Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Get a call today. My dealer said I should be in top 10 based on reservation date. Their initial allocation is only 29 Vehicles and thy have 90 reservations.
But, if I select items that may be in short supply 2.7L, black top, Sasquatch etc I could be pushed out of their allocation and not get one because Ford will fill orders they have parts for.
I've decided to pass on the 2.7, black top, that may be delayed. Going Big Bend, mid pkg, 2.3L on a two year lease. That gives two years for me to drive it, let Ford get everything sorted, and then get the Bronco I really want, keep the one I leased, or move on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn't you still be in line to get it with those features if you're in their allocation, just perhaps later delivery than others?

OP
OP
Hornet

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wouldn't you still be in line to get it with those features if you're in their allocation, just perhaps later delivery than others?
If others behind me go with builds that aren't delayed and I go with options that are delayed they will move ahead of me and I could fall below the number allocated (only have 29) to the dealership and looking at MY 22
Ford will build what they can and deliver those vehicles. They won't wait on parts to fill people in order.

Last edited:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah what this guy says

Your dealer saying that conflicts with what Mother Ford has stated

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hornet

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah what this guy says

Your dealer saying that conflicts with what Mother Ford has stated
They have 90 reservations and only allocated 29. They will deliver the 29 to those that have builds not delayed. You don't lose your reservation. Option availability is key factor.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They have 90 reservations and only allocated 29. They will deliver the 29 to those that have builds not delayed. You don't lose your reservation. Option availability is key factor.
That doesn’t make sense though. It’s not like you’re picking things that are deemed late availability. You’re just picking things that everyone else might pick. I don’t think you’re dealer is telling the truth. Or maybe they just don’t know what they’re talking about. Hell, maybe I don’t. ?

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

...but if you are a 1st or second night reserve - will they still build a 2.7 has they get them in as long as they have them in stock - or wait a couple of months till they get all their 2.7's in and then build them ?

in other words - if I order a 2.7 and they only have 1000 engines total - if I am in the first 1000, will I get my Bronco, or will I have to wait till there are 20,000 engines available for them to start ?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huh? That’s not how this works. You’re in their allocation, you’re at the top of their list and competing against everyone nationally for parts. If your order comes up and it has parts, it will be built. If it doesn’t, it gets delayed until the parts come up and then again you’re ahead of people with lower reservation #s.

Either way, I don’t get your logic. You’re going to buy a vehicle and waste what, 12-15K? on a vehicle you don’t want so you can turn around and buy a new one in 2 years because you ‘might’ have to wait a couple of months extra? Do you need a vehicle that bad? I’m not trying to judge you, it’s just really bad money management and screams of impatience.

Sponsored

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I could totally be wrong but it feels like they are trying to get you to change to a non-delayed/non-high demand trim and options so that they know they will have the sales for the year or whatever sales quarter it ends up being for expected delivery.

OP
OP
Hornet

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That doesn’t make sense though. It’s not like you’re picking things that are deemed late availability. You’re just picking things that everyone else might pick. I don’t think you’re dealer is telling the truth. Or maybe they just don’t know what they’re talking about. Hell, maybe I don’t. ?
I originally indicated I wanted 2.7L. I saw that on the possible wait list. Sasquatch, black top possible wait. They only have an allocation of 29 and 90 reservations. Most folks with reservations at my dealer aren't going to get one.

So is it not true tha those that chose options Ford said could or would be delayed are at risk of not getting one at my dealership because they have 90 reservations for 29 vehicles? . I think they will build what they can and deliver those vehicles. They won't stop production to wait for parts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hornet

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Huh? That’s not how this works. You’re in their allocation, you’re at the top of their list and competing against everyone nationally for parts. If your order comes up and it has parts, it will be built. If it doesn’t, it gets delayed until the parts come up and then again you’re ahead of people with lower reservation #s.

Either way, I don’t get your logic. You’re going to buy a vehicle and waste what, 12-15K? on a vehicle you don’t want so you can turn around and buy a new one in 2 years because you ‘might’ have to wait a couple of months extra? Do you need a vehicle that bad? I’m not trying to judge you, it’s just really bad money management and screams of impatience.
Let's say I'm ahead of you and want options that are delayed delayed like 2.7L and they have what they need to build yours. You saying they will not build yours until they build mine? Will hold up production. I don't think so???

Thainy

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Triumph Bobber Black
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got the below from my dealer, absolutely useless! i'm feeding them info.

Yes, a few updates have been recently coming in. Looks like placing order will be starting soon. I will have more information here soon and reach back out to you.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the bronco but don’t get the fact that so many people are willing to drop options especially engine size so they can still get theirs built or 1st...
Sorry this seems beyond stupid.
Get it right and get what u want the 1st time...

And like others have stated your dealer is wrong... place your order and let Ford figure the rest out. They are not the ones supposed to be worrying about commodities that’s Fords job
Sponsored