pd_rd_i=B091CWJ8DT&th=1
Sponsored

Last edited: