MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The “ hardship” story is BS. The dealership ordered the vehicle through the reservation system just like you and I. They knew full well what they were doing. Think about it, if the dealer can get $10K over sticker, then why wouldn’t the supposed customer take ownership and sell it for a profit? Even as a technically “used” vehicle, they could of made $5K doing nothing except driving it home.
They will give a car loan to practically anyone. In fact, the more expensive the vehicle the more likely the loan approval. Expensive vehicles are easier to sell after a repop.
Sponsored

McBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97Wrangler(sold21)/02Avalanche/08Mustang/17Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1625603737504.png

I've gone down the ADM pricing rabbit hole to find more of these ridiculous dealer prices lmao
The best part of this....

DCH - "Delivering Customer Happiness" on that $22k dealer mark up sticker.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You sound surprised. I'm only surprised it sold for so cheap, they could of held out a bit and got more. I've had serious offers for mine for more than 10K.
They probably wanted to sell it quickly. I was in negotiations for a C8. I was 3k over sticker they said $10k and it’s mine. I walked away they sold it two days later. Hindsight I should of bought it. They’re still in the 6 figures.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The “ hardship” story is BS. The dealership ordered the vehicle through the reservation system just like you and I. They knew full well what they were doing. Think about it, if the dealer can get $10K over sticker, then why wouldn’t the supposed customer take ownership and sell it for a profit? Even as a technically “used” vehicle, they could of made $5K doing nothing except driving it home.
They will give a car loan to practically anyone. In fact, the more expensive the vehicle the more likely the loan approval. Expensive vehicles are easier to sell after a repop.
It is possible though. A lot of people from all walks of life ordered FE's. All it takes is a few investments to go bad and you cant buy a car you maybe didnt even need...If they did have a hardship then they wouldnt be able to buy it and sell for a profit because they might not have the money. Plus you take the risk of not being able to cover the vehicle and taxes.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious, who was the dealer?

And this isn't the first of it's kind us hearing of it, nor is it the last.

1st Edition.... hardship.... 🤔
I guess anything can happen after a year of waiting. Ford needs to release the Hardship Edition.

Sponsored

gshorn

Wildtrak
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the used car situation seems to have eased my f150 blue book has come back off 10k dollars from a month ago and more in the range I was seeing before. of course I was waiting to trade in I should have sold it oh well.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They’re not lying. People are going nuts over the scarcity of the Kia Telluride and the above average reviews. Dealers are adding crazy ADMs to those.
Give it 2 years and all the reviewers who call the Telluride the greatest thing since sliced bread will be calling it long in the tooth, dated, and overdue for an update.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the used car situation seems to have eased my f150 blue book has come back off 10k dollars from a month ago and more in the range I was seeing before. of course I was waiting to trade in I should have sold it oh well.
I just did KBB on my Acura and was shocked (in a good way). With shortages starting to resolve themselves the market is going to come back down. I'm getting tempted to tell my dealer to take the "99" off my order to pull up delivery now that '22 won't have painted hardtops (still holding out for green, but just barely)

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
1625603737504.png

I've gone down the ADM pricing rabbit hole to find more of these ridiculous dealer prices lmao
First edition or any bronco at the locked in price is a huge deal!!! 10-20k over for crap trucks, the bronco FE is 25k over to start...100k no less...if you sell it for less, you sold yourself short right now!!!

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The best part of this....

DCH - "Delivering Customer Happiness" on that $22k dealer mark up sticker.
where are all those Toyota fans who claim Toyota is a superior company who takes care of their customers? can I get a amen?

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sounds like steal
E8DA52B6-BDD2-49AB-B30F-1AEF61DD99B1.jpeg

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
yes, lil'tommy who ordered it just bc every one of his 'friends' on instagram were ordering it couldn't get approved for 97 month auto loan at 9.99%. we'll see more of these orphans.
Covid unemployment expired and McDonald's is scoffing at his request to be paid "fairly" at $33/hr??? Who would have thought?

Last edited:

Cobra13

Badlands
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BADLANDS BRONCO, 2006 Escape Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers getting Broncos to sell before filling orders was not part of the promise.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
[Passive Aggressive Politics are Lame....]
I doubt people who were part of the Bronco list before a 100 year Global Pandemic are dropping out because the incredible awesome ability of our Government to insure that people have some ability to try and remain fed and sheltered after their jobs disappeared when their employers closed shop has dried up, unlike 1914 when people were literally dying in the streets.

I think maybe people who were gainfully employed prior to the pandemic and have otherwise been significantly fiscally impacted, DESPITE societies attempt to try and keep their neighbors solvent, are in different circumstances than they were 18 months ago and are stepping away from their reservations.

Combine that with shady dealer practices like; converting orders without notification, trying to attach ADM after the fact, and "deadlines" for delivery receipt and first payment might be contributing. Local dealer has a Bronco on the floor for sale. ADM is $5K. They won't answer how the vehicle became available despite people asking via their social media presence.
Sponsored