indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
They’re not lying. People are going nuts over the scarcity of the Kia Telluride and the above average reviews. Dealers are adding crazy ADMs to those.
humans + scarcity = nuts

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That Taco pricing is crazy but you have fan-boys that will pay it. I like my TRD Pro but there is no way I would have paid the markup. I'm just hoping that the used car market stays hot until I can get my Bronco. Just means less to finance.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Changed my quote and went on a rant which is worse than lame.
You changed my quote to go political?? What?

I doubt people who were part of the Bronco list before a 100 year Global Pandemic are dropping out because the incredible awesome ability of our Government to insure that people have some ability to try and remain fed and sheltered after their jobs disappeared when their employers closed shop has dried up, unlike 1914 when people were literally dying in the streets.

I think maybe people who were gainfully employed prior to the pandemic and have otherwise been significantly fiscally impacted, DESPITE societies attempt to try and keep their neighbors solvent, are in different circumstances than they were 18 months ago and are stepping away from their reservations.

Combine that with shady dealer practices like; converting orders without notification, trying to attach ADM after the fact, and "deadlines" for delivery receipt and first payment might be contributing. Local dealer has a Bronco on the floor for sale. ADM is $5K. They won't answer how the vehicle became available despite people asking via their social media presence.
So I am not sure what your rant was meant to be. Other than a rant? If people lost their jobs than it's understandable they walked away. However their is in fact a labor shortage right now. Maybe they'd rather not work than have a Bronco? To each their own. You would think most would have known about the job before converting it into an order? Hence why their were 190K reservations and then 125k or whatever actual orders. Dealers doing shady shit is not cool. A lot of pipe dreamers probably ordered. Some might not be blown away by the Bronco and decided to walk away. No matter the reason, there's a lot of people on here who didn't reserve early nor did they order early and now they're crying about dealers getting Bronco's. It's getting tiresome. Dealers (some) did and will continue to do shady shit. I am not defending them. But look on ebay. I just saw a base 4-door. Guy puts a pity story up basically saying everything you said above. Then he puts a $65,000 buy it now. LOL. If someone is dumb enough to purchase it, than so be it. It was a base soft top. The seller probably had that plan from day one. I don't agree with it, but I'm not going to cry like a little kid on the internet either.

Sponsored

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yes, lil'tommy who ordered it just bc every one of his 'friends' on instagram were ordering it couldn't get approved for 97 month auto loan at 9.99%. we'll see more of these orphans.
The worst decision Ford made in this entire process was a $100 reservation fee. I’d bet the farm if it’d been $500, or even if orders required a 1% deposit, this would be a vastly different narrative.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The worst decision Ford made in this entire process was a $100 reservation fee. I’d bet the farm if it’d been $500, or even if orders required a 1% deposit, this would be a vastly different narrative.
For a sight unseen vehicle? I wouldn't have paid that.

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$10k on a First Edition looks to be a steal - that Wildtrack went for $72K+. Geez Louise -

Sponsored

tphigh2001

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500, Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As soon as I got my built email I started shopping to sale my 2019 Ram truck. A different dealer from my Bronco order offered and I accepted just under what I paid for the thing new with 65,000 miles on it, or about $9k more than I really thought I would get on trade. Bronco Dealer is solid and Im getting MSRP, but if I had a chance at a first edition, and did not have a build date for 10k over? being Honest, I would at least be seriously considering it?

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered my raptor for under that
Imagine realizing a new Raptor could have been in the garage instead of a Tacoma TRD Pro? That would be some major buyer's remorse... IN MY OPINION.

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's always interesting reading people tell random strangers what they should think, do, say or feel. LMFAO For at least a little while, this country is still the land of the free, to CHOOSE wtf you decide to care about. In other words: "To each their own"!

Yes, people who make good money still have hardships. Yes, dealers lie to make a deal. It's ok regardless because as one user said, as long as everybody is happy about the deal, whtf cares. Carry on

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Spoke to my dealer today. They had a first edition available and wanted to see if I was interested. "The purchaser had a hardship and couldn't take ownership" hmmmmm. They sold it within an hour for $10k over the sticker. Let the games begin. Also saw a Wildtrak sell on Ebay.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-Ford-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
Nothing wrong with a dealer selling an abandoned order over MSRP. Vehicles are sold for under invoice all the time, why is this any different? Its called market forces. Reneging on an agreed on price is one thing, that is not what this is.
Sponsored