William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I searched and really never found anything here. If I missed it please enlighten me! Now that I finally have a build date I am considering a camera for when I do go out on trails. I currently have a PIXPRO, because I liked the 360 degree option. Trust me though, it is a pain in the ass to work with.

I do not feel like I need a Go Pro level since I am not really an extreme sports guy :) I am looking for one I can plug into the USB port on the dash so I don't have to worry about charging it and it would able to fit either on a rail or screw into the mounting point on the dash. Thank you for your input.
Sponsored

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Id go with a GoPro Hero 3-4...youll be happy. They have many many differnt mounts, easy to use and extremely high resolution...get a used one on Ebay for under $150 with lots o acc.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I searched and really never found anything here. If I missed it please enlighten me! Now that I finally have a build date I am considering a camera for when I do go out on trails. I currently have a PIXPRO, because I liked the 360 degree option. Trust me though, it is a pain in the ass to work with.

I do not feel like I need a Go Pro level since I am not really an extreme sports guy :) I am looking for one I can plug into the USB port on the dash so I don't have to worry about charging it and it would able to fit either on a rail or screw into the mounting point on the dash. Thank you for your input.
I have an Akaso Brave 7. Is the best camera on a budget. Look it up and it is the best. Only thing separating it from a GoPro is it doesn't have as good of stabilizing system, but it's sufficient enough. If you get the combo kit you get a whole lot of accessories.

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Edit: I now realize you probably asking for recording trail riding. GoPro would be my bet for that.

Checkout this video from LTT if you have not already seen it.

Basically, all dash cams use the same processors and camera -+ a few options and then the specific software.

I have a Rexing in my truck, it works, seems reliable. Kinda a pain to transfer videos to my phone.

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also just bought an Akaso but went with the Brave 4 Pro. $85 with two batteries and as noted lots of accessories including a remote.

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with the Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2, liked the price and size. Didn't need anything fancy, just enough for what I need. I also got the Dongar dongle that allowed me to use the rearview mirror power to power it, clean minimalist installation.

OP
OP
Southern62

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, I went with the AKASA EK7000 Pro. Cheap enough that I wont get too upset if it doesnt work out. Brave was for extreme sports, similar prices, so I went for the its going to be mounted and not moved nor go under water, if it goes under water, I have bigger problems!

XPerties

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I havn't put it in my wife's bronco, just picked it up last week. Ive had it in my F150 and I have it hard wired with a tap a fuse option. Parking mode is great and when i need a file I just connect directly to it and download the file.

I'm going to put it in wife's bronco in a couple of weeks but I would probally tap into the fuse the same way I did in my truck but for the rear camera I haven't figured out where to mount that yet. I know you can grab this https://www.4dtech.com/12v-pnp-power-accessory-harness/

and get power off the rear mirror which is also a simple way.

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2, liked the price and size. Didn't need anything fancy, just enough for what I need. I also got the Dongar dongle that allowed me to use the rearview mirror power to power it, clean minimalist installation.
You have high or lux? No bronco yet but i need power for a dash cam

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have an identical setup and it works great, and almost hassle free. I didn't want anything fancy or complicated to use.

You have high or lux? No bronco yet but i need power for a dash cam
Mine is a Black Diamond with Mid, and it has the necessary wiring for the Dongar plug. Simple, clean instsllation...

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got one off Amazon that I really like! Was gonna link it here but the link is dead.

i didn’t want a dashcam with a screen because the Bronco has enough already lol. Also didn’t want a huge one fixed to my windshield and blocking my view. Found a screen less one that fits right in front of the AUX switches. You can’t even tell it’s there! You interface with it through your phone.

Used the mirror tap from StickerFab to plug right into the OEM Mirror harness for power. No wires visible either. Super clean hassle free setup

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got one off Amazon that I really like! Was gonna link it here but the link is dead.

i didn’t want a dashcam with a screen because the Bronco has enough already lol. Also didn’t want a huge one fixed to my windshield and blocking my view. Found a screen less one that fits right in front of the AUX switches. You can’t even tell it’s there! You interface with it through your phone.

Used the mirror tap from StickerFab to plug right into the OEM Mirror harness for power. No wires visible either. Super clean hassle free setup
Could you snap done pics of this? Sounds great!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could you snap done pics of this? Sounds great!
Here you go. My apologies for the horrible lighting in my garage. As you can see I installed it a tad bit crooked. I meant to go back and fix it but it’s so hard to notice it I forget it’s even there! Also the vid come out really good so the slight angle being off doesn’t make too much of a difference.

cant see it all from the driver’s seat. IIRC it was about $60

75B67B06-9879-42D4-A0AE-A80973B0A78F.jpeg

078077E3-5D07-496C-AB1C-B0A48A063562.jpeg

3598F9B2-CA96-475D-BA7A-7E8EAD6E952F.jpeg
Sponsored