Sponsored

Dealer did not convert my order on the 19th!

Cyberman

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I've had my "order" in with my dealer since December. After delays, and the availability of Manual with Squatch, I had them make that change. On 3/17, I reached out to them and to Ford, because I received the email about the 19th cutoff. I asked the dealership if my order was placed, and anywhere that proves this. The response I got was that the orders are in the system awaiting pickup by Ford.

Today, they tell me that they converted my order as a 2022, because of the manual transmission. But, I am still listed as just having a reservation. hey also said about only being given a certain number of squatch packages, and that they went off reservation number to assign those.

Wasn't my reservation supposed to be converted on the 19th, even though it is for a 22?

I am at my wits end already, and want to change dealerships, due to either lack of transparency, or overall lack of knowledge. However, I'm not sure if I can change dealerships without causing some issue. Called Ford twice already.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds me like you dealer is doing everything correct for you.*

If you are waiting for a ManSquatch, that is a MY22 option. The way they would need to do that is enter it into the system with a Priority 99 and a note.

If it's in the system with a 99, you wont see it as an order on your end, and wont receive the email, since it's not technically an active order for Ford to build. Your Ford.com profile would still show it as a reservation.

The March 19th conversion deadline was ONLY FOR:

1. MY21 Q1 Scheduling
2. To count towards the MY21 dealer allocation formula
3. To receive a Delivery Estimate from Ford

You can still convert after that date... at any time. The only hiccup would be you could miss a deadline for the next block of scheduling (like MY21 Q1), but you'll just be put into the following block after that.

(there is another deadline coming up for people who want an MY21 but need to change their order away from the MOD or Dual Top)

Sounds like from what you described your dealer did everything correctly.

When MY22 ordering opens up, they will confirm your order, make sure it includes the ManSquatch, and then change the priority code to a "do build". At that time your Ford.com profile will change and you should receive the confirmation email.

(*The weird thing is if they only converted MY21 orders to match their estimated MY21 allocation... if they didn't convert all of their MY21 orders, they would be hurting their MY21 allocations... but that doesn't pertain to you... and I have no idea what they would mean by "only given a certain number of Sasquatch packages"... that don't make no sense)

Last edited: