JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealer low key f'd it up on purpose hoping you'll walk away so they can add on some ADM.
Its a high volume MSRP dealer. I think it was just sheer incompetence. I placed my order in spring of '21 with them and had to correct them like 4 times via phone, email, and text to get it right. In the end it was a good experience and I got exactly what I wanted, but it was largely my persistence and attention to detail. Like the OP, somewhere along the way things actually got changed and luckily I caught it. I long for the day when I can go to a website and just order my own vehicle. Dealers offer zero value in this scenario.
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer was 100 miles away, we still emailed build sheets with signatures back and forth after the build and price was finally decided.

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer was 100 miles away, we still emailed build sheets with signatures back and forth after the build and price was finally decided.
No way...everyone knows email is only good for 75 miles.

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealership effed up my order.

What I ordered was a decked out Lux package Wildtrak with a black painted hard top.

Painted hard top was not available, so I got a call and was talked into the MIC roof like many of you were. When my dealership switched the roof, they removed the Lux package, tow package and other accessories from my Bronco without notification. Did not notice until my window sticker was available, which was too late.

My bronco will be delivered in the next week or so. Just really disappointed that mistake was made and now I can't even put an order in for the original one I ordered. I plan on keeping the bronco, but also ordering what I wanted .... Eventually
Screenshot_20220410-091611.png
Screenshot_20220410-084121.png
Screenshot_20220410-084110.png
Screenshot_20220410-084317~2.png
Sounds like they did you a favor by removing the lux package because the B&O system has such poor reviews. And the tow package with a 7 pin connector - what trailer under 3500 lbs needs brakes? Just go aftermarket 4 pin for half the price. Iā€™d take that bronco and enjoy it.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No way...everyone knows email is only good for 75 miles.
Actually I was way off, check that out, guess that's why the emails worked? Lmao

Ford Bronco Dealer effed up my order Screenshot_20220427-061900_Maps

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like they did you a favor by removing the lux package because the B&O system has such poor reviews. And the tow package with a 7 pin connector - what trailer under 3500 lbs needs brakes? Just go aftermarket 4 pin for half the price. Iā€™d take that bronco and enjoy it.
An offroad camper trailer. Wouldnt attempt to tow one without electric brakes when on a mountain shelf or steep trail.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Without a copy of the DORA you have no idea what the dealer sent to Ford. The dealer likely dropped the major options causing delays in the hope that you would not want it. Opps, "Ford" made a mistake on your order. Sorry about. We won't make you take something you didn't order.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I guess on the bright side itā€™s less of a car payment or money down on the Bronco. Iā€™d take the Bronco and run while you still can.

It will be another year or two to Get what you want if you order again. May be better options available that suit your fancy and you can still drive a Bronco while you wait for the next order to come in.

You may find out that you donā€™t need the extra bells and whistles and just keep what you have.

Just a suggestion.

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I guess on the bright side itā€™s less of a car payment or money down on the Bronco. Iā€™d take the Bronco and run while you still can.

It will be another year or two to Get what you want if you order again. May be better options available that suit your fancy and you can still drive a Bronco while you wait for the next order to come in.

You may find out that you donā€™t need the extra bells and whistles and just keep what you have.

Just a suggestion.
If he waits heā€™ll likely have to deal with price protection issues since heā€™s abandoning his original order. That would probably amount to multi thousand dollars.
Sponsored