First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Super Duty 7.3, ZF6, 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I am a late reservation. January 2021. Reserved with Granger. I have not been too in tune with the whole reservation/allocation process as I was not in a hurry. I knew I was going to have to wait. But I did not think it was possible as a reservation holder to have to potentially wait until 2024 to get a Bronco. That is too long.

My question is, do I change dealerships now? How would this affect my place in line, price protection, and ability to see it sooner?
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I am a late reservation. January 2021. Reserved with Granger. I have not been too in tune with the whole reservation/allocation process as I was not in a hurry. I knew I was going to have to wait. But I did not think it was possible as a reservation holder to have to potentially wait until 2024 to get a Bronco. That is too long.

My question is, do I change dealerships now? How would this affect my place in line, price protection, and ability to see it sooner?
First thing I doubt is price protection since you have chosen two things that were not available in 2021 - SAS w/manual, and a new color. Price protection is only for an equivalent 2021 delayed unit.

Also, if you never converted your reservation into an actual order it may simply be too late to enjoy price protection. Reservations only held a place in line prior to ordering. An order is actually what puts you in line to be built. There is no reason to think that an order placed today with a dealer that has open 2022 allocations would not be produced in 2022 (other than option constraints)

OP
OP

DJN1985

Base
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
First thing I doubt is price protection since you have chosen two things that were not available in 2021 - SAS w/manual, and a new color. Price protection is only for an equivalent 2021 delayed unit.

Also, if you never converted your reservation into an actual order it may simply be too late to enjoy price protection. Reservations only held a place in line prior to ordering. An order is actually what puts you in line to be built. There is no reason to think that an order placed today with a dealer that has open 2022 allocations would not be produced in 2022 (other than option constraints)
Price protection does include manual sasquatch. Thats been established. Also, my reservation was converted to an order for 2021 (99 code). So I still have price protection. My only question on price protection is if I switch dealerships.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price protection only covers increases in cost, based on the original order. Example..... A 2 door went up $400. On the Manual, I don't see how that would get impacted unless it was originally a non sas manual order.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Price protection does include manual sasquatch. Thats been established. Also, my reservation was converted to an order for 2021 (99 code). So I still have price protection. My only question on price protection is if I switch dealerships.
How can mansquatch be included in price protection if it wasn’t available at the time prices are being protected. What price difference are you referring?

Sponsored
OP
OP

DJN1985

Base
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How can mansquatch be included in price protection if it wasn’t available at the time prices are being protected. What price difference are you referring?
My question was regarding changing dealerships. Not mansquatch.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question was regarding changing dealerships. Not mansquatch.
You will have to ask the new dealer if they will honor the price you were being offered at your current dealer if that is what you mean. There are no protections or guarantees between dealers as to what they are planning on charging. The Ford price protection is a different conversation. Sorry if I am misunderstanding the question.

OP
OP

DJN1985

Base
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
And as far as mansquatch, the extra cost for 22 on it isn't included. I'm saying ordering the mansquatch on the base, still keeps the base price protected. I know there is additional cost on the mamsquatch. Just not the unit as a whole.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody seems to know for sure. Assume the worst and that switching dealerships now will move you back further. All the dealerships within 100 miles of me are small and charging adm. I don't trust any of them either. I'm going to stick with sac until I get my bronco or buy something else

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Price protection means you get a voucher for the price difference between 2021 and 2022. For example, for a Base model it's $800. You then use the voucher when you complete the purchase.
Options are the same price for 2022, the increase was applied to the models base price.
Price protection DOES NOT affect what the dealer may charge you..... it could be MSRP or above/below that.
Sponsored