Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update 2:
after going back and forth for what seems like a month or two I finally got the dealer to agree to change the axle/cv shaft. Going in this Friday to get it replaced. Here hoping it solves the issue.
8-11-22

Update: dealer called yesterday and said well the front diff didn’t fix the problem ( I then said of course not it needs a half shaft the cv is bad). Well now they have to keep it longer to diagnose farther since between ford engineering and the dealer didn’t get right the first time. So now who knows how long I’ll be without my bronco. 😢
6-18-22
Posting to mark the day and hopefully update along the way if the dealer cooperates in taking pictures and sharing information.
Front differential noise while in 4Wd and turning. ‘21 OBX non Sasquatch no susp

noise noticed at 2600 miles I have not had the pleasure of off roading it yet. It was a mannequin so maybe it didn’t have a gentle life at the dealer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Your using 4WD on concreate and wondering why there is noise? Do the same thing in dirt and see if it still makes it.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4 wdhigh or low is no good on pavement only 4 a can be used on pavement the other is for off-road use only

Last edited:
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your using 4WD on concreate and wondering why there is noise? Do the same thing in dirt and see if it still makes it.
Haha technically it’s asphalt and not Concrete. It does the same everywhere this was just a level place to film and make sure it was loud enough for the service writer to see/hear without tearing up my lawn.
last thing I wanted was a we could not duplicate the condition story.
You can barely see the tire but only turned maybe 10*. I’ve had 4wd for 30 years yes not ideal for dry pavement and after a point you will feel the bind. I noticed it in my yard getting a trailer out of the back trying not to make ruts in wet grass mushy ground. There is no binding at all something is stripped already.
I do not recommend you use your 4wd on dry pavement but at a slight turn normally you would hurt nothing.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've seen other similar posts and my hypothesis is that Ford shipped a few with ring and Pinions that DONT MATCH....the ratios are different front and back....of course this is just speculation, but after seeing all the other mismatched parts like seats trim and tops that don't match...I wouldn't be surprised at all especially when the symptoms your describing could be from exactly this problem....

Years back I drove a bronco ² with 3.45 fronts and 4.56 rear for a few weeks while I was waiting for paycheck to buy the front gears and locker....when I put into 4x4 to see what would happen it lurched, chirped and spun tire while dragging another...

Try to find out as much info as possible. Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve asked to be kept up to date and photos if any damage they find but 🤷‍♂️ Its in the dealers hands now. More disappointed at them but having a loaner but oh well. They site that getting parts is putting everything behind and the jobs taking longer.

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CV. Several of the vehicles at the Texas OR did this, especially on the paved surfaces before the transition to dirt.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have a bad CV joint
I’m actually hoping it’s as simple as that. So maybe a faster fix. I have no boot twisting visible. So it would have to be the splines either at the hub or diff. If the diff side I would want that cleaned out or replaced as the metal fragments would have been getting into every bearing and seal in the diff.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m actually hoping it’s as simple as that. So maybe a faster fix. I have no boot twisting visible. So it would have to be the splines either at the hub or diff. If the diff side I would want that cleaned out or replaced as the metal fragments would have been getting into every bearing and seal in the diff.
You’re misunderstanding, it’s the CV joint itself not the splines of the axle shafts

Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Definitely a CV-Joint

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You’re misunderstanding, it’s the CV joint itself not the splines of the axle shafts
Just got the phone call. They opened a case with ford engineering looks like it is something in the Front differential unit. They believe it needs replaced but have to wait for the go ahead or course of action from ford engineering Dept. He did say you might as well come and drive it until we get confirmation and parts. Hopefully it’s not a blow off and they are actually doing what they said.

Last edited:
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just a quick update dealer says all parts are received and scheduled repair for next week. I’ll keep y’all updated if any issues pop up.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They replaced the front diff (didn’t make a difference) a month or two later the drivers side axle shaft took care of 85% of the noise. Then I could hear the passenger cv making the same noise but quieter. Seems like 6 months of me staying on top of it. Finally the week of October 17th they got the other axle shaft installed. Only to get notice if the front driveshaft recall🤦
Sponsored

Last edited: