First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ask them for $7200 off the purchase price of the car for each sticker/plate/badge they put on the car.

$100 a month for the life of the loan per ad is my normal advertising rate.

That shuts them up pretty quickly.
Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I usually just peel off the dealer sticker.

I noticed my purchase order includes front license plate bracket ($0) which I did not select as an option. However, I plan to put a cool plate on it, at first at least. If I don’t like it, I’ll remove it.

MontyMoose

First Edition
First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Road Glide, 2018 F-150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I noticed my purchase order includes front license plate bracket ($0) which I did not select as an option. However, I plan to put a cool plate on it, at first at least. If I don’t like it, I’ll remove it.
FYI, the front license plate bracket is installed at the dealership, not the factory, so you can do like I did and tell them not to install it until you see where it will be installed and give the go-ahead.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered through Stephens Auto in WV. They're handling it similar to Granger. They don't add any raised decals or stickers on your car. However, most of their customers (myself included) asked that they provide an optional window sticker with their dealership on it. It's a Bronco themed one that we can proudly wear in honor of the upfront and honest customer service. Would love to drive it around the CLE area as the dealers around here are all clowns.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered through Stephens Auto in WV. They're handling it similar to Granger. They don't add any raised decals or stickers on your car. However, most of their customers (myself included) asked that they provide an optional window sticker with their dealership on it. It's a Bronco themed one that we can proudly wear in honor of the upfront and honest customer service. Would love to drive it around the CLE area as the dealers around here are all clowns.
Exactly. Looking forward to putting the Stephens sticker on the back glass. What is nice is the optional sticker is provided by them for us to install if we so choose.

Otherwise most stickers are easy to remove and have no lasting impact on paint as long as you remove it early in the car's life. Folks getting triggered by a sticker is laughable given the vehicle will have bug splatter and bird poop on it within a few days.

Sponsored

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I came at this question from another perspective...

I get along great with the folks at my dealership so I came up with a deal for us to split the cost of a rear tire cover and they get to put their logo on it. And I get a clean vehicle with no dealer stickers on it.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't stand dealer advertisement on vehicles......always irks me seeing it. But I also realize most people don't notice or care about their vehicle, they're surely not going to care about the dealer's sticker.

I'm pretty sure my dealer will put on their sticker even if I ask them not to, and it'll be removed immediately along with the stupid license plate surround it's sure to have.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think my dealer does stickers but I'll ask them not to. But also easy to remove if they forget. Don' t mind the license plate frame in the back. I'll tell them to not mount any front plate though, I'll get a relocation kit for the front plate, probably one that mounts on the tow hook and I don't want them to drill holes in the front bumper.
If they have to add the front plate because of some law, I'll bring that relocation kit by before delivery.

Refusing delivery seems a bit silly over this stuff though, they'll just turn around and sell it to some other customer who will happily pay over MSRP. Until you sign the papers, the Bronco belongs to the dealer...

OP
OP
Oceannomad

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
good point on the front license bracket. Virginia requires a front plate (although I’m registering in AK) so I better ask them not to add that….and the stupid dealer sticker

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ve dealt with Shortline a few times in the past, recently sold to a different ownership group. That place was a clown factory. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see them use rivets to install a dealer badge.

Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else get triggered by the dealer slapping on the cheap bumper sticker, metallic logo or whatever they can add their name to?

I mean I’m more then happy to temporarily display their advertising on the license bracket (for a few days) but I can’t stand when your clean new ride gets pulled around after prepping and ends up cheaply branded by the dealer.

Now granted my last two cars I was able to leave a ton of reminders to the dealer not to add anything but it still irks me to see sparkly new cars rolling off the lot with that god awful sticker. Am I alone here or do folks think you owe them free advertising?

now after saying this out loud I know why I don’t have a build day yet
If the dealer is prepared to pay me for advertising their dealership, I will keep it on. Otherwise, I take them off as soon as I get home. Purchasing a vehicle from them does not give them the right to display their advertising on my vehicle.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't want one of these?

67pt1appmyn01.jpg
It's funny you posted this because I special ordered an outback from Shortline around 15 years ago and I had them put a note on the contract that they wouldn't put this badge on it. The note was written in big bold red. When I arrived to take delivery, what do you know... it had the badge on it. They apologized vehemently and told me they could remove it and repair the holes. Needless to say, I refused delivery of the vehicle and have not been back there since.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think my dealer does stickers but I'll ask them not to. But also easy to remove if they forget. Don' t mind the license plate frame in the back. I'll tell them to not mount any front plate though, I'll get a relocation kit for the front plate, probably one that mounts on the tow hook and I don't want them to drill holes in the front bumper.
If they have to add the front plate because of some law, I'll bring that relocation kit by before delivery.

Refusing delivery seems a bit silly over this stuff though, they'll just turn around and sell it to some other customer who will happily pay over MSRP. Until you sign the papers, the Bronco belongs to the dealer...
Agreed about refusing delivery, though an exception might be made for them riveting it on like that picture above.

They'd be putting on a new whatever location on if they did that.
Sponsored