Sponsored

Dealer called and offered me a Bronco Raptor at MSRP, too good to be true?

06viper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor, 2021 Mclaren 765LT, 1965 Shelby Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So long story short, I was discussing the F150 Raptor R with my dealer over the phone. My sales person goes off topic and out of blue says “by the way, Ford didn‘t fill all of their Bronco Raptor allocations like they though they would and we have a spot available to order one for you if you want one.” I have been waiting since day 1 in 2020 that you could reserve a regular bronco and my wildtrak 4 door ironically just got scheduled for production this week. I never got offered a chance by Ford for a Bronco Raptor initially, so to have the dealer tell me that I could order a Bronco Raptor and have it delivered within 6 months puzzled me. Also they told me no ADM at all, MSRP no questions asked. So my questions are, is the dealer full of crap and yanking my chain? Is it true they are still taking orders and can have it delivered within 6 months? I was under the impression bronco raptor orders closed for this year, but are they still open? This seems too good to be true everything the dealer told me….. dealer wants a fully refundable $1,500 deposit.
Sponsored

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Given your lineup of vehicles listed in your signature, why would the Dealer want to f*ck with a customer like you?

That GM knows he can make more money in a cultivated relationship with you than banging some one and done chump off the street.

Future Sales, Possible Trade-Ins, Service and Performance Upgrades and you probably generate a lot customer referrals just by word of mouth in your social circles.

No, that Ford Dealer knows that you're a rainmaker for him so he is going to keep you happy and not shopping for better deals.

Last edited:

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So long story short, I was discussing the F150 Raptor R with my dealer over the phone. My sales person goes off topic and out of blue says “by the way, Ford didn‘t fill all of their Bronco Raptor allocations like they though they would and we have a spot available to order one for you if you want one.” I have been waiting since day 1 in 2020 that you could reserve a regular bronco and my wildtrak 4 door ironically just got scheduled for production this week. I never got offered a chance by Ford for a Bronco Raptor initially, so to have the dealer tell me that I could order a Bronco Raptor and have it delivered within 6 months puzzled me. Also they told me no ADM at all, MSRP no questions asked. So my questions are, is the dealer full of crap and yanking my chain? Is it true they are still taking orders and can have it delivered within 6 months? I was under the impression bronco raptor orders closed for this year, but are they still open? This seems too good to be true everything the dealer told me….. dealer wants a fully refundable $1,500 deposit.
MY23 raptor maybe . Order banks are closed for MY22.

Sounds to me like the dealership just wants you to give up your wild trak so they can sell it with an ADM

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given your lineup of vehicles listed in your signature, why would the Dealer want to f*ck with a customer like you?

That GM knows he can make more money in a cultivated relationship with you than banging some one and done chump off the street.
I hadn't noticed that till you said something. Yeah I'm gonna agree this is legit. The dealer has made their decision.

(And I had to google the instagram to find out how I can be like him... spoiler: I can't.)

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hadn't noticed that till you said something. Yeah I'm gonna agree this is legit. The dealer has made their decision.

(And I had to google the instagram to find out how I can be like him... spoiler: I can't.)
I didn’t look up the OP until you mentioned it.

Holy Chit! That Dealer needs to call up Levine so he can personally show up to deliver that Braptor for Ford.

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whatever the reasoning is behind this, don't agree to anything without going down there and get a written deal with the manager's signature and then put a deposit on it asap.

My order was literally stolen by an employee at the dealer because I told them I'm not paying 30k over msrp after them told me 8 times that I was getting it for msrp before it hit the lot. As soon as it did, the stories changed.

Don't be a fool like I was and take their word for it. Either bronco will be amazing.

Sponsored

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you have to the means, might be cool to just put the deposit down on the raptor, take delivery of your current order, and wait for the Raptor to come in. In this market it seems unlikely you’ll take any kind of major financial hit trading or selling a clean low mileage ‘22.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my Dealer is Selling their Bronco Raptors at MSRP (to reservation holders)… yet the TruckRaptors go for 15-18k over MSRP….

Trust but verify….I’d still get it in writing/email just to make sure…

yes it’s true…. some dealerships are selling the Bronco Raptors to reservation holders for MSRP.

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Future Sales, Possible Trade-Ins, Service and Performance Upgrades and you probably generate a lot customer referrals just by word of mouth in your social circles.

No, that Ford Dealer knows that you're a rainmaker for him so he is going to keep you happy and not shopping for better deals.
I’m honestly not even sure why the op is asking this question, to tell you the truth.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m honestly not even sure why the op is asking this question, to tell you the truth.
Surprised his salesman even asked for a $1500 deposit.

All the salesman needed to do was tell his GSM and GM, "Blue Horseshoe loves Braptor"

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If there is one thing that I’ve learned, if something is too good to be true, it’s too good to be true!
Sponsored