First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t bought a new vehicle in many years. What’s the normal fee Canadian dealers are tacking on these days? Does it vary by dealership?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Virtual-Chris

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks... but I want to know how much Canadian dealers are charging, which is why I posted this in the Canadian forum ;)

ps I guess the forum context is not clear if you’re monitoring the latest posts. :(
Ohhh crap. I didn’t even notice that. My bad. :oops:

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Depends on the dealer I suppose.
I'm familiar with 2 ford dealers here in Ontario.
One has NO fee the other has a $850 documentation fee.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Virtual-Chris

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two I've been in contact with in BC charge $599 and $699.

I thought car buying had evolved where this kind of add-on fee was history, but I guess not. It's a shameful practise. Imagine going to Canadian Tire to buy a grill and when you get to the checkout, the clerk is adding a $30 fee. Why can't Ford just ensure the pricing includes adequate margin for the dealer in the price so we don't need to go through this nonsense? Ugh.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Two I've been in contact with in BC charge $599 and $699.

I thought car buying had evolved where this kind of add-on fee was history, but I guess not. It's a shameful practise. Imagine going to Canadian Tire to buy a grill and when you get to the checkout, the clerk is adding a $30 fee. Why can't Ford just ensure the pricing includes adequate margin for the dealer in the price so we don't need to go through this nonsense? Ugh.
I couldn't agree more. We have dealers in my area of the U.S. that charge up to $979 in doc fees. They give you a decent price then stick it to you at the end of the deal. The thing I really hate is they'll look you right in the eye, and tell you the fees are mandatory. Which is a lie.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't focus on the actual fee as much as the total out the door price when comparing dealers.

OP
OP
Virtual-Chris

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't focus on the actual fee as much as the total out the door price when comparing dealers.
Of course, that would be great advice normally, but in a situation where there are no incentives, discounts, or any whiff of moving off MSRP, the various fees are relevant. In this case, a dealer that doesn't charge a fee will get my business before one that does.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course, that would be great advice normally, but in a situation where there are no incentives, discounts, or any whiff of moving off MSRP, the various fees are relevant. In this case, a dealer that doesn't charge a fee will get my business before one that does.
That's too bad no dealers in Canada are offering any discounts. In the US, some are.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Virtual-Chris

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's too bad no dealers in Canada are offering any discounts. In the US, some are.
Yeah, I've seen that, but that seems like a win-lose type of situation... you may save, but at what cost with respect to delivery? Certainly these dealers are just queuing up buyers that will not see vehicles until mid-decade! You might as well wait for initial lease returns to save! :)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on the dealer I suppose.
I'm familiar with 2 ford dealers here in Ontario.
One has NO fee the other has a $850 documentation fee.
$850?!?! That’s absurd! 😂 I remember my last dealer said they had a $500 document fee, I told him that fee was bullshit and I refused to pay it. They obliged.

OP
OP
Virtual-Chris

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$850?!?! That’s absurd! 😂 I remember my last dealer said they had a $500 document fee, I told him that fee was bullshit and I refused to pay it. They obliged.
I'd love to be able to say that, but I don't really have any leverage being late in the queue on a vehicle that's not likely to materialize for another 6 months to a year. ;)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd love to be able to say that, but I don't really have any leverage being late in the queue on a vehicle that's not likely to materialize for another 6 months to a year. ;)
Sure you do. What are they going to do? Spank you? Cancel your order? It is a bullshit fee and it’s pure profit, there’s no such thing as a document fee. Are they paying someone $800 an hour to file paperwork?
Sponsored