Sponsored

Dealer; Ford will not allow order change.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone else heard of this or have it happen???

I called my Dealer today to drop the tow package (you know why....no explanation needed). He said he was just notified that my order and about 10 others were now flagged with a Priority 10 code and that NOTHING on the order could be changed. I said I was already a 10 priority at the Dealer and he said this was on Ford's end. I asked what that meant. He was unsure but believes the orders in question are getting ready for scheduling. I have confidence in my Dealer and Salesperson. Not getting my hopes up at all.

Has anyone heard of this?
Thanks

BroncoZ.jpg
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called my Dealer today to drop the tow package (you know why....no explanation needed). He said he was just notified that my order and about 10 others were now flagged with a Priority 10 code and that NOTHING on the order could be changed. I said I was already a 10 priority at the Dealer and he said this was on Ford's end. I asked what that meant. He was unsure but believes the orders in question are getting ready for scheduling. I have confidence in my Dealer and Salesperson. Not getting my hopes up at all.

Thanks

BroncoZ.jpg
Yeah, I saw someone post essentially the same story around mid-day today…

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/📄-new-bronco-orders-paused-after-march-7th-ppf-option-removed-hoss-3-0-package-updated-with-official-memo-document.37611/post-1235413

You guys should talk and compare notes. 😉

Tdecell

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2021 Outer Banks, 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The priority (10) is a dealer thing, not Ford. That just means that the dealer is ready for the vehicle to be put into production, in other words, the order is not on hold. You can make changes to the order up until the day Ford picks it for production. When Ford notifies you that you have a VIN#, no changes can be made..

CWL

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2018 F150, 2022 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
😂 I had the opposite. "My dealer said" over a month ago I couldn't remove Tow because I was "In for scheduling" and any change would push me to the end of the line. I forwarded him yesterdays email and they were happy to remove Tow and said "That should get you moved ahead". At this point I just have to go with the flow.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your dealer has lied. I was a 10 from the first day of my order. I made an order change with my Bronco in the preview stage. As stated earlier, they are lying.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think the dealer is lying. If the vehicle is "previewing" you will not be able to modify the order. That happened to me. A few weeks later I was able to change my color when I had VIN, and had a production week. However, maybe a week before I changed my color I couldn't modify anything. the only difference being was my production date was pushed back 2 weeks.

I think it depends on stages of the order process on Ford's side, not the dealer. My dealer sent me this picture when I tried to make a recent change.

-2474272357019712171.jpg

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well "my dealer told me" I couldn't change an order after 48 hours from when it was placed (this was on a mustang though, doubt it's true either way)

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When did you place your order? If it's been between 80 to 200 days, I'd say it's bout time they are getting ready for your build date.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When did you place your order? If it's been between 1 and 400 days, I'd say it's bout time they are getting ready for your build date.
Fixed it for ya...

Sponsored

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am thrilled for you ....you are most likely going to get your tow package....

Last edited:

Burnz442

Black Diamond
First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A,1969 442 W-30, 1986 CJ-7 2000 Firehwk
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also called my dealer today and got push back when I wanted to make a few small changes....so I do think Ford may have leaned on dealers a little bit to keep orders as they are. I'm sure if I pushed for it the changes would've been made however not a huge deal and hopefully I can order the parts through Ford after the fact. I'm pretty sure the Salesman are all fed up with this process just like we are. Can't imagine all the questions and calls they get everyday from all of us.

andysaurus_rex

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
While the general rule for making adjustments is "you can make changes until you're scheduled" is usually true, I have had the rare experience where a build is not *quite* yet scheduled but Ford still locks the order, I think it's called being previewed. Usually the order schedules shortly after this phase, but not always. I have a Maverick customer who wanted to make changes back in November but her build got locked and it still hasn't scheduled... There's no real benefit for the dealer to lie about this. It doesn't benefit them to not help you out if they can.

sojoant

Wildtrak
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco in production and 2015 MB ML400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Thanks

Ford Bronco Dealer;  Ford will not allow order change. -2474272357019712171
I got a call from Ford today saying my Wildtrak shipped. I hope it’s true. My small dealership has been of no help but these threads provide great suggestions to work through. I’m happy to hear that my truck shipped now I get to worry about transit issues. Thanks

judochop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While the general rule for making adjustments is "you can make changes until you're scheduled" is usually true, I have had the rare experience where a build is not *quite* yet scheduled but Ford still locks the order, I think it's called being previewed. Usually the order schedules shortly after this phase, but not always. I have a Maverick customer who wanted to make changes back in November but her build got locked and it still hasn't scheduled... There's no real benefit for the dealer to lie about this. It doesn't benefit them to not help you out if they can.
The benefit would be less work on their end, no? Not saying this is the case, but does seem like a possibility.
Sponsored