First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any advice for how to deal with a dealer that just decided to add on $5k for a “market adjustment” after waiting well over a year and verbally assured that I’d be paying MSRP? Ford customer service was less than helpful. Bronco was just delivered to the dealer today. Seriously deflated and discouraged by this nonsense.
Any help appreciated!
Thank you!!!

Please let me know if you know of anyone at Ford that could help…
Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

unfortunately your key-word here is "verbally". All you can do is firmly (but patiently) remind them of your verbal agreement and try to get them to come down. If that doesn't work I think your options are limited to 1. walk away and let them mark it up $10K or more. 2. Buy it for +$5K and sell it for +$10K and send a picture of your receipt to the dealer with a picture of your middle-finger 3. Pay the +$5K, enjoy the Bronco for less markup than most are paying and YELP the hell out of the dealer

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Contact your state's Attorney General, ask what you can do.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any advice for how to deal with a dealer that just decided to add on $5k for a “market adjustment” after waiting well over a year and verbally assured that I’d be paying MSRP? Ford customer service was less than helpful. Bronco was just delivered to the dealer today. Seriously deflated and discouraged by this nonsense.
Any help appreciated!
Thank you!!!

Please let me know if you know of anyone at Ford that could help…
I'd go in and look the guy in the eye who assured you that you would be paying MSRP and insist that he honor his word...push, ask to talk to the owner with that guy present. Make them know you will make things as difficult as possible for them, forums, Ford, social media....insist, insist, insist. That's about all you can do. If it's not in writing, then you really have no recourse other than to try to get them to back down. Ford can't force them, no AG can force them, only the pressure you can bring in making them believe that you will be a pain in the butt.

colobronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they come down to MSRP and you end up buying it, be sure to give them negative marks on their Ford customer survey. Ford takes those seriously, and it can have a pretty big impact on them financially.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry to hear this. There was a thread of a guy and his wife that had 10k added to their Bronco so he recorded a video of his wife crying at the dealership and posted it on YouTube. And it worked apparently. Do you have a phone and a wife?

Good luck.

VehiChase

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco (bought 99), 14 Xterra, 89 Daytona
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hate hearing things like this - like we have not waited long enough for us to get rammed at signing.
Friend of mine last week went to a Toyota dealer for a new 4-Runner. They agreed on MSRP but when he sat down to sign the papers they added $5K for "limited availability" .... they would not budge after saying MSRP only minutes earlier. He walked out - but he also has not waited for over a year like all of us on here either

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd go in and look the guy in the eye who assured you that you would be paying MSRP and insist that he honor his word...push, ask to talk to the owner with that guy present. Make them know you will make things as difficult as possible for them, forums, Ford, social media....insist, insist, insist. That's about all you can do. If it's not in writing, then you really have no recourse other than to try to get them to back down. Ford can't force them, no AG can force them, only the pressure you can bring in making them believe that you will be a pain in the butt.
Exactly. Go into the dealership and push back, hard. It is easy to tell someone over the phone or in an email that there will be a 5k ADM, a bit more difficult to look someone in the eye and do it. It is most likely an attempt by them to throw something against the wall and see if it sticks. You make a big enough scene and ask to talk to enough managers, GM's and owners and they may back down.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly. Go into the dealership and push back, hard. It is easy to tell someone over the phone or in an email that there will be a 5k ADM, a bit more difficult to look someone in the eye and do it. It is most likely an attempt by them to throw something against the wall and see if it sticks. You make a big enough scene and ask to talk to enough managers, GM's and owners and they may back down.
This^^^
Use a stern authoritative voice. Do not raise your voice or use derogatory descriptive adjectives. Stay calm but stern. Push for a positive fair (msrp) outcome. Push the issue to the owner of the dealership if necessary.

FYI - after 3 days at the dealership ford starts charging interest on the vehicle. Delaying the purchase costs a dealership.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As others noted ,push back and demand the person who made the agreement sticks to it. But remain calm and respectful. Even smile. When they give up, consider calling local TV news.

In most areas, local news has an "On Your Side" type of news segment.
Call them and have them come out. Dealerships DONT want negative publicity.

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have a build sheet or anything with a price on it. In New Jersey a verbal agreement is legally binding however if it were to go to legal action it’s up to you to prove the verbal agreement happened

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you special ordered it, there should be no mark up. Period.

If you walk in off the street, a 5K market adjustment sucks, but not as bad as dealers in my area charging 10K or more mark up.

Im in the car biz. I can assure you guys car inventory are stretched thin nationwide. I just sold my 4Runner for my bronco and I got about as much as I paid for it 3yrs ago bc no dealers have 4Runners. Toyota just cut production by 40% which makes no sense since dealers low on inventory. Used car prices also $28,500 on average. Very high. Thanks inflation etc. Point is dealers are dealers, but now adays they are in deep doo doo too guys. Work with their BS these days, but dont let them in any way take advantage of you.

All the other guys said same thing on here and I agree. But you get more flys with honey at car dealers, just dont be a pushover though.

Worst case. Tell finance to knock 2500 off the mark up then give you an extended 3yr/36 bumper to bumper for 50-100% off. It will about even out that mark up and you will feel like you got a decent deal vs burned. Plus you will still like your local dealer lol and wont have to drive 2hr to get it serviced at diff dealer hahaha! Been there. Done that ;)

Good luck!!
Sponsored