Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem is that they have to make the windows large enough to allow for the tilt-up from the rear. Which makes the side windows saggy while in place.

I'd rather it not lift up - and have the fit and finish look appropriate. #unpopularopinion
Agreed! I’d rather not have the clam shell opening, not sure what I’d use that for anyway. The wrinkled back half just isn’t a good look. I’d even spend the money on the Bestop fastback if it fully retracted and stacked at the tail gate. I knew what I was getting into with the stock softtop but I freely admit that I thought there would be another option.
Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Burdick Ford, right? Ford sent them an OBX and then the package of accessories which included the Rigid roof mounted light bar. Except they didn’t add the Aux switches and the light bar doesn’t come with a switch. 🤣

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Besttop, probably one of the best companies for soft top production have done many a test on the cold weather issues with soft tops and have disapproved many of the beliefs that soft tops aren’t good for cold weather environments...
I’ve had soft tops in the winter. They hold heat fine, problem is the fog up easier than glass with no way to defrost them and you can’t scrape snow and ice off of them. If you are ok with the assumption that there will be days you cannot see out of them then you will be fine

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem is that they have to make the windows large enough to allow for the tilt-up from the rear. Which makes the side windows saggy while in place.

I'd rather it not lift up - and have the fit and finish look appropriate. #unpopularopinion
Sometimes you just have to speak the opinion that people don't want to hear.

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agreed! I’d rather not have the clam shell opening, not sure what I’d use that for anyway. The wrinkled back half just isn’t a good look. I’d even spend the money on the Bestop fastback if it fully retracted and stacked at the tail gate. I knew what I was getting into with the stock softtop but I freely admit that I thought there would be another option.
If the besttop fast back was an option I would have switched

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get the feeling the fit and finish of the soft top will evolve. This isn’t a tough nut to crack, plenty of good fitting soft top vehicles out there.
While I'm getting the MIC on my Bronco I have to agree. I have 2 drop tops in my garage now, and have owned one for years. I have seen them evolve. From my first, a 1965 Chebby Impala, to the '18 Mustang and '19 GM plastic car I own now, the difference is like night and day. The materials, and fit/finish are the spot on. Both have liners inside that help with the road noise, and help insulate the cars. A little disclaimer here. I live in North Carolina. During our winters it can get down into the 20's, but that certainly isn't 20 below like the northern states. I wouldn't go by what the pre-production models look like in making my decision if I was ordering a soft top today.
Sponsored