Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the love of all things electronic, will someone please check out the dash board on a lower trim level or build that does not offer Lux Package. I really want to find out if a Black Diamond dash board still has the hole on the top where the Dual Smart Charging USB Ports would be on higher trim levels that allow for Lux Package. Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to install my own USB ports on the dash to plug in phone/gopro/gps/whatever without wires hanging down, but probably wont do it if I have to drill a hole into the dash myself. Really hoping that the hole is still there on lower trims but just has a cover over it or something. Seems like it would be easier for mass production if they just put the hole there on all of them (similar to the discussions about drain plugs under the carpeting).

I'm pretty confident in saying that I've seen most (if not all) of the pictures and videos of Broncos posted to this site and have never been able to find a picture of the top middle part of the dash unless it is a Lux Package build with the power already installed.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s this:

Ford Bronco Dashboard USB Ports on Non-Lux Bronco 1617810032436

Not sure if this is production.

Compared to:

Ford Bronco Dashboard USB Ports on Non-Lux Bronco 1617810112589

Looks like it’s a completely different whole dash. Which seems crazy. You’d think they would just sway out that center speaker and power portion... which makes me wonder if my first image isn’t final design.

Graybs

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's a pic I took of the dash of a Black Diamond from a recent dealer event in San Diego. It looks like it has a completely different panel where the power port would normally go.
Ford Bronco Dashboard USB Ports on Non-Lux Bronco IMG_2873

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the love of all things electronic, will someone please check out the dash board on a lower trim level or build that does not offer Lux Package. I really want to find out if a Black Diamond dash board still has the hole on the top where the Dual Smart Charging USB Ports would be on higher trim levels that allow for Lux Package. Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to install my own USB ports on the dash to plug in phone/gopro/gps/whatever without wires hanging down, but probably wont do it if I have to drill a hole into the dash myself. Really hoping that the hole is still there on lower trims but just has a cover over it or something. Seems like it would be easier for mass production if they just put the hole there on all of them (similar to the discussions about drain plugs under the carpeting).

I'm pretty confident in saying that I've seen most (if not all) of the pictures and videos of Broncos posted to this site and have never been able to find a picture of the top middle part of the dash unless it is a Lux Package build with the power already installed.
Here is a pic from a Big Bend:
PXL_20210406_211301408.jpg

Compare to Outer Banks with lux:
PXL_20210406_211717121.MP.jpg

It's a completely different top dash. The Ford reps at the event did state that these were preproduction models, but I wouldn't anticipate a large change at this point.

Last edited:

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Even if you could just fit one USB in that nub thing it would be great, any idea what that is? Looks like a filler plug not knowing anything specific about it.

Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even if you could just fit one USB in that nub thing it would be great, any idea what that is? Looks like a filler plug not knowing anything specific about it.
The nub thing is most likely light sensor.

Qman68

Outer Banks
First Name
Q
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang V6 prem, 98 Jeep Cherokee LTD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If like other Ford's, the 'nub' is the light sensor for headlights.

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the pics guys! I've been looking all over and even asked the same question in a few other threads with no luck.

I think ya'll are on to something, looks like a totally different dash in the lower trims. That is unfortunate. I was really hoping that it was the same dash but instead of a speaker and power ports, it was just an indented storage spot with a covered hole at the bottom.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At least the hole to screw down the BYO device rail is still there, was a little worried that would be gone too for lower trims

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess a power bank sitting in the indent will work too if I really want some power up there on longer trails. Would have loved to have power ports up there but I don't particularly want to drill into the dash and I'm sure there are no wires under there that would be easily accessible. I was also kind of hoping that if the hole is there, wires would be sitting right below the cover just waiting to be used.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would be great if someone made an aftermarket filler panel for that tray that included a few USB outlets... imagine you'd still need to drill a hole though.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Believe it is Lux package only.
Sponsored