quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went to the dealership website and used the contact link to see if I could bet some info on using the X-Plan for the Bronco purchase. I gave them the email I have my reservation with. However, they replied back to another email that they probably have on file. The last time I did anything with them was 14 years ago. Since then I haven't owned a Ford. I ended up getting a Dodge truck instead of their F250 when they tried to pull some crap at the end of the purchase. I was using the X-Plan and we had a verbal agreement on the truck purchase. I came back two days later after getting the money lined up and the X-Plan PIN to complete the purchase. But they had added over $3K of dealer installed accessories to the truck in that time. They said the X-Plan price was for the truck and I'd have to pay their inflated price for the accessories they had added. I walked and that was my last Ford for almost 15 years. Previously I had owned a Ranger, F-150 and two Expeditions. When I made my reservation based on my location I was signed up with the same local dealer. I'm hoping they've gotten over their stealership ways. But I worry that I'll place the order with the X-Plan only to have the Bronco show up with extra crap added. I was hoping to get them to commit to a clean deal but we'll see. If I'm not convinced they'll behave I'll probably switch to one of the recommended Dealerships I've seen here. Most likely Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego, it's a couple of hours from home but not too far to avoid getting screwed at the last minute.
It could be just a calamity of errors on the dealershipā€˜s end. But given the apparent track record they have with you, It sounds like your ā€Spidey Senseā€ is already kicking in.
Two months or more out from the ordering process and youā€˜ve already got Dealer Heartburn? There are too many good dealers out there to choose from and youā€™re in control of who gets your business.
Sponsored

Obi-Wan Broncoby

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why change dealers now? There are too many options to evaluate and still 7 weeks to make a deal. I feel no loyalty for any dealer and will take my money where I can leave with the most of it still in my account. When I negotiate with a dealer at the deadline I will have a list of requirements and the price I am willing to pay. Until B&P is up I wonā€™t know what that price is but by dealership-commitment time I most certainly will. And it really comes down to MSRP or Invoice plus or minus what, followed by the fees, etc. This is a special order vehicle and must be exactly what I want. This is just a business deal, not unlike any other business deal. Iā€™ll probably give them an hour to commit to a deal and if we canā€™t agree Iā€™ll go to the next dealer on the list. For now Iā€™m sitting tight.

OP
OP
MLRey

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why change dealers now? There are too many options to evaluate and still 7 weeks to make a deal. I feel no loyalty for any dealer and will take my money where I can leave with the most of it still in my account. When I negotiate with a dealer at the deadline I will have a list of requirements and the price I am willing to pay. Until B&P is up I wonā€™t know what that price is but by dealership-commitment time I most certainly will. And it really comes down to MSRP or Invoice plus or minus what, followed by the fees, etc. This is a special order vehicle and must be exactly what I want. This is just a business deal, not unlike any other business deal. Iā€™ll probably give them an hour to commit to a deal and if we canā€™t agree Iā€™ll go to the next dealer on the list. For now Iā€™m sitting tight.
I'll wait until sometime in October and see if the local dealer gives me a comfortable feeling about how they'll behave. I've looked at the pricing information people have posted here and have a very good idea of what the price will be for what I want. As I noted, years ago I had a bad experience with the dealership but they could be much different now. One problem I see is that with the Bronco likely to be very popular there's an incentive for them get you to bail on the order, especially if you're using a plan that limits their profit. If they stick some useless paint and upholstery protection on when it shows up and then want $800 it's a big win either way for them. If you walk away they get to sell for MSRP+ and if you don't you pay an outrageous amount for some cheap wax and Scotch Guard.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll wait until sometime in October and see if the local dealer gives me a comfortable feeling about how they'll behave. I've looked at the pricing information people have posted here and have a very good idea of what the price will be for what I want. As I noted, years ago I had a bad experience with the dealership but they could be much different now. One problem I see is that with the Bronco likely to be very popular there's an incentive for them get you to bail on the order, especially if you're using a plan that limits their profit. If they stick some useless paint and upholstery protection on when it shows up and then want $800 it's a big win either way for them. If you walk away they get to sell for MSRP+ and if you don't you pay an outrageous amount for some cheap wax and Scotch Guard.
My understanding of X-plan is that dealer add-ons must be listed on buyerā€™s order and X-plan pricing agreement. You can read that here under Section 7 on the third bullet under Sales and Delivery Requirements.

https://www.jdemmerford.com/ford-x-plan-official-rules.htm

You risk a shady delear at time of placing order going against their word of no add-ons, but at least itā€™s not when you are at the delearship with your Bronco in the parking lot. Iā€™m holding out some hope that Ford allows dealer change during ordering period just to avoid this entirely.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hadn't heard anything from the dealer I have my reservation with so last week I sent them an email asking about buying the reserved Bronco with the X-Plan. Today I got an email from the dealership internet sales department asking for my reservation number. Shouldn't they already have that information?
Dealerships have the reservation number, time stamp and much more information on the Bronco...

They may have you filed by your res number, we use names much more personal... :cool:
Sponsored