Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went into my dealership yesterday for a test drive. Their demo is a Sasquatched BD with the 2.3L, auto, mid package. I’ve got a 4DR OB non-sas, 2.3L, high package on order with them.
While on the test drive I mentioned seeing other dealers loaning out their demo for a day, etc. Surprisingly the sales person asked if I’d like to keep it until the next day, so obviously I responded yes.

Engine: The 2.3L is no slouch. Even with the 4 doors and Sasquatch, I felt it had plenty of pep. I had no problem getting up to speed anywhere. Sport mode added some nice throttle response, also.

Interior, etc: I’m 5’10 so had plenty of headroom. I have broad shoulders but had no problem with the pillars, and it felt roomy in general. The 8” screen was large enough, but I’m glad I’m getting the 12” due to it tying into the dash better.
Visibility seemed good to me, but I’m also coming from a civic coupe.

The dash material was pretty stiff and felt slightly cheap. But, certainly not something that is a deal breaker for me. The MGV seats were pretty comfortable.

The audio could be better, but I didn’t find it to be quite as bad as others have made it out to be. Perhaps I don’t have the ear to discern the lower quality.

The soft top is okay, I’ve got the MIC ordered for mine. There’s some slight creaking in the back going over bumps. I did enjoy being able to fold the soft top back easily, though.

Overall, I had an awesome time with the Bronco and was sad when I had to hand the keys back over. My time with it definitely confirmed my excitement for it and is going to make the wait that much harder.

I grabbed some Chick-fil-A in it and had the person taking my order comment he didn’t know they were available already. Then the person at the window asked me if it was the latest Jeep 😂. I told him no, it’s the Ford Bronco. His response was, “oh like the mustang!” I just said sure, haha.
It definitely turns heads and I had a few Jeeps drive up around me to look at it.
Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So this test driving for an extended period confuses me. I was always told to never test drive without the salesman, bc if something happens (accident) you're responsible. If the sales guy is in the car, the dealership is responsible.

Did you discuss insurance before taking it?

OP
OP
Panmort

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So this test driving for an extended period confuses me. I was always told to never test drive without the salesman, bc if something happens (accident) you're responsible. If the sales guy is in the car, the dealership is responsible.

They made a copy of my license and insurance card, and asked if I had full coverage.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Panmort

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That blue looks awesome. If they ever come out with a 2 door Bronco, I'd buy one.
😂 It might have been one of the most meh colors to me before, but in person it’s pretty dang good.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the feedback. In the last few days I’ve completely been rethinking my build and and thinking of going up to BL for the high package, and been debating 2.3 vs 2.7. If the 2.3 auto is doing great in a 4 door sas BD, it should be fine in a BL.

To frame your perspective, what other vehicles do you normally drive? I have a feeling a lot of people dissing the 2.3 are used to luxury sedans with high performance 6 cylinders or full size V8 SUVs and trucks. I’m coming from a midsize truck with 181hp, so a bump up to 300 will probably feel like a lot.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had such a hard time picking the engine for my Bronco, and finally settled on the 2.7L just because that's what I wanted. There was no valid reasoning in that decision. However, from the reports on the 2.3L from you and others that have driven the sassed out versions with the little 4 banger there seems to be no bad choice in the 2 engines offered.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So frustrating, that VB 4 door looks awesome. Can't wait to get mine. I have a 2dr 2.7 SAS BD VB ordered and because I have no update I bought a 4 DR Iconic Silver soft top with MT non SAS. It is building next week. I got it at MSRP and it was a cancellation, but can't say anymore than that because my dealer said we had to keep it on the down low which I am fine with and totally understand. I honestly was torn between the 2 door and 4 door and my wife could not stand me anymore being pissed about my build date so we agreed I'd buy it to hold me over and try out the 4door to see how it is. Kind of excited to try out the manual. Once I get the 2 Door I will make a decision on which one to keep. Good news is my wife said if she likes it maybe we'd keep both and she would ditch her Audi A5 I can only hope ;o). Thinking maybe I should 99 the 2 door until they get this top situation resolved??

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree! The 2.3L feels great in the 4-Door, even with Sasquatch.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most places do require proof of insurance. The vehicle is covered under the dealers policy with yours secondary, but depending on type of damage or fault, your insurance could end up paying for some or everything. It's why you pay those premiums. Drive and don't worry about it.

OP
OP
Panmort

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback. In the last few days I’ve completely been rethinking my build and and thinking of going up to BL for the high package, and been debating 2.3 vs 2.7. If the 2.3 auto is doing great in a 4 door sas BD, it should be fine in a BL.

To frame your perspective, what other vehicles do you normally drive? I have a feeling a lot of people dissing the 2.3 are used to luxury sedans with high performance 6 cylinders or full size V8 SUVs and trucks. I’m coming from a midsize truck with 181hp, so a bump up to 300 will probably feel like a lot.
My current daily is a 6 speed civic si, but I’m also used to driving v6/v8s.
Sponsored