Sponsored

Dealer called, they got one...

• Thread starter Deleted member 19381
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Deleted member 19381

So, my salesman calls, they got a Bronco in that I can look at, sit in, test drive....2.7L Outer Banks, soft top, 4 door....I went, I saw, I liked (except the soft top)...that'll hold me for a little while as I wait on mine.
Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, my salesman calls, they got a Bronco in that I can look at, sit in, test drive....2.7L Outer Banks, soft top, 4 door....I went, I saw, I liked (except the soft top)...that'll hold me for a little while as I wait on mine.
Out of curiosity, what did you not like about the soft top? I am debating on whether to switch from a MIC to a soft top in order to get my Bronco earlier.

Ukon

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Out of curiosity, what did you not like about the soft top? I am debating on whether to switch from a MIC to a soft top in order to get my Bronco earlier.
I’m not sure of the OP’s thoughts, but a soft top in the North East would be tough in the winter if it’s a daily driver.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you seen the pictures of what they are sending out? Those windows especially look terrible and that they don't fit right.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get the feeling the fit and finish of the soft top will evolve. This isn’t a tough nut to crack, plenty of good fitting soft top vehicles out there.

Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure of the OP’s thoughts, but a soft top in the North East would be tough in the winter if it’s a daily driver.
I am out in CA, so I wouldn’t be as concerned about the weather. I am more concerned about the rear windows and how crappy they look. Well, my wife doesn’t like the look. I can deal if I get the prep kit and my Bronco earlier.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get the feeling the fit and finish of the soft top will evolve. This isn’t a tough nut to crack, plenty of good fitting soft top vehicles out there.
The problem is that they have to make the windows large enough to allow for the tilt-up from the rear. Which makes the side windows saggy while in place.

I'd rather it not lift up - and have the fit and finish look appropriate. #unpopularopinion

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 19381

I don't like the extra road noise associated with a soft top and the rear side windows were wavy...all else has me excited as heckfire for mine to be built.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Which dealer in NY?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Besttop, probably one of the best companies for soft top production have done many a test on the cold weather issues with soft tops and have disapproved many of the beliefs that soft tops aren’t good for cold weather environments...

Ukon

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am out in CA, so I wouldn’t be as concerned about the weather. I am more concerned about the rear windows and how crappy they look. Well, my wife doesn’t like the look. I can deal if I get the prep kit and my Bronco earlier.
I would have liked to get both, as the soft top would be nice for summer, but I fahhhhkd around about ordering and it was no longer an option.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any likelyhood that Webasto would make replacements for the OEM side and rear soft top panels? Sounds very unlikely, but one could dream...
Sponsored