PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
For once ego has nothing do with my debate. It increasingly appears like Oct/Nov is best case to receive the Bronco, which may severely inconvenience the family dynamic when my office is set to return to work and we only have one vehicle. Simply wish to avoid buying a gap vehicle for 2-3 months. #firstworldproblems
Each of us have different needs and wants. We all do what's best for our individual circumstances...
Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Adding hard top after the fact will definitely be more costly: the part will likely be $1500-2k or more plus shipping and if you want to get the wiper/defroster working you are talking additional cost for parts, major wiring and replacing switches/stalks. It's not a viable option in my opinion. Stick with the MIC top if it's what you want. Consider a short term rental/lease takeover or really cheap beater car if you will need a vehicle while you wait.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard from a friend of a friend’s 3rd cousin their dealer is advising them to roll with donuts for tires since they ordered Sasquatch and Ford will send them the 35s at a later time....another dealer said maybe you could order your bronco with out windows due to world wide glass shortage....yet another dealer has warned anyone wanting a steering wheel should expect further delays due to a world wide faux leather shortage...

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure Ford is doing the best they can with all the problems that have arisen. My plain BD order has a MIC top (was adding soft top later ) mid and TOW package. I'm retired and have a handicap with a bad left hand. I have a class III hitch on my Tucson but can't remove it myself and put it on the Bronco. I got the hard top for NY snowy winters. Not happy at all ordering a HT later will be expensive and I will lose out on the wiper/washer connections. I'm within my dealer allocations. This sucks I can also lose thousands if the high used car sales drop while I wait.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got an email from my dealer, stating that due to a lack of part availability they are advising folks who have Hard Tops and the Tow packages to consider removing them to increase their probability for a build in May (July expected delivery). My build has both features.

I have a 7/14 timestamp, I know for a fact I am well within my dealer allotment at #14. The 13 order in front are FE and/or have the Lux package (I ordered High) which is also pushed out. I am quickly approaching the time where we need a 2nd vehicle for work, so my preference is to get my Bronco sooner than later.

My questions are:

1. How hard will it really be to install the electrical, wiper, motor, etc. for a future hard top (when available)? Anyone have a rough budget in mind?
2. Anyone else getting similar feedback from dealers?
3. Email made no mention of Sasquatch...is that no longer a long lead package?

Thank you all!
A costly pain in the ass to add MIC top later. Adding tow package later is not a big deal.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would be shocked it the MOD hard top was not delayed until at least 2022 Q2 builds. Probably Q3.
Sponsored