Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is my exact fear, I do have a signed invoice with taxes, tags, title, fee's etc from my first order, but I changed my order for the '22 MY, and I'm realizing I don't have a signed invoice that time. I really hope my dealer doesn't try to pull this bullshit.
Sponsored

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a thought, I see local news media in our area of Idaho grab ahold of some of these types of situations and broadcast/talk about such ‘foul play’. If, as a last resort, you have something similar in your market tell the dealership you plan on coming out with media, or without, and giving them some free marketing!

Unless they re crazy they won’t want that.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did opie ever come back? Is this a case of lost keys again? I'm out, i can't do that again

I'm not getting the amount of attention in this relationship that i deserve.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they signed a contract... take them to court. At least small claims court. That's what I'm gong to do if this happens to me.

Just because dealers are slimy doesn't mean they don't have to follow contract law.

That would be my 1st step.

Old School D

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2002 Silverado, 2001 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unfortunately, problem is multi-sided. There are people who will pay more than MSRP because to them it has more value than MSRP--that's fair market, though reneges on deals is bs. But, there are folks on here ordering more than one and then leveraging whichever deal/version is best too, so also working the system.

Add to that, shady dealers and a supply problem, and you get this situation. Good news, one of the local dealers near me is going for the adm lotto and the car has been sitting there for for at least a few months, so it doesn't always work apparently.

Bottom line is that the dealer shouldn't make deals they don't keep, BUT get things in writing, and if they won't give it to you in writing, then expect the worst.

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't understand why anyone would pay over MSRP for ANYTHING with tires. I also don't understand why a dealer would do this. Is $7,400 dollars gonna make or break them? I had the exact same scenario with a dealer not willing to do a signed price sheet. Just gave me their "good word and reputation". I walked away at the 10 month mark just because the whole Bronco trainwreck had me irritated and I didn't want to wait another 3,6,9 or whatever months and have this happen to me. I seriously wouldn't have even bought another Ford, but it's what I found the best deal on and it was at another dealer. Ram and Chevy wouldn't budge on price.

Ford customer relations does nothing and they hang up the phone when they don’t want to deal with you anymore
This has been my exact last 2 experiences with them. On forums they come in and try to look like they're saving the day only to do absolutely nothing in real life. Complete joke.....

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dealers are the devil Bobby bouche

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That @Ford Boss Me posted a video basically confirming what the guy said but didn't think it was fair that "the mob" was pounding their rating for 1 bad transaction. I had not left a 1 star review but think I will now.

Sponsored

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Should probably mention, they shoot the video in the guy's bronco that they are selling out from under him. That's just spiking the football.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A few quotes from the video:

"What you *can* do is you can try to work with them when something bad happens."

Uh, effing EXCUSE ME? Something "bad" happening? No, this was all drama of the dealer's making.

"He was in communication early on with us, and then for about a 3-4 month period, nothing. No communication."

... and they're using that as a justification for slapping a bunch of dealer accessories and ADM on there. How about no. What do they want - all of us badgering the crap out of them once a week about a process that moves with geologically slow speed?

F no.

Today's my blend date, and I've been extremely low-communication with my dealer, because I know that it would have been pointless. Of course I want my Bronco. If it makes it to the dealership and they can't get ahold of me, or I abandon the order at that point, fine. Slap whatever you want on it.

But to do it IMMEDIATELY, then try to sell it to the reservation holder at MSRP + ADM? Enjoy my inbound 1-star review.

Dealer dug their own grave with shabby, selfish, greedy business practices.

Mobernerd

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Colorado Z71/1972 GMC Sprint SP
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I watched the video and it sounds like a lot of BS. I didn't contact my dealer every two weeks while waiting on my Bronco. In fact, I wasn't in communication for almost a year until the order banks re-opened for reservation holders in late 2021. This dealership is just trying to screw the guy and make a profit. Sorry for that OP

I am so happy my dealership was great. They kept me updated on the status after the order was placed and honored MSRP. It's terrible that people have to work with dealerships like this. It makes me wonder if manufacturers wouldn't be better-off going direct to consumer; I know the consumer would be.

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We don’t know the full story unfortunately and probably never will.

If the dealer tried calling/emailing/mailing @RockCrawler*_81 over the course of 2-3 weeks without hearing a word back… then I agree that the dealer was in the right here. Dealers cannot be expected to hold onto a vehicle for 2+ weeks in complete radio silence unless arrangements are made with the dealer ahead of time. (Like if you are going on on a business trip and don’t know if you’ll be in town when the vehicle arrives, then yeah, let the dealer know ahead of time.)

However, if the dealer only tried calling @RockCrawler*_81 a few times over the course of a couple of days… then yes, dealer was in the wrong here.

I'm not sure how it matters, they still have it RIGHT now,it could be made right. The could of called and said here is your bronco and not tried to make him take a different one. After 2 years I'm sure he's attached to the one he wanted,the one he ordered, HIS bronco.
Sponsored