First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Folsom Lake Ford called to convert my order today. The sales guy said all the ‘area dealers’ had agreed to a $4,995 markup on the new Bronco. Needless to say I’ll be switching my reservation somewhere else. Just a heads up if anyone has a reso there. It’s the first time I was told after multiple emails to them with various questions. Very frustrating.

Additional info:
Per the salesman they “had over 400 reservations and were allocated about 25% of that”
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Folsom Lake Ford called to convert my order today. The sales guy said all the ‘area dealers’ had agreed to a $4,995 markup on the new Bronco. Needless to say I’ll be switching my reservation somewhere else. Just a heads up if anyone has a reso there. It’s the first time I was told after multiple emails to them with various questions. Very frustrating.

Additional info:
Per the salesman they “had over 400 reservations and were allocated about 25% of that”
Isn't this literally the textbook definition of price fixing?

Price Fixing | Federal Trade Commissionwww.ftc.gov › tips-advice › dealings-competitors › pric...

A plain agreement among competitors to fix prices is almost always illegal, whether prices are fixed at a minimum, maximum, or within some range. Illegal price fixing occurs whenever two or more competitors agree to take actions that have the effect of raising, lowering or stabilizing the price of any product or service without any legitimate justification.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
?‍♂?‍♂?‍♂?‍♂

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Additional info:
I started with them and left when I got the runaround. Thank goodness I went to WC Ford!!!! No runaround. I had, in writing, MSRP with my sales guy, Nate, I believe. Not surprised they are doing this. No deal in writing is exactly why you need a deal in writing!!! Sorry that you have to go through this. I work in Folsom and would love to get your sales tax dollars, I work for the City, but, PLEASE, go get yourself another dealer!!!

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The sales guy said all the ‘area dealers’ had agreed to a $4,995 markup on the new Bronco.
That's called price fixing and is an antitrust violation.

ETA: Ninja'd by @ZackDanger

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Additional info:
Area dealerships agreed? Hmm. That sounds illegal but I didn't stay at Holiday Inn Express last night.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

collusion is illegal. they should be called out to the authorities, whoever that is
FTC ? But is that for across state lines?

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call another "area Dealer" and see if you get the same response. He may be pulling your chain, but regardless, time to switch.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

maybe dealerships owned by their group? I don’t know I was seeing red at that point
I would go back and try to get details on that. It could be another really illegal action. If it is the same company that is different - I think.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Additional info:
Did you check your Ford account and make sure they didn’t convert you?