First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hadn't heard anything from the dealer I have my reservation with so last week I sent them an email asking about buying the reserved Bronco with the X-Plan. Today I got an email from the dealership internet sales department asking for my reservation number. Shouldn't they already have that information?
Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I ordered mine a month ago and have not heard anything and I am a repeat customer. I will follow up this week.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hadn't heard anything from the dealer I have my reservation with so last week I sent them an email asking about buying the reserved Bronco with the X-Plan. Today I got an email from the dealership internet sales department asking for my reservation number. Shouldn't they already have that information?
My dealer called me within an hour after I made my reservation and I did put them as my dealer when I placed it on line. They did not mention that they needed my reservation number.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of these dealers are clown shows. Did you email them with the email you reserved with? They should have all your info already and the better question is why do they need your info to answer a question?

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer called me within an hour after I made my reservation and I did put them as my dealer when I placed it on line. They did not mention that they needed my reservation number.
I would think Ford would include the reservation number when they send the reservation info to your designated dealership.

Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would think Ford would include the reservation number when they send the reservation info to your designated dealership.
When I sign into my ford account on ford.com, it shows my reservation number. Have you set up an account on ford.com?

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Are you taking X-Plan or not? Simple question.

why do you need any other information?”

I would speak with someone else, if the stupid questions continue; I would go somewhere else.

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have 2 reservations both reached out immediately after I mean within minutes. I would change dealers asap if it's takin a month or if you had to contact them. Clown shows is right

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think my dealer is anything special, but they at least have one dedicated Bronco salesman, have emailed several times and called/texted several times. I also got a Bronco hat, shirt, and mug from them.

Sounds like some of y'all need to go where they appreciate your business.

As far as asking for the reservation number, could be as simple as them not having the correct name from your email. My email has my middle name since that what I go by, but my Ford account and reservation are under my first name.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How? This is not normal. I changed dealers but the first dealer at least sent out a generic thank you message and then emailed me and said hi and let me know if i had any questions to just contact him. He had all my information.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, they have your reservation number. They are either too lazy or not organized enough to look up your email and match it to the reservation (unless you used a different email for your reservation).

OP
OP
MLRey

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went to the dealership website and used the contact link to see if I could bet some info on using the X-Plan for the Bronco purchase. I gave them the email I have my reservation with. However, they replied back to another email that they probably have on file. The last time I did anything with them was 14 years ago. Since then I haven't owned a Ford. I ended up getting a Dodge truck instead of their F250 when they tried to pull some crap at the end of the purchase. I was using the X-Plan and we had a verbal agreement on the truck purchase. I came back two days later after getting the money lined up and the X-Plan PIN to complete the purchase. But they had added over $3K of dealer installed accessories to the truck in that time. They said the X-Plan price was for the truck and I'd have to pay their inflated price for the accessories they had added. I walked and that was my last Ford for almost 15 years. Previously I had owned a Ranger, F-150 and two Expeditions. When I made my reservation based on my location I was signed up with the same local dealer. I'm hoping they've gotten over their stealership ways. But I worry that I'll place the order with the X-Plan only to have the Bronco show up with extra crap added. I was hoping to get them to commit to a clean deal but we'll see. If I'm not convinced they'll behave I'll probably switch to one of the recommended Dealerships I've seen here. Most likely Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego, it's a couple of hours from home but not too far to avoid getting screwed at the last minute.

OP
OP
MLRey

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I sign into my ford account on ford.com, it shows my reservation number. Have you set up an account on ford.com?
I have a Ford account and all the information is correct but they used another email address to reply to me. It was probably already in their system from when I was last a customer there even though it was a long time ago.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would change dealers asap if it's takin a month or if you had to contact them. Clown shows is right
I agree it sounds like a clown show but nobody should be rushing out to change dealerships just because their current one sucks. We still have a good 8 weeks until the deadline switch. Best to wait and see what other deals materialize and figure what is best for you before switching. Remember, you can only do it once.

ccoday

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 / Nissan Murano / BMW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer (Ford of Fairfield) sent me an email within a day of my reservation, although I have not been able to get them to commit to honoring the x-plan. I will most likely switch dealers to Walnut Creek Ford which is listed as a dealer on this site as honoring x-plan and no ADM>
Sponsored