First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bummer. I told and them reminded them two times via telephone and email not to screw it on. Here in NV it is only require if there is a place for one to go so if it's not delivered from the factory that way then you don't need one. That being said, some dealers are sticklers' for little details. Just tell them you don't want holes drilled in your car and you have a relocation bracket to install at home. Some might make you sign a release but so what, they are just covering their rears.
Sponsored

WJB326

Badlands
First Name
WJB3
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine came from the plant like that. I saw it come off the trailer that way. I asked why I wasn't involved in that decision and was told that the plant had to do that for states with front plates. Not sure that is true, but I didn't have a choice. Watching to see if you get any other info.
Texas requires a front plate and the factory bracket was not installed when it arrived in Fort Worth. I’ve purchased an aftermarket bracket that (hopefully) works with the modular bumper.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So when I picked up my First Edition the dealer had drilled 2 holes into the piano black metal of my front grill for their cheap ass license plate holder. Didn't ask me or warn me beforehand. Said they "had to" because a front plate is required in Maryland (tho not in my state.) I am so pissed I can't even talk to them yet. Do I have a case for demanding a new undamaged grill from the dealer? From Ford?
Anyone have any ideas for how to handle this?

8A22AEA3-D9C2-48DF-91F7-7AFAEBC92F01.jpeg
A license plate is required in front in Maryland, but not when you drive it off the lot or when you take delivery. So make the dealership fix the holes it you didn't ask them to install the license plate holder.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So when I picked up my First Edition the dealer had drilled 2 holes into the piano black metal of my front grill for their cheap ass license plate holder. Didn't ask me or warn me beforehand. Said they "had to" because a front plate is required in Maryland (tho not in my state.) I am so pissed I can't even talk to them yet. Do I have a case for demanding a new undamaged grill from the dealer? From Ford?

8A22AEA3-D9C2-48DF-91F7-7AFAEBC92F01.jpeg
What communication had you made with them prior to instruct them not to install the plate and seek other remedies?

No matter your state's laws, the vehicle must comply with Maryland state law to leave.

That is not to say other arrangements couldn't have been made, but a plate was going to be on the car, they just could have done something vastly more temporary. And yea, they should be providing a new grill as they destroyed that one. At least it doesn't block the trail camera!

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

edited

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What communication had you made with them prior to instruct them not to install the plate and seek other remedies?

No matter your state's laws, the vehicle must comply with Maryland state law to leave.

That is not to say other arrangements couldn't have been made, but a plate was going to be on the car, they just could have done something vastly more temporary. And yea, they should be providing a new grill as they destroyed that one. At least it doesn't block the trail camera!
The vehicle is being registered out of state, so why does MD require the plate holder be installed?

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in a state that requires a front plate. The dealer asked me before doing it and didn’t after I said, “no.” I bought a mount that uses the modular bumper screws from @HBTFD and it looks great.
Ford Bronco Dealer drilled front grill- options? 3218E2AE-3499-4F5B-8063-688ADAC59648

DannyG

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 LR4, 1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder if I can stop this before it happens to mine? I live in New Mexico (no front plate required) but ordered from Texas (front plate required). I noticed on my window sticker it says "front license plate bracket - no charge." Now I need to go back and check the assembly line pictures and see if it is on in those.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maryland state law does not require a temp tag be displayed in front of the vehicle only permanent tags. I've bought several vehicles in Maryland and never had a license plate bracket mounted to the front of the vehicle before leaving the dealership.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A license plate is required in front in Maryland, but not when you drive it off the lot or when you take delivery. So make the dealership fix the holes it you didn't ask them to install the license plate holder.
Maryland state law does not require a temp tag be displayed in front of the vehicle only permanent tags. I've bought several vehicles in Maryland and never had a license plate bracket mounted to the front of the vehicle before leaving the dealership.
There are always variations between what a dealership is "supposed" to do and what they actually do.

Most states which require a front plate by law also have a law that dealerships must have all vehicles sold equipped with a front plate. Because it's easier to regulate the dealership network than the customer.

Now, if they choose to do so, that's also a matter for them.

All I could quickly find is the public facing MDCT 13-411. Dealerships often have overriding franchise and state vehicle sales laws over and above any such public facing law.

https://codes.findlaw.com/md/transportation/md-code-transp-sect-13-411.html

Sponsored

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-150, Honda Clarity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in a state that requires a front plate. The dealer asked me before doing it and didn’t after I said, “no.” I bought a mount that uses the modular bumper screws from @HBTFD and it looks great.
3218E2AE-3499-4F5B-8063-688ADAC59648.jpeg
Dude those tow shackles are sick! Where'd you get em if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dealer drilled front grill- options? 3218E2AE-3499-4F5B-8063-688ADAC59648
I had a discussion about this exact thing at my dealership in VA. They said this happened to one of their first deliveries because Virginia requires a front plate and the dealer prep stuff they had says to install it so they installed it on one of their first deliveries who got very upset (just like you), especially since he was an out of state order. Since then they've left if off and asked if people wanted it installed before installing it. I told them no, I'll risk the traffic ticket until I get a better plate holder that doesn't drill in there.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's probably standard procedure for them to add a front bracket. You should have just ordered the Bronco in you own state if your worried about it.

Like going to Mcd and asking for not ketchup. The are used to quickly preparing burgers the typical way. Half the time it will still come with ketchup, that's just standard procdure for them.

Supposed to remember to tell every since person in the shop to not add a plate to some random Bronco, possibly arriving months afterward. Who even know who will be handling new vehicles that particular day. Porters are probably a high turnover position anyways.

You didn't even think to warn them, now you think they should have somehow known it themselves. You think the average prep kid is supposed to track down every customer before doing something that is standard practice for them. They get it done and move onto the next car. They probably have no idea who the customers are, it just another random vehicle to them.

Last edited:

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In CA you can just put it on your dash inside truck. No biggie. I ordered a silicon cover for mine when its in my glove box or trunk area for soft storage. I'll only do that when I park in an area where they ticket for that or not curbing your wheels. I'm talking to you club districts.

Bongo Fury

Base
First Name
Bongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like they ASSUMED you wanted to just drive away like everyone else.
The "what if" issue to confront them with would be a scenario of "nope, I just wanted to flat hauler it to my collection for storage" and watch their faces.
Sponsored