indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I doubt there really is a 5k markup agreement. Salespersons are often testing the limit of what they can get, and it works with some customers. Play the dance and call salesperson bluff or switch dealers.
Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Folsom Lake Ford called to convert my order today. The sales guy said all the ā€˜area dealersā€™ had agreed to a $4,995 markup on the new Bronco. Needless to say Iā€™ll be switching my reservation somewhere else. Just a heads up if anyone has a reso there. Itā€™s the first time I was told after multiple emails to them with various questions. Very frustrating.

Additional info:
Per the salesman they ā€œhad over 400 reservations and were allocated about 25% of thatā€
So what they're saying is all the local dealers had a zoom call and agreed to group up and screw the customer, think that is illegal :)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah it sucks, but all the flags were being raised up that us Sac Area folks were going to get shafted. I Believe Folsom even claimed they were the king of the Bronco Dealer. Remember out there, you have $$ with Folsom and El Dorado Hills.

I would have loved to get a below invoice like so many, but here in Cali, we were lucky to get 2 Invoice dealers that stepped up.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you first call Ford to make the dealer switch? I live in sac. Where is WC Ford? Also did they tell you how many reservations they have? Thank you
I believe that's a reference to Walnut Creek - East Bay

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If there is an ADM I will cancel my reservation. I'm spending 40K plus sales tax and dealer fee to get a Basesquatch. It will be by far the most money I ever spent on a vehicle- and may very well be my last vehicle purchase I make at 62 years old.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Folsom Lake Ford called to convert my order today. The sales guy said all the ā€˜area dealersā€™ had agreed to a $4,995 markup on the new Bronco. Needless to say Iā€™ll be switching my reservation somewhere else. Just a heads up if anyone has a reso there. Itā€™s the first time I was told after multiple emails to them with various questions. Very frustrating.

Additional info:
Per the salesman they ā€œhad over 400 reservations and were allocated about 25% of thatā€
Sorry to hear you found one of the douchebag dealers out there.
Here's an idea: Sponsor a Bronco Nation "Roundup" event there in Colorado for late this year. Then when all we Bronco enthusiasts descend on Colorado, we spend a day outside that dealership with signs highlighting their scumbag business practices & how they screw their clients. Of course, we also make sure the press is alerted to this event.
It may not help you now, but in the long run it'll burn their ass. Remember: Revenge is a dish best served cold.

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had not heard anything from my dealer (Koons Ford Falls Church) regarding ordering so I just called and got the sales manager. He said they are only placing orders for customers who have agreed to pay 5K over MSRP. After that, he would place orders for folks that are paying MSRP. Since the GM and I agreed to 1K under invoice back in August, I am thinking I will never get mine. I guess the time/date stamp on your reservation does not mean a thing.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had not heard anything from my dealer (Koons Ford Falls Church) regarding ordering so I just called and got the sales manager. He said they are only placing orders for customers who have agreed to pay 5K over MSRP. After that, he would place orders for folks that are paying MSRP. Since the GM and I agreed to 1K under invoice back in August, I am thinking I will never get mine. I guess the time/date stamp on your reservation does not mean a thing.
I'd try to reach out and deal directly with the GM on that one. Sounds like the sales manager is full of crap based on what everyone else is relaying on here.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, that would really suck. I wouldn't know what to say to that other than, F-Off Ford and go buy a Wrangler. Sorry man.

Sponsored

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't this literally the textbook definition of price fixing?

Price Fixing | Federal Trade Commissionwww.ftc.gov ā€ŗ tips-advice ā€ŗ dealings-competitors ā€ŗ pric...

A plain agreement among competitors to fix prices is almost always illegal, whether prices are fixed at a minimum, maximum, or within some range. Illegal price fixing occurs whenever two or more competitors agree to take actions that have the effect of raising, lowering or stabilizing the price of any product or service without any legitimate justification.
Youā€™re Always on top of the knowledge here in the forum!

Iā€™ll be surprised if there isnā€™t some sort of lawsuit before Ford is done with these Bronco shenanigans!

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were you able to get it in writing earlier?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have that in writing?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You timestamp will dictate when you get it so they can place the orders whenever they want. I'd be switching dealers though.
Sponsored