Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

Spoke to my dealer today. They had a first edition available and wanted to see if I was interested. "The purchaser had a hardship and couldn't take ownership" hmmmmm. They sold it within an hour for $10k over the sticker. Let the games begin. Also saw a Wildtrak sell on Ebay.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-Ford-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
Curious, who was the dealer?

And this isn't the first of it's kind us hearing of it, nor is it the last.

1st Edition.... hardship.... 🤔

xcxv

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Bronco
Base
yes, lil'tommy who ordered it just bc every one of his 'friends' on instagram were ordering it couldn't get approved for 97 month auto loan at 9.99%. we'll see more of these orphans.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Bronco
Outer Banks
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Oh yeah, we're gonna see a lot more of that before many of us even get a sniff of a build date. And the suck......buyer just paid 10 thousand more for a 63 thousand dollar vehicle that will, in a couple years, have the same market value of an FE that Granger sold for 1 thousand under invoice. But, all that matters is that everyone's happy after the deal. 🤷‍♂️

EvlNvrDys

Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh yeah, we're gonna see a lot more of that before many of us even get a sniff of a build date. And the suck......buyer just paid 10 thousand more for a 63 thousand dollar vehicle that will, in a couple years, have the same market value of an FE that Granger sold for 1 thousand under invoice. But, all that matters is that everyone's happy after the deal. 🤷‍♂️
Do you really think said purchaser cares about market value though? Probably park it next to his Hummers, Beemers, Benzes and say "Look at me, I got one of the first Broncos!!" :ROFLMAO:

NotApplicable

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y
Bronco
First Edition
10k? Not enough to tempt me, esp when 4700 of that is taxes

NotApplicable

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y
Bronco
First Edition
Do you really think said purchaser cares about market value though? Probably park it next to his Hummers, Beemers, Benzes and say "Look at me, I got one of the first Broncos!!" :ROFLMAO:
Agreed. A year or multiple years is a long time. Many people make $10k relatively quickly.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y
Bronco
First Edition
Wait the more I think about this it’s actually an offensively good deal. People are paying 10k over for Kias in some markets.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y
Bronco
First Edition
What the fuck lol
The vehicle shortage is real, and soccer moms need their Tellurides/palisades.

A survey a couple months ago, before the situation was at its worst, showed 40%+ of new car shoppers (in all budget ranges) were willing to pay $5k+ over MSRP if they could actually find the vehicle they were looking for

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT, 2021 Audi Q7
Bronco
Badlands
What the fuck lol
They’re not lying. People are going nuts over the scarcity of the Kia Telluride and the above average reviews. Dealers are adding crazy ADMs to those.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru WRX Hatch
Bronco
Black Diamond
Wait the more I think about this it’s actually an offensively good deal. People are paying 10k over for Kias in some markets.
I just sold my used 2012 WRX for $15k, $6k more than I was offered (from the same people) in March.

Anybody passing blanket judgments on pricing is oversimplifying a complex set of issues.

Advertisement

Apollo Optics
Advertisement