Sponsored

Dealer: "ford probably won't honor price protection. Theyll lie to you " Are these guys lazy, shady or stupid?

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Order placed 3/1/22. Converted in September of 22. Called the salesman when news broke about the "take off your top!" offer. He seemed 0% informed. Told me that modifying the order moves me to the back of the line. Got the official email Friday. Waited until yesterday to call the dealership, hoping they'd take the time to get informed.

Nope.

He's sticking to his guns that modifying an unscheduled order puts you at the back of the line and said he doesn't know if price protection and the $2500 offer can be combined. He then said that I'd need to confirm if they can be combined, but that Ford would probably just lie to me.

My instinct is that this guy/dealer is just lazy and uninformed, but he's also just not helpful. How do I get clarity? If I could move my order, I would.
Sponsored

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would assume that adjusting your order by removing constraints would move you "up" the line.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"My dealer said..."

Your salesrep is an idiot. Start by reading the Bronco FAQ. I would suggest forwarding that to your salesrep but buy the sounds of it he wouldn't read it anyhow because he already knows it all.

But to answer your question, order modifications don't push you to the back of the line, the FAQ states that orders will continued to be built in reservation timestamp order, defendant on constraints and allocations. Also, Price Protection and Order Modification offers can be combined.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
EruptionEnvy602

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Holy smokes... that dealer needs to stop being lazy and spend 30 minutes to read the paperwork from Ford.
"My dealer said..."

Your salesrep is an idiot. Start by reading the Bronco FAQ. I would suggest forwarding that to your salesrep but buy the sounds of it he wouldn't read it anyhow because he already knows it all.

But to answer your question, order modifications don't push you to the back of the line, the FAQ states that orders will continued to be built in reservation timestamp order, defendant on constraints and allocations. Also, Price Protection and Order Modification offers can be combined.
It's really frustrating because it feels like 1. Willful ignorance AND 2. Me trying to get this hammered out and scheduled is an annoyance.
Clearly the offers can be combined, but the salesperson isn't going to do anything to learn or communicate that. I worry that they just don't have enough allocation and know I'm never going to be scheduled or something.

SmartSelect_20230125_081250_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
EruptionEnvy602

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep! Find a new dealer (if you can)
If I could move the order, I would. I went with a smaller dealer because I did not know about the allocation model and thought throwing a smaller dealer business would be good. Mistakes were made.

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
EruptionEnvy602

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going to see if I can pick one up with a hard top at msrp close to what I ordered and just get the 2500 applied to that, canceling my order.
I guess I'd lose the ≈1800 in price protection?

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If I could move the order, I would. I went with a smaller dealer because I did not know about the allocation model and thought throwing a smaller dealer business would be good. Mistakes were made.
Oof. I feel ya. I did the exact same thing (thinking I'd go with a small dealer and help out 'the little guy'). He wouldn't honor my deposit and then when I challenged him on it, he refused to sell my First Edition to me.

I learned my lesson and now steer as much business away from him as I can.

Oddly enough, I got my deposit back in the mail from him a few days later. What a pos.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to see if I can pick one up with a hard top at msrp close to what I ordered and just get the 2500 applied to that, canceling my order.
I guess I'd lose the ≈1800 in price protection?
I can't confirm 100% if legit, but another forum member heard the $2500 offer on cancel, is only good for 75 days. Just something to keep in mind, you may not have rest of 2023 to find a suitable Bronco on a lot, and still get the $2500.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can always keep your current order active and see if it gets scheduled. In the meantime, try and find a hard topped Bronco on the lot somewhere. If you are successful in your search and find a new/untitled Bronco, you can apply your price protection rebate to that one.

Also keep in mind that Ford has basically committed to building all the MY23 orders that they can as long as they have the parts. If you have any of the big3 constraints and drop them all you should have a 99% chance of getting scheduled.

OP
OP
EruptionEnvy602

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can always keep your current order active and see if it gets scheduled. In the meantime, try and find a hard topped Bronco on the lot somewhere. If you are successful in your search and find a new/untitled Bronco, you can apply your price protection rebate to that one.

Also keep in mind that Ford has basically committed to building all the MY23 orders that they can as long as they have the parts. If you have any of the big3 constraints and drop them all you should have a 99% chance of getting scheduled.
If I can apply price protection and the $2500, I'll just buy now and forego another 6 months of getting my heart all a flutter every time I see

O- BRONCO -O

coming my way.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I can apply price protection and the $2500, I'll just buy now and forego another 6 months
We have yet to see if Order Modification and Price Protection rebate stacking is allowed on an off-the-lot Bronco. In order to get the $2500 OM rebate to apply to a stock Ford you first have to cancel your current order. If you cancel your current order you lose your PP rebate.

guest001

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Order placed 3/1/22. Converted in September of 22. Called the salesman when news broke about the "take off your top!" offer. He seemed 0% informed. Told me that modifying the order moves me to the back of the line. Got the official email Friday. Waited until yesterday to call the dealership, hoping they'd take the time to get informed.

Nope.

He's sticking to his guns that modifying an unscheduled order puts you at the back of the line and said he doesn't know if price protection and the $2500 offer can be combined. He then said that I'd need to confirm if they can be combined, but that Ford would probably just lie to me.

My instinct is that this guy/dealer is just lazy and uninformed, but he's also just not helpful. How do I get clarity? If I could move my order, I would.
Talk to the new car sales manager. Unless the dealership is so small they don't have one. The new car sales manager at my dealer dealt with everything Bronco. any questions, changes, etc went through him. I had a salesman assigned only because the sales manager didn't make anything on the sale. I never talked to the salesman until the day I picked it up.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I can apply price protection and the $2500, I'll just buy now and forego another 6 months of getting my heart all a flutter every time I see

O- BRONCO -O

coming my way.
I saw my exact dream build (BD, Hardtop, Sas, Tow, Mid) on my local dealer's site (I'm not ordered through them - I'm in Granger purgatory) and called to buy it on the spot. I was willing to pay a little markup. They said, oh it's not actually for sale we just list them "in case" it falls through, but we'll write your number down! We've had a lot of interest in this one!

:( I pretty much gave up looking for new stock after that. Waste of time. Good luck to you and all of us who are still waiting.

Oh they did have 1 used Big Bend actually for sale with a few thousand miles with a $10k markup. Get out of here with that trash.
Sponsored