Sponsored

De-ionizing water filter for washing your Bronco.

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone installed a special inline filter with their garden hose for washing their cars? Does the filter really reduce water spots? Thanks.
Sponsored

Reactions: Cat

Weasel2021

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm using one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087TK58P8 on my pressure washer. It helps, but doesn't eliminate them. I also have PPF/Ceramic Coating. The biggest difference I've had is washing OUT of the sun so there's more time for the water to sheet off. Leaf blower helps too...

jsteph262

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Getting out of the sun when you're washing will make a much bigger difference than anything. I had a car with ceramic coat and filtered water and no matter what I did, washing it without leaving water spots was near impossible without getting it in the shade.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only spot free filter is a reverse osmosis. But it costs for all that awesomeness.

Cerama coat and power blower is the best option for me time and cost wise.

Jpursuit

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f250 king ranch 4wd, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone installed a special inline filter with their garden hose for washing their cars? Does the filter really reduce water spots? Thanks.
I use an RV water filter on the outside hose bib that I use to wash cars. That and a good quality car wash soap do reduce water spots assuming you have a good coat of wax or other coating on your clearcoat.

Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use one of these, a bit pricey but it gets the job done with way less work drying by hand. In fact, if not in direct sun, I can let the vehicle air dry after soaking with this. I first use regular hose/tap water to wash and rinse the vehicle with soap, brush and a good pressure nozzle, then I use this filter as the FINAL rinse to wash away ALL of the regular tap water . . . and there will be no spots. Leaves behind a perfectly shiny car, windows and all.

Ford Bronco De-ionizing water filter for washing your Bronco. Filter.PNG

CentennialState

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very fast stuff
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can second the recommendation for a CR Spotless system. If you have hard water, they are totally worth it. I have a similar system to @mbagne above, but with two filter canisters rather than one. (We have very hard water on the front range of Colorado.) I don't use it on my Bronco (still waiting... 760 days and counting...), but do use it on other cars and it really works great.

As mentioned above; do all your washing and rinsing and as a final step before drying, use the CR Spotless to rinse off all of your 'normal' (hard) rinse water.

I use a Metrovac Master Blaster to blow dry as well.

At the end of the day, the goal is to get the car clean and spotless, but actually touch the paint as little as possible.
Sponsored

Reactions: Cat