Sponsored

Dealer called and offered me a Bronco Raptor at MSRP, too good to be true?

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That lineup of vehicles in your sig…
Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any updates Viper?

You taking that "too good to be true" Braptor or not?

CobraDan

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 2022 Bronco Sport OBX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This gives me the first hint at why I was able to order a 2022 BRaptor last week (June '22). Everything I've seen until this thread says the allocations are all gone. Ford must have opened up the order banks briefly to finish selling out '22. Does this mean they are getting a better handle on the supply chain issues? I know... this makes no sense.

Dan

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Could be these are allocations the dealer has, and placed orders for. These could be unsold and unscheduled orders. Dealer is offering them to people, and because unscheduled the person and build it the way they want.

Just a thought

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

He likely won’t refer to it as a “Braptor”…He’s not on his way to the gym.
He definitely won’t be wondering if he would park his “Braptor” in the garage next to the rest of his collection. And the OP has quite an impressive collection.

OP
OP
06viper

06viper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor, 2021 Mclaren 765LT, 1965 Shelby Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok so got an update:

I gave them a deposit of $1,500 and ordered one, got the email not too long ago that the order was confirmed in the system. Dealer is claiming 6 months delivery time. I am very curious to see how this plays out.... By no means am I getting my hopes up high. But if the order is submitted into the Ford ordering system, id assume that they were indeed not lying to me and they do have an allocation. What do I know though. By the way, the dealer that I ordered this Bronco Raptor from is not the dealer I am getting my Wildtrak from. I live in New Mexico and hate dealing with the dealers in this state, so 99% of the time I purchase my vehicles out of state and just have the purchasing dealer drop ship them from the Ford factory to a local dealer in Albuquerque. The local dealers in Albuquerque hate it, but they cant do a darn thing about it. I would give them business but they are too busy raping people with $30-50k ADM on bronco's and same with F150 Raptors. They even have the balls to list a First Edition Bronco for $150k thats in their showroom. It has been a great feeling over the years picking up my F150 Raptors at invoice and MSRP and giving the local Albuquerque dealer a middle finger as they are dropped shipped to their dealer and I drive away haha. The dealer I ordered my Bronco Raptor from is the same dealer I am going to be getting my F150 Raptor R from and they are out of Mississippi. The dealer I am getting my Wildtrak from is out of Texas and I have an agreed contract with them from 2020 to get the vehicle at $1,000 under invoice back when car prices started tanking at the beginning of coronavirus, which I am sure now they are extremely not to happy about now haha.

Ford Bronco Dealer called and offered me a Bronco Raptor at MSRP, too good to be true? 447AB9F0-0233-4401-938C-59A3E5DF5BBF_1_102_o

Last edited:

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dang, I got the golden ticket and the back door for mine still just shows accepted by dealer.

diorbronco

Raptor
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Tell them I'll take it

OP
OP
06viper

06viper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor, 2021 Mclaren 765LT, 1965 Shelby Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok have some updates and questions. First update is my Wildtrak that I reserved July 18th 2020 finally arrived yesterday 😂 My dealer was great, honored our original agreement from 2020 of $1,000 under invoice, plus the price protection. Grand total my updated 2022 MSRP of $61k went down to $55k.

Second update, my 2022 Raptor Bronco didn't get scheduled so I changed it over to a 2023 last Thursday 9/29. Kind of bummed that Ford dropped Velocity Blue for the Braptor. So I changed the color to Azure Gray and added beadlocks. MSRP came out to $85k after speccing it out with the other stuff I wanted.

The question I am still curious about is, how is Ford going to treat my Braptor order? What I mean by that is, I didn't have an original reservation that got switched to a Bronco Raptor. I kept my original reservation for my Wildtrak that just got delivered yesterday. The dealer notified me that "Ford had given them two extra Bronco Raptor allocations and didn't need an original reservation or golden ticket to fill an allocation". I have asked my dealer many times over the past few months if this is indeed true and they are sticking to what they told me. Because based on what I have read on this forum, only people that had original reservations were the ones offered golden tickets (I never got offered the chance by Ford for some reason). And had not heard of Ford giving out "extra" Bronco Raptor allocations to dealers to pick customers at their discretion. So I still can't figure out if my dealer is full of crap, or if this indeed true. They have a $1,500 deposit from me still. And I have signed the COVP form and received the email from Ford stating my order had been submitted and everything. So I am hoping my dealer is not lying to me!

Here is a picture of my email I received from Ford last week and also a picture of my Wildtrak that just arrived incase anybody cared to see haha.

Ford Bronco Dealer called and offered me a Bronco Raptor at MSRP, too good to be true? IMG_3070
Ford Bronco Dealer called and offered me a Bronco Raptor at MSRP, too good to be true? IMG_3028.PNG

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Many dealers got allocations for Raptors in addition to their GT allocations. My dealer got one GT, guy was just a few hours a head of me on reservation, so ahead of me at Dealer. Sales Manager let me have one of his Allocations at MSRP. It will be first Bronco Raptor they deliver, should be by Oct 27th

biturboamg

Raptor
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ok so got an update:

I gave them a deposit of $1,500 and ordered one, got the email not too long ago that the order was confirmed in the system. Dealer is claiming 6 months delivery time. I am very curious to see how this plays out.... By no means am I getting my hopes up high. But if the order is submitted into the Ford ordering system, id assume that they were indeed not lying to me and they do have an allocation. What do I know though. By the way, the dealer that I ordered this Bronco Raptor from is not the dealer I am getting my Wildtrak from. I live in New Mexico and hate dealing with the dealers in this state, so 99% of the time I purchase my vehicles out of state and just have the purchasing dealer drop ship them from the Ford factory to a local dealer in Albuquerque. The local dealers in Albuquerque hate it, but they cant do a darn thing about it. I would give them business but they are too busy raping people with $30-50k ADM on bronco's and same with F150 Raptors. They even have the balls to list a First Edition Bronco for $150k thats in their showroom. It has been a great feeling over the years picking up my F150 Raptors at invoice and MSRP and giving the local Albuquerque dealer a middle finger as they are dropped shipped to their dealer and I drive away haha. The dealer I ordered my Bronco Raptor from is the same dealer I am going to be getting my F150 Raptor R from and they are out of Mississippi. The dealer I am getting my Wildtrak from is out of Texas and I have an agreed contract with them from 2020 to get the vehicle at $1,000 under invoice back when car prices started tanking at the beginning of coronavirus, which I am sure now they are extremely not to happy about now haha.

Ford Bronco Dealer called and offered me a Bronco Raptor at MSRP, too good to be true? IMG_3028.PNG
Maybe you have a good dealer who will be honest. I was day one order and got the GT offer from Ford. Once it was close to coming in dealer wanted ADM even though we agreed on msrp long ago. Long story short we went back and forth for about week and settled on 3k over msrp or they could pay me to walk away. Offered the BRAPTOR to my wife and she didn’t want it so took the $$ and called it a day. Sucks that Ford doesn’t do more to protect us on cars they offer us like they did on the FGT. I have my Gen 3 raptor. I like the R but the Gen 3 is nice but not a 100k truck so adding 200hp doesn’t make it worth 110k for the R before markup. Really sucks I waited all these years, was GT buyer and would have had to fight to get at msrp. Yes it was in writing but even attorney said it will be a fight and have to prove damages etc.

They sold it a few hours after I gave it up and im sure it went for 120-125k with the current market. I just don’t feel they are worth more than msrp. Great product but not a 100k SUV. Mine was 80k all options but graphics.

Good luck on your BRAPTOR and agree NM Ford dealers are a joke these days but most dealers across the country have gotten as greedy as them too.

Guy up in Santa Fe has a black one for sale (125k) and there is a white one driving around Tanoan.

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Maybe you have a good dealer who will be honest. I was day one order and got the GT offer from Ford. Once it was close to coming in dealer wanted ADM even though we agreed on msrp long ago. Long story short we went back and forth for about week and settled on 3k over msrp or they could pay me to walk away. Offered the BRAPTOR to my wife and she didn’t want it so took the $$ and called it a day. Sucks that Ford doesn’t do more to protect us on cars they offer us like they did on the FGT. I have my Gen 3 raptor. I like the R but the Gen 3 is nice but not a 100k truck so adding 200hp doesn’t make it worth 110k for the R before markup. Really sucks I waited all these years, was GT buyer and would have had to fight to get at msrp. Yes it was in writing but even attorney said it will be a fight and have to prove damages etc.

They sold it a few hours after I gave it up and im sure it went for 120-125k with the current market. I just don’t feel they are worth more than msrp. Great product but not a 100k SUV. Mine was 80k all options but graphics.

Good luck on your BRAPTOR and agree NM Ford dealers are a joke these days but most dealers across the country have gotten as greedy as them too.

Guy up in Santa Fe has a black one for sale (125k) and there is a white one driving around Tanoan.
Which Ford dealer were you working with that stuck you with ADM?
Sponsored