Sponsored

Dealer doesn't know when he's getting a Demo. Is he an idiot?

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I stopped by my local dealer today to see when their demo(s) is/are arriving. The sales guy said he has no idea and has heard nothing.

I asked if I could speak to a sales manager who might know something. He said they discussed at their sales meeting that morning.

So if customer trucks are shipping. That means that every dealer must have a demo on the way. Right? Or am I missing something.

I'd really appreciate if one dealers on this forum would reply.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not all dealers are getting a demo. It has to be ordered so either he does not know it was ordered or they actually never ordered it.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depending on the dealer, access to WBDO is limited to access roll. They know if they are enrolled in the Bronco FCTP program. Someone with access to WBDO can see it in the system and when it's scheduled (assuming it has already). I can understand not knowing when it will actually hit the lot. Ours was built 6 days ago but I don't have any info on when it's going to ship so technically, I don't know either. The assumption is 2-3 weeks from production but won't really know until they decide to update visibility.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

(let's see if this backfires)

Do you know when you're getting your Bronco? If the answer is no, does that make you an idiot? 🤷‍♂️

My guess is whoever you spoke to may not know. Few people seem to at this point.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am curious .. can you see if a dealer other than your dealer ordered a demo in WBDO?

Depending on the dealer, access to WBDO is limited to access roll. They know if they are enrolled in the Bronco FCTP program. Someone with access to WBDO can see it in the system and when it's scheduled (assuming it has already). I can understand not knowing when it will actually hit the lot. Ours was built 6 days ago but I don't have any info on when it's going to ship so technically, I don't know either. The assumption is 2-3 weeks from production but won't really know until they decide to update visibility.

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I stopped by my local dealer today to see when their demo(s) is/are arriving. The sales guy said he has no idea and has heard nothing.

I asked if I could speak to a sales manager who might know something. He said they discussed at their sales meeting that morning.

So if customer trucks are shipping. That means that every dealer must have a demo on the way. Right? Or am I missing something.

Just the other day I searched cars.com for Bronco investory and several generated. I reached out to one dealer and they indicated that this was a demo and later texted me that it would be available for preview on July 2nd. Not that this method may work at other locations but it might be worth a shot if you want to find a dealer who may have one on the way. My searched populated around 6 within the DMV area.

Screenshot_20210621-095326_Message+.jpg

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just tried this and the Bronco is not even a searchable car. I see Bronco Sport but not the Bronco.

Just the other day I searched cars.com for Bronco investory and several generated. I reached out to one dealer and they indicated that this was a demo and later texted me that it would be available for preview on July 2nd. Not that this method may work at other locations but it might be worth a shot if you want to find a dealer who may have one on the way. My searched populated around 6 within the DMV area.

Ford Bronco Dealer doesn't know when he's getting a Demo.  Is he an idiot? Screenshot_20210621-095326_Message+

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I asked mine and they said they weren’t getting theirs til September!

Sponsored
OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
(let's see if this backfires)

Do you know when you're getting your Bronco? If the answer is no, does that make you an idiot? 🤷‍♂️

My guess is whoever you spoke to may not know. Few people seem to at this point.
The correct (since nobody has told me I'm wrong) is that if the dealers ordered a demo, they would be built before customer cars. Since customer cars are beginning to arrive at at least one dealer, its a safe bet that a demo that was ordered would be built by now.

Which the dealer could see. So if they ordered one, YES, they should be able to give me a reasonable guess as to when it will arrive.

Just like FLIP did above.

Also, I'm not going to switch my reservation to an order until I drive one. And based on my reservation date, mine will arrive the end of Q1 2022.

OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
THANK YOU.

I just entered my zip on cars.com and got a bunch of hits. Very interesting. "Bronco" was available as a dropdown in the Boston area.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha, do you know when you're getting your Bronco? Why would the dealer?

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Dealer doesn't know when he's getting a Demo.  Is he an idiot? Screenshot_20210622-142944_Chrome
Now that’s how you do it! That’s it, I’m moving back to PA.

JermSells

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Here are the facts as I know them...My Demo units have been produced since mid May. No vehicles are shipped to dealers (demos or retail orders) until the OKTB is given. Ford does not provide an ETA range until the vehicle has been released from the factory to the carrier, and sometimes no ETA is provided whatsoever. Once a vehicle is released to the carrier the dealer can track its progress throughout the transit time until it arrives at the dealership through Ford's Vehicle visibility website.

So when a dealer tells you they have no idea, the response is a lazy one, albeit accurate.
Sponsored