TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's worse than I thought. The holes left after carefully removing the cheap plastic plate holder are extruded and very noticeable. Dealer won't replace front bumper. So should I take it to a different dealer to have their service dept plug and paint? Or would I get a better result if I take it to a dedicated body shop? Would a third party shop even have access to Ford touch-up paint?
7EBF08FA-67C0-460A-8861-946C56F06E8A.jpeg
While I was very unhappy my dealer had drilled the holes like others, I found the method of using a plastic push in trim plug that was painted to the body color worked really well. Once I put the body color matched plugs in, you can't see them unless you're looking for it.

At the time I was solving this issue, Bumper Plugs did not have the Bronco colors and it was a custom special order, which got kind of pricey. I now see www.BumperPlugs.com has most of the Bronco colors and they are only $29 for a pair. https://bumperplugs.com/bumperplugs/bumperplugs-for-ford You'll have to clean up that extruded plastic on the body panel. I found that using a drill bit larger than the hole and slowly twisting it with your fingers (no power tool) cleaned it up nicely to get rid of those extruded plastic burls.

When I did mine, I picked up the plastic push in trim plugs from Home Depot and painted them the body color. I purchased my Ford body color paint from TouchUpDirect. Brought a rattle spray can of body color and a rattle spray can of clear coat. A few coats of body color and few coats of clear on the plastic trim plugs was a perfect match. This approach is more expensive than buying them from Bumper Plugs since they now have the Bronco colors for $29 but when you're done, you'll have plenty of extra body color paint for any other projects like painting shackles body color, or other projects.
Sponsored