First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The wife and I picked up her Bronco Sport last night and was caught off guard when in with the finance guy. Disclaimer we have not purchased a new vehicle for awhile and forgot about this part.....
I forgot about the dealer add ons they try to sell you, paint protection, wheel protection, etc etc.
I did purchase the extended warranty , gap insurance and undercoating. They gave us a so called break on some of the pricing but I’m having second thoughts about the undercoating. I keep my vehicles for a long time so I hope the extended warranty is worth it.
I will be better prepared when I pick up my Bronco when it gets here. Anybody thought about this stuff yet? Any thoughts on better ways to go besides what dealerships offer?

305FD83F-E44A-4660-A723-A498D37FA206.jpeg
Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats!

I've always found that Gap Insurance is less expensive via my insurance company, or the bank/CU I finance thru. Some CU offer Gap insurance at no additional cost.

Undercoating is one of those products that you have no way of knowing if it was properly applied, or even applied to the critical areas where rust may start. Ford already has a warrantee on Rust-thru so I have never seen the need for added undercoating, especially with the advances in factory coatings.

Then again we don't apply salt to our roads down here.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gap insurance is almost always cheaper from a company you have a relationship with.

www.floodfordesp.com has great deals on extended warranties. With all the electronic stuff on cars I think its worth it.

Dealer applied undercoating i would assume is at best worthless and may make corrosion worse. I would use a product like Fluid Film AFTER the rust-through warranty period.

Ed Morris

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if undercoating has any real benefit or not. I'm guessing it's probably a bit of a scam, but at least it's not as bad as trying to get you to pay $300 for filling the tires with nitrogen instead of plain air, which is what they initially tried on me the last time I bought a new car.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like Kendall of Anchorage? My Explorer was bought new at that location when it was Cals in '97. The new owners sprung for undercoating, 24 years and 140k miles later no rust. I know they had been farming it out to AutoArmor for awhile and they do a fantastic job. I plan on having my Bronco done but I won't run it in the car deal.

Anyway congratulations!

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How much $ was the extended warranty? Trying to get a ballpark for my big bronco

DawgBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Insurance agent in GA here, just my 2 cents but we tell clients to get GAP insurance but to buy it from the manufacturer. GA's method of taxing might be diff but ins company gap covg doesn't cover the tax on the car, typically, whereas manufacturer coverage goes on the entire purchase including the tax. It might be less through us, but its better (especially on a 50k vehicle) through manufacturer. There's also a legitimate thought in this case that the typical immediate depreciation when you drive off the lot will not occur because of supply/demand/uniqueness etc... Its going to get interesting. That first year of wrecks is going to take forever to get parts.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Often times, your car insurance may already have gap coverage.

I would recommend ANYONE buying reach out to their agent.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wife and I picked up her Bronco Sport last night and was caught off guard when in with the finance guy. Disclaimer we have not purchased a new vehicle for awhile and forgot about this part.....
I forgot about the dealer add ons they try to sell you, paint protection, wheel protection, etc etc.
I did purchase the extended warranty , gap insurance and undercoating. They gave us a so called break on some of the pricing but I’m having second thoughts about the undercoating. I keep my vehicles for a long time so I hope the extended warranty is worth it.
I will be better prepared when I pick up my Bronco when it gets here. Anybody thought about this stuff yet? Any thoughts on better ways to go besides what dealerships offer?

Ford Bronco Dealer Add On’s at Pickup? 305FD83F-E44A-4660-A723-A498D37FA206
My apologies if you already know this. Regarding GAP. Will you be upside down on the vehicle when you leave the lot? As in.... will you finance more than the vehicle's ACV?

I am thinking about getting extended warranty but have had bad past experience with the one I had on my M4. How much was it if you dont mind me asking.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you order your Bronco you should be negotiating the add-on's and specifying what you do and do not want added. And then get it in writing. Extended warranty may have to wait until you actually purchase of the Bronco but you can shop warranty and gap coverage before hand so you have competitive options.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been considering an extended warranty but plan to buy one as the factory warranty is expiring. Am I missing something? Is there some benefit to buying it in addition to factory warranty?

OP
OP
scottyb907

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How much $ was the extended warranty? Trying to get a ballpark for my big bronco
$3400, I felt this was a bit high also. That’s what I get for not being prepared I guess. I will do things different with my big Bronco.

OP
OP
scottyb907

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When you order your Bronco you should be negotiating the add-on's and specifying what you do and do not want added. And then get it in writing. Extended warranty may have to wait until you actually purchase of the Bronco but you can shop warranty and gap coverage before hand so you have competitive options.
Question, I heard you can actually shop for Ford extended warranties from other dealer? Have you heard of this?

OP
OP
scottyb907

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like Kendall of Anchorage? My Explorer was bought new at that location when it was Cals in '97. The new owners sprung for undercoating, 24 years and 140k miles later no rust. I know they had been farming it out to AutoArmor for awhile and they do a fantastic job. I plan on having my Bronco done but I won't run it in the car deal.

Anyway congratulations!
You are correct! My friend is the GM there so
I went with them. They sold my wife on the undercoating for sound deadening purposes. I’m probably not going with it for my big Bronco.
Sponsored