Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let's say I'm ahead of you and want options that are delayed delayed like 2.7L and they have what they need to build yours. You saying they will not build yours until they build mine? Will hold up production. I don't think so???
No they would build what is available but the way i have interpreted everything is that if you place an order through that dealer it would take away one of their allocations with your order.
As i understand you would still get your Bronco and other people may get theirs before you based on availability and reservation time stamp but the dealer would essentially not have a guaranteed sale until your vehicle is delivered.
Someone can correct me if I'm completely wrong.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's say I'm ahead of you and want options that are delayed delayed like 2.7L and they have what they need to build yours. You saying they will not build yours until they build mine? Will hold up production. I don't think so???
That's not how it works. They will simply move them up and you get re-queued when they have the parts. Your dealer doesn't lose the allocation.

Spec out exactly what you really want and order it. Ford will give you an estimated delivery date in May and let you know if any items are causing a late delivery. At that time, you can choose to swap out those said items and possibly get an earlier delivery, or, keep them and get a later delivery.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, Ford will build whatever they can in order with the parts they have under the dealer allocation limits. But, you still have your order priority so when the parts ARE available if your reservation is high enough you’re still the priority. If you don’t fall in 2021 you would be at the top of the list for 22. When is your reservation? I think you’re freaking out a bit and unless you need this car right away I don’t see why you would want to order something you don’t even want just to try and get a 21. You don’t even know at this moment, you could get the car you want in 21 and not know it and buy something you don’t want and waste money and turn around to buy what you do want?

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This language below is from the recent dealer email that was posted. I think this is what is causing confusion with what your dealer is saying. Should still be able to order with potential high demand or late available items......it just may impact your delivery timing

• If a customer wants options that are late availability 21MY, should they convert their reservation to an order?
    • Yes. Converting reservations during the conversion window will ensure customers receive an estimated delivery window in May. It does not, however guarantee a 21MY Bronco

If everyone orders a 2.3 now, then that may become short supply......

OP
OP
Hornet

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love the bronco but don’t get the fact that so many people are willing to drop options especially engine size so they can still get theirs built or 1st...
Sorry this seems beyond stupid.
Get it right and get what u want the 1st time...

And like others have stated your dealer is wrong... place your order and let Ford figure the rest out. They are not the ones supposed to be worrying about commodities that’s Fords job
I think all they were trying to say is here is your slot, we will get 29 and have 90 reservations. . If you pick options that are delayed others orders could be filled first and we run out of our initial allocation. Your order will be delayed until they have parts. Nothing nefarious.

the question is this. Will Ford deliver vehicles that they can, filling a dealership's allocation even if it's for those time stamped after you? It sounds like they will. Why would they hold up deliveries.

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooooo GLAD I can badlands without all the trash. I'd take heated seats but not if I have to add BLIS! I dont need computer assist to stay in lane. I pay tax on the whole road and ill use both lanes if I please.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black painted top IS late availability.

2.7 and Squatch are *possible* high demand and commodity restraints. So if you want 2.7 and Squatch just order it since you're in allocation, then after you get your Bronco buy a shadow black hardtop from the accessories counter and wait the months for it to show up.

Ironjamzz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Get a call today. My dealer said I should be in top 10 based on reservation date. Their initial allocation is only 29 Vehicles and thy have 90 reservations.
But, if I select items that may be in short supply 2.7L, black top, Sasquatch etc I could be pushed out of their allocation and not get one because Ford will fill orders they have parts for.
I've decided to pass on the 2.7, black top, that may be delayed. Going Big Bend, mid pkg, 2.3L on a two year lease. That gives two years for me to drive it, let Ford get everything sorted, and then get the Bronco I really want, keep the one I leased, or move on.
Ford already said. If your looking for a squach/manual your waiting til, whenever they say 2022. I also read of the delays for wanting the Bronco of your choice. All I wanted was base 2.7 2 dr. Right? fricken going to be delayed. I guess now it's no matter what you want besides the basic no package Bronco, You're waiting F O R E V E R !!!!!!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford already said. If your looking for a squach/manual your waiting til, whenever they say 2022. I also read of the delays for wanting the Bronco of your choice. All I wanted was base 2.7 2 dr. Right? fricken going to be delayed. I guess now it's no matter what you want besides the basic no package Bronco, You're waiting F O R E V E R !!!!!!
Ford may build your 2dr 2.7 Base the first day. They'll have the parts.... Just not enough to fulfill every order.

You will wait, yes. We will all be waiting.

But, unless you have a super late reservation, you won't know if you'll be delayed or not.

If you have a super late reservation you'll be waiting anyway.

Be P A T I E N T !!!!!!
Sponsored