First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A bit of the backstory, Aug 20, 2020 Reservation and I converted it to an order in 2021. My order was a Badlands, Lux, Sasquatch with tow. I submitted my order in a dealership in Nebraska when I was living there. Since then I moved to Florida and did not order a 2022 because of the financial and logistic issues with the move.

Well fast forward to now, my Dealer called me up when the order window opened for the 23 models and told him I needed to think about it. I wasn't sure this is the right time to buy a $60k car and decided not to convert the order. I know a bunch of people will be upset with that, but who cares it was my reservation and my situation dictates my decisions...

Well then I get an order yesterday saying my order was confirmed. And so I thought, I do want the Bronco, what the hell I'll get the car. Well.... I looked at the order details and the order does not have the Sasquatch package... So that totally changes the order and I don't want that Bronco.

As I said I was going to let the reservation expire but now I'm pissed that the Dealer converted the order and to something that doesn't match my original specs. Does anyone know what options I have to change the Order? At this point I just want to make sure that the dealership does not make $1 extra on MY reservation.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yesterday was the deadline. In theory all non converted reservations were supposed to be converted by the 21st or they would be cancelled.

And actually, Ford did the 22 to 23 conversion automatically, the dealer just had to accept it. Also, Ford dropped the Sasquatch on conversions for a lot of people. It's still unclear if this was intentional or a bug in the software. If your order was originally Cyber Orange, it's now Black.

But, the dealer can go ahead and make any changes to the order you want, including model, trim, Sasquatch. The only thing they cannot do is change to a Raptor or Heritage limited.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know what options I have to change the Order?
You can call them. Text them. Email them. Or go to the dealership. Those are about all your options for making changes.

If you are thinking about buying a Bronco in the next year, whether the one you "ordered" or one off the lot, your dealer actually did you a favor. The price protection attached to your name via that reservation is good on any new Bronco and had the dealer not placed the order would have expired.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It sounds like the dealer didn't follow the COVP process , if it really even means anything. You as the reservation/order holder should've had to submit a signed DORA with license and signature I believe. Call Ford customer service and tell them you didn't convert the order with your reservation number and order number handy and see what they will do. It would benefit the rest of Bronco order holders if you did get it canceled. Hopefully that will get the order removed and penalize the dealer via future Bronco allocations. I doubt Ford will do anything the way they've screwed up this whole reservation and allocation debacle. Good luck! I really do hope you get it cancelled.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You really just need to make up your mind but yes, if you still want your Bronco then contact the dealer and it's not too late they can add Sasquatch to it. @BlueBronco was right, they did you a favor IF they'll sell it to you remotely close to MSRP.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want it, you can adjust the order to be whatever you want.

If you don't, just don't go through the COVP process (ie. don't let your dealer photocopy your license for verification), and the order will never get built.

The good news is since your order was converted... you have the option. If they didn't convert your order, your reservation would have been canceled outright on the 21st.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like you declined, and the dealer is going to snag it and count against the name match but resell or plan to sell it to another customer/employee at the dealership.

TBF you declined, and the order would have been dropped at the deadline. FYI you don't owe anything an get your deposit back as it sits. Not sure why you are mad now, you literally asked they not convert i.e. bailed on the order.

Assume if you want it reach out to the dealer and talk. If you don't just forget about it and make sure you get your deposit back.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your dealer did you a favor in this case, they gave you options, which otherwise you would not have. I know that it looks shady, but if they have been straight forward and honest on other things, give them the benefit of the doubt on this move.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you don't, just don't go through the COVP process (ie. don't let your dealer photocopy your license for verification), and the order will never get built.
I still don't understand how this is supposed to work. When I converted my I asked my dealer about COVP, they looked confused and said they weren't participating in it... Which worried me. Then my order gets scheduled in the first round of builds for November. Just yesterday the dealer says "Congratulations your order got scheduled! Can you send me a copy of you license?"
So now I'm really confused. Lol

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well fast forward to now, my Dealer called me up when the order window opened for the 23 models and told him I needed to think about it. I wasn't sure this is the right time to buy a $60k car and decided not to convert the order. I know a bunch of people will be upset with that, but who cares it was my reservation and my situation dictates my decisions...

Well then I get an order yesterday saying my order was confirmed. And so I thought, I do want the Bronco, what the hell I'll get the car. Well.... I looked at the order details and the order does not have the Sasquatch package... So that totally changes the order and I don't want that Bronco.

As I said I was going to let the reservation expire but now I'm pissed that the Dealer converted the order and to something that doesn't match my original specs. Does anyone know what options I have to change the Order? At this point I just want to make sure that the dealership does not make $1 extra on MY reservation.
From what I see, you decided against having "your" (and I use that term loosely) Bronco built. Not a good time for you financially. At that point right there, you are out of the game. You gave up your right to be pissed about it.

And now you are having regrets about giving up your reservation and want the vehicle? Guess you should've come to that realization prior to the deadline.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The SAS drop was a glitch in the system when they converted which can and should be corrected by the dealer unless it was no longer a wanted option. The order can still be changed without issues but the bigger question is how they got your DL and signed buyers order without you proving it to them at some point.

Looking at it from both points, if they didn't roll it by the deadline and you decided later you really did want it, Ford would've already purged it from the system. In this case, better safe than sorry and have to deal with a possible PO'd customer.

From your side, if you really don't want it anymore for whatever reason, the dealer, according to Ford's rules, is supposed to delete the order in the system since it's not currently scheduled. Even if it was scheduled or built and you decide you don't want at that point, the dealer is supposed to contact the region to have it stopped or "redircted" (whatever the hell that means). I doubt it would go to another dealer for stock as it would possibly be used as a company demo/lease vehicle or maybe directed to another customer with the same order specs. No one at Ford has told me this for sure but it's logically a few of the only possibilities.

Short of directly contacting a regional manager or someone within Ford to kill the order if the dealer won't, there aren't many options.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The reservations ended 11/21.... You abandoned your reservation.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP hasn't returned....