Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FTC ? But is that for across state lines?
Assuming it's within the state, that would be the State Attorney General.

I'm sure they have a hotline to report stuff....

::EDIT::

Antitrust Law Section
Attorney General’s Office
300 S. Spring St., Ste. 1702
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Tel.: (213) 269-6567 or (800) 952-5225 Fax: (213) 620-6005
E-mail: [email protected]
Attorney General’s Internet Site:​

Attachments

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

maybe dealerships owned by their group? I don’t know I was seeing red at that point
If they are competing dealers, that’s a big problem. Ford is going to learn so much about their dealers from this little website. Might be a few less dealers next year.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a dealer tell me last night that no local dealer will be telling how they are pricing the bronco but I’m free to switch to his dealership. Let’s just say there was a long pause before I said why the hell would I switch to your dealer with no
Info

Sponsored

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Folsom Lake Ford called to convert my order today. The sales guy said all the ‘area dealers’ had agreed to a $4,995 markup on the new Bronco. Needless to say I’ll be switching my reservation somewhere else. Just a heads up if anyone has a reso there. It’s the first time I was told after multiple emails to them with various questions. Very frustrating.

Additional info:
Per the salesman they “had over 400 reservations and were allocated about 25% of that”
I'm sorry man, I hate to be harsh, but where you been since July 9th when you signed up here? Between then and now there are thousands of posts on deals, dealers, pricing, including a spreadsheet or two. Result is most of us, instead of paying thousands over sticker are instead paying thousands under sticker.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Isn't this literally the textbook definition of price fixing?

Price Fixing | Federal Trade Commissionwww.ftc.gov › tips-advice › dealings-competitors › pric...

A plain agreement among competitors to fix prices is almost always illegal, whether prices are fixed at a minimum, maximum, or within some range. Illegal price fixing occurs whenever two or more competitors agree to take actions that have the effect of raising, lowering or stabilizing the price of any product or service without any legitimate justification.
Exactly what is thinking. This is illegal.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Folsom Lake Ford called to convert my order today. The sales guy said all the ‘area dealers’ had agreed to a $4,995 markup on the new Bronco. Needless to say I’ll be switching my reservation somewhere else. Just a heads up if anyone has a reso there. It’s the first time I was told after multiple emails to them with various questions. Very frustrating.

Additional info:
Per the salesman they “had over 400 reservations and were allocated about 25% of that”
Wow. Seems kind of wrong.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would have been nice to record him saying that...definitely worth investigating though. I would report it; when an investigator calls around and all the dealers in one geography magically have the same exact markup...it’s pretty clear....and a witness that will testify that a dealer told him directly that they had colluded to fix prices.

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Additional info:
OK, really!!!! I told you this back in October!!! I just looked at my original post that you and I had an exchange over. Get a new dealer!!! Not trying to be a jerk, but if you knew the deal I had last year and I moved then, why did you wait until now to sort this out?

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It would have been nice to record him saying that...definitely worth investigating though. I would report it; when an investigator calls around and all the dealers in one geography magically have the same exact markup...it’s pretty clear....and a witness that will testify that a dealer told him directly that they had colluded to fix prices.
Illegal to do in California without their consent.

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Additional info:
Sounds to me like they want people to cancel their reservations so they can place an order themselves (take over the reservation) and sell them with a markup!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they are competing dealers, that’s a big problem. Ford is going to learn so much about their dealers from this little website. Might be a few less dealers next year.
However, more research needs to be done in order to get someone in power to "look into it".
Sponsored