Sponsored

Day 2 reservation- Thinking of holding out for a 2022- Questions...

Nw_adventure

Big Bend
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So with all the additions and unknowns of the 2021 and such we are thinking of just letting the 3/19 conversion cut off go by and sit a while, see how B/P 2.0 rolls out and get things sorted out regarding all the mysterious late availability items by getting a 2022. Which also comes with more goodies to add and maybe some trims getting items that they are not offering currently. So what's the best way to go about this ? I am hearing our time date stamp would rollover for the next order banks when they open for 2022's, but I am unsure. Besides a price increase any other disadvantages to waiting besides probably not getting the rig till next year ?

Thanks -
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You listed the only negatives really...I would just go ahead and assume a price increase on all trims and if they ce back the same be pleasantly surprised. You will also be waiting at least a year from now. There is zero possibility of the 2022 coming this year. We are opting for a 21MY because of a need for the vehicle because I need to pass off one of mine to my daughter but I feel like the good will outweigh the bads in terms of holding out for 22MY.

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

Big Bend
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You listed the only negatives really...I would just go ahead and assume a price increase on all trims and if they ce back the same be pleasantly surprised. You will also be waiting at least a year from now. There is zero possibility of the 2022 coming this year. We are opting for a 21MY because of a need for the vehicle because I need to pass off one of mine to my daughter but I feel like the good will outweigh the bads in terms of holding out for 22MY.
Having more options available on the 22 doesnt sound negative to me and also seeing /driving a production unit prior to ordering would be a huge plus- might be another year of slumming it in the highlander not sure.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having more options available on the 22 doesnt sound negative to me and also seeing /driving a production unit prior to ordering would be a huge plus- might be another year of slumming it in the highlander not sure.
Sounds like you want to wait so not to miss new features. Nothing wrong with that. Definitely don't order a vehicle you have doubts about.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a day two reservation and plan to let it ride until '22. My existing number will put me in a superior ordering position according to my dealer. Sure there will be a wait but my hypothetical '21 build had lots of late availability or items that were going to be constrained due to popularity, so it would have been late anyway. This way I can see and possibly ride or drive one before buying. Additionally by that time there will be numerous reviews of the Bronco. It affords me the opportunity to get better interior/exterior colors, options and accessories as well as possible Special Editions, warthog or hybrid choices. Finally if there are some bugs with the '21, hopefully they will be addressed by the time the '22s roll out. I will be waiting longer but I will not be "settling" on an expensive buy.

Sponsored

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a Sept 1st date so I probably won’t get mine until 2022 anyway. Want the modular top as well so no doubt that will push me into 2022.

My question is if we place order now and have our build pushed into 2022 will we have the option to add or change into 2022 options?

Seems it may be better for me to place the order?

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

Big Bend
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a day two reservation and plan to let it ride until '22. My existing number will put me in a superior ordering position according to my dealer. Sure there will be a wait but my hypothetical '21 build had lots of late availability or items that were going to be constrained due to popularity, so it would have been late anyway. This way I can see and possibly ride or drive one before buying. Additionally by that time there will be numerous reviews of the Bronco. It affords me the opportunity to get better interior/exterior colors, options and accessories as well as possible Special Editions, warthog or hybrid choices. Finally if there are some bugs with the '21, hopefully they will be addressed by the time the '22s roll out. I will be waiting longer but I will not be "settling" on an expensive buy.
Exactly. Feel the same way.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having more options available on the 22 doesnt sound negative to me
Don't count on there being more options.

There could be more, could be the same, could be less. The only guarantee, at this point, is that there will be different options.

What you actually like from MY21 may not be an option for MY22.

It's not likely, but could you imagine that you were waiting for more options on your Big Bend build, and there isn't even a Big Bend available for MY22?! Not trying to fearmonger here....just want to make sure your expectations for MY22 aren't too high.

I'm still on the fence about proceeding with MY21 myself or moving to MY22. Or not proceeding at all.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought about doing this with my 2nd day, but decided to put the order in the system because Ford likes to change their minds a lot. Personally I would put it in as a priority 99 which is dont schedule. Being in the system has to be an advantage over waiting if you ask me. Yeah timestamp carries, but I think an order in their system will have value.

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

Big Bend
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought about doing this with my 2nd day, but decided to put the order in the system because Ford likes to change their minds a lot. Personally I would put it in as a priority 99 which is dont schedule. Being in the system has to be an advantage over waiting if you ask me. Yeah timestamp carries, but I think an order in their system will have value.
So if you do this when is the go/no-go build/cancel/late availability lottery end date ? lol

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Maybe best to wait until 23 or 24. Maybe different options, colors and prices! If you don’t like what you see in a 21, I’m afraid you will be disappointed in a 22. Generally there are not mass changes every year. If you are waiting to eliminate some of the first year bugs, that’s one thing, but there will be bugs in the second year too.

I disliked the Wrangler interior in 2007/2008. Didn’t get fixed until 2011. However, I like the 2012 -2017 better than the current versions.

The moral of the story is if you like it now, buy it. If you don’t, wait, but it could be a long wait or you could be completely out of luck.

Vaquero61

Black Diamond
First Name
Irv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,F150,Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want a Mansasquatch which means MY22, but I'm in the system anyways now as Priority 19? A lot could change in Ford by then and probably have a shiftless all Electric MY22 Bronco that weighs 6000 lbs?

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

Big Bend
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe best to wait until 23 or 24. Maybe different options, colors and prices! If you don’t like what you see in a 21, I’m afraid you will be disappointed in a 22. Generally there are not mass changes every year. If you are waiting to eliminate some of the first year bugs, that’s one thing, but there will be bugs in the second year too.

I disliked the Wrangler interior in 2007/2008. Didn’t get fixed until 2011. However, I like the 2012 -2017 better than the current versions.

The moral of the story is if you like it now, buy it. If you don’t, wait, but it could be a long wait or you could be completely out of luck.
I think at the end of the day we want to touch/taste/feel an actual production unit - Hearing early summer on those dealer loaners...
Sponsored