Sponsored

Day 6: MY22 Allocation Formula – What action can we take?

GPW

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks, Dave. I got my thoughts together and put them on actual paper! Old school, but they need to hear from their (potential) customers on every medium.

We need to hold them accountable for hanging reservation holders out to dry.
Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why not just have every reservation holder that feels they are victim of unfair practices submit a letter to their Attorney General? Make the outline of the letter where all someone has to do is copy/paste into a word document. Put in their own name and address and there you go.

Economy of force right? Then if you still want to try to take it to litigation, you can ask for all those letters sent as part of your unfair practices motion.

I am not a lawyer or anything, but if AGs are receiving inquiries from all over their respective States, crossing the majority of States, that would have to be addressed, would it not?

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ford really botched the reservations - they should have allocated the orders to each dealer per their formula and let people pick a dealer that has allocation left during the reservation process.

OP
OP
DaveH

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can also sent emails to [email protected]

I'm guessing the CS stands for customer service.

I'm sure there are other people to whom we can write. But this is where I am starting.

OP
OP
DaveH

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can also sent emails to [email protected]

I'm guessing the CS stands for customer service.

I'm sure there are other people to whom we can write. But this is where I am starting.
Thanks. I added that to my original post.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford really botched the reservations - they should have allocated the orders to each dealer per their formula and let people pick a dealer that has allocation left during the reservation process.

Or the dealership could have told you this.

Hey, go for it. I'm all for getting my Bronco sooner rather then later.

OP
OP
DaveH

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Time for some tough love. The number of people going after Ford on social media appears to be relatively small compared to the number of people complaining on this forum. Sure, Levin himself can't change the policy by himself, but if Levin and Farley are getting 10,000 tweets a day vs a few dozen, the message is much stronger. Hopefully, those of you not pushing this issue on social media are voicing your opinion via less visible forms, but if all you are doing is posting to this forum (or just reading this forum), your impact is minimal.

Ultimately, this impacts anyone who might ever try to buy a vehicle in short supply. With the current supply chain issues, this issue determines who has a few F-150s on their lot and who has none. It determines who gets a large selection of Mach 1's to sell with ADM and who gets only a few they will sell for MSRP. If you would prefer to choose a dealer based on an archaic allocation formula, stay silent, but if you would rather choose a dealer based on factors like trust, product knowledge, and yes, price, then make your voice heard.

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yesterday I read here a post indicating also to contact large investors in Ford. At the end they don't want negative press about their investment, right ?

Sponsored

shah

Badlands
First Name
Shah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 STi Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Talking points when calling Ford customer service

First off, I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV, but there are some people smarter than me that feel we may have some legal standing. We should make sure Ford is aware that folks are considering this option. Here is my highly plagiarized rendition of what those smart people said.

Consider calling Ford's customer service department and explain to them that when you received your reservation the promise was that Ford would build reservations for Broncos before dealer stock. Here is the original Ford FAQ stating just that:

Bronco Reservation FAQs July 2020.jpg

Tell Ford that you believe you have a case based upon the recent allocation update that Ford has violated the promise of detrimental reliance, Potentially a statute of fraud, and potentially the universal commercial code.

Then say, that you'd like to pursue an amicable resolution before moving towards contacting your attorney general and avoid any potential litigation.

All this should be done avoiding profanity and in a collected, constructive manner. (This may be the most difficult part. :LOL:)

Ford goofed and if enough pressure is put on them in the proper manner, they will realize the potential exposure they have and rectify the situation.
What am I even reading here. Please do not follow this, it reads like /r/legaladvice, that is to say, it's terrible (and unproductive) advice. Ford sucks, but there's no UCC, statute of frauds or promissory estoppel (I think thats what you wanted) issue to raise.

OP
OP
DaveH

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What am I even reading here. Please do not follow this, it reads like /r/legaladvice, that is to say, it's terrible (and unproductive) advice. Ford sucks, but there's no UCC, statute of frauds or promissory estoppel (I think thats what you wanted) issue to raise.
I'm trying to summarize the information I can find into a single place and am certainly open to better advice. I have made a few updates to my original post as seemed appropriate. If you can offer something better, feel free to do so.

OP
OP
DaveH

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yesterday I read here a post indicating also to contact large investors in Ford. At the end they don't want negative press about their investment, right ?
Seems like a possibility if someone can dig up who the investors are and how to contact them. I would think the angle would be to convince them of the negative impact this could have on the value of their investment, and they would need to feel that contacting Ford would be the best route vs transferring their investment in Ford to somewhere else.

OP
OP
DaveH

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just checking youtube. Bronco Nation live at 4p:
"Join us as we speak with members of the Ford Bronco team about the 2022 Bronco, ordering, scheduling, new options, and a Q&A! "

I'll probably feel worse afterward and we probably won't get satisfactory answers, but let's all jump on and ask about the '22 allocation formula. Yet another avenue to voice our displeasure.
Sponsored