dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Received a strange email from my dealer stating that order banks will open up on the 19th! Awesome. But that I only have 30 days to submit my order instead of the formerly mentioned 60 days to submit. I wouldn’t have a problem with this timeline, except that b&p is supposed to be getting an update in March right? I had also asked about the allocations they received as a dealer and where my reservation falls into that, and he didn’t seem to have any idea what I was talking about.
B2721250-5391-492D-B55A-6A59628B612B.jpeg
This is when you mess with the dealership and tell them you're thinking about converting your reservation to MY 2022.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess just more so what would you guys do in this situation? I appreciate us Bronco enthusiasts and value your opinions. This forum has helped keep me informed so much. We are all in this together!
Send them the letter Ford put out and see what they say to that.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Such as my dealer telling me I'm free to refuse my Bronco if I don't like it and they'll just put it on the lot.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As far as holding out for an updated B&P, whatever is or is not on there doesn’t matter. It’s what’s in the order system to be put in by your dealership. The only way to know is to go to the dealership. Waiting for a “new” B&P won’t help you much.

Waiting may help clarify the accessories list though. That’s what I’m interested in finding out more about before ordering.
I don't think everyone here understands B & P and the accessories list are 2 different things.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer just told me to swing bye the 20th a d they are asking for 400 deposit to go with the 100 I already have for the reservation and they will enter my order in the system straight up front with me no bs

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have agreed on price and you were on board with this dealership does them saying 30 days instead of 60 days make it a deal breaker for you?

OP
OP
Noog1315

Noog1315

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you have agreed on price and you were on board with this dealership does them saying 30 days instead of 60 days make it a deal breaker for you?
So we haven’t quite agreed on a solid price since I haven’t put my order in, but I did get in previous email traffic them saying MSRP with no additional markup. I guess it’s not really a deal breaker just thought it was strange and why they might be only giving me half the time to convert my reservation into an order. It almost doesn’t matter anyway. With an August reservation date, I’m sure I’ll be pushed to MY22 anyway.

OP
OP
Noog1315

Noog1315

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just reply back and ask them why the timeline is different from what Ford Corp has publicly stated.

explain your rationale and call their BS. Contact for Corp if they don’t change their position and switch dealers if necessary
That is true. I appreciate the solid advice. I atleast want transparent communication on why they are giving less time.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So we haven’t quite agreed on a solid price since I haven’t put my order in, but I did get in previous email traffic them saying MSRP with no additional markup. I guess it’s not really a deal breaker just thought it was strange and why they might be only giving me half the time to convert my reservation into an order. It almost doesn’t matter anyway. With an August reservation date, I’m sure I’ll be pushed to MY22 anyway.
Sales is about a sense of urgency. If I was onboard with the dealership until now I wouldn't switch just on this alone. Do what your gut says, the purchase of a fun vehicle shouldn't be stressful.

OP
OP
Noog1315

Noog1315

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Then call, get an answer, solidify with an email "Per our conversation at ...".
I would call them, but I am currently deployed overseas right now and calling internationally costs money. Money that I’m trying to save for the Bronco! Lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Noog1315

Noog1315

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is when you mess with the dealership and tell them you're thinking about converting your reservation to MY 2022.
I should do that! Lol I’m probably going to be pushed to MY22 anyway with an August reservation date.

OP
OP
Noog1315

Noog1315

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sales is about a sense of urgency. If I was onboard with the dealership until now I wouldn't switch just on this alone. Do what your gut says, the purchase of a fun vehicle shouldn't be stressful.
I agree. I’m not totally turned off. I was probably going to submit my order sooner rather than later anyway just so I can’t stop driving my wife crazy trying to pick a color. Lol! Just seemed strange and wanted your guys take on why they could be asking that.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford is also being screwy with their allocation system, as a dealer converts their reservations to orders they have a clearer picture of how many Broncos their allotment would be. Ford has put dealers and buyers in an odd scenario with this roll out. As long as you agree on price, this doesn’t sound shady to me. Just my $.02

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

id agree
I think they might just be clueless. Maybe they missed the zoom meeting. ? I'm beginning to think more and more that some of the things we think are dealer shenanigans are just dealer incompetence. But who knows?!?!
Id agree! so many times these dealers know less than the educated consumers, it happens in other industries too.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They just don't want to find themselves in the last week of ordering scrambling because everyone is waiting until the last minute. The dealer order process with Ford is probably time consuming.

As I understand it, the changes to B&P in March has to do with dealer options only, which you can always add later before your VIN is produced. We don't even know if the B&P changes will occur prior to March 19th.
Sponsored